Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My mage is fire and have barely logged him in. My monk started WW and now is a bit of everything, haven't used either of them yet. Maybe I should?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'm having fun with the death knight, story isn't too bad, frost is sop-so and Ubholy is pretty good.
    Next reroll will be a leatherworking user, either DH or hunter, as you need a crapton of leather for blacksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Warlocks complaining about not being mages, DKs complaining about not being monks mobility wise, hunters complaining about being terrible while 3 other forums believe they are op, even DH pretending they are trash and that "all other melee are much better,so much fun,great,im rerolling"
    Hunters are not terrible dps-wise but gameplay-wise.

Deleted
    I play demolock and I'm happy about it.
    The whole spec revamp is fresh and really enjoyable.

Yes, overall damages are low. But It's easy to see why :
    - Lack of cleave
    - Ramp up (once the demons are popped out, I'm perfectly ok).

Both issues can be easily adressed. So I'm not worried at all for the future of the spec.

Something that exacerbates the issue is how MUCH power difference there is in gear.

Leveling was fine... til you hit 110.. then BOOM mob scaling made the SAME mobs you were handling well prior, become real pain in the asses.

785-820 is WAYYYYY tooo much of a jump in iLevel and power from fresh lvl 100 and Heroic Geared. Maybe not necessarily in iLevel #, but the amount of power that comes with it.

Then realize that because of Blizzard's Titanforging fiasco and legendary bullshit... you can have people WAY outgear others who have put in the same time/effort to gear. RNG in loot is and always has been a HORRIBLE idea.

Once they stop with that idiocy, THEN they can actually worry about balancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Something that exacerbates the issue is how MUCH power difference there is in gear.

Leveling was fine... til you hit 110.. then BOOM mob scaling made the SAME mobs you were handling well prior, become real pain in the asses.

785-820 is WAYYYYY tooo much of a jump in iLevel and power from fresh lvl 100 and Heroic Geared. Maybe not necessarily in iLevel #, but the amount of power that comes with it.

Then realize that because of Blizzard's Titanforging fiasco and legendary bullshit... you can have people WAY outgear others who have put in the same time/effort to gear. RNG in loot is and always has been a HORRIBLE idea.

Once they stop with that idiocy, THEN they can actually worry about balancing.
    You're making conclusions based on a 7 days old xpac.
    Give time to time, balance will come naturally.

And outgearing has always been in WoW. Some players wil always gear up faster than others, because they farm, because they're lucky (loot has been purely RNG-base since 12 years on this game).
    The "system" has nothing to do with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Whats the deal with this huge FOTM herd mentality? I've never seen this to such a magnitude in previous expansions? Is it because the majority of specs suck if you are not a fire mage or a DH? Or is it just that...FOTM in its most obvious form?
    It's pretty much always been there, and at the same magnitude since at least Cata. By that point, dps meters became essentially standard and people started thinking good enough wasn't, well, good enough. Many people had to be the top of the meters instead of using meters for what they are great at...figuring out how to improve your own abilities.

Perhaps the reason it looks more intense right now is because it hasn't been in the forefront since nearly 2 years ago with the launch of WoD...which had been about 2 years since the previous time it was on the forefront with the launch of MoP, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Remember... its not about just raids but mythic +. If those classes keep their absurd advantage in burst AoE the groups will have unfair advantages. Certain thresholds of mythic + will be exclusive to them... because why would you nerf your group by taking much worse DPS? Burst AoE = saved time.
    well
    a: the level of mythic+ required to get the highest loot possibble will be doable with pmuch any grp composition
    b: if you got a key no matter how shitty your class is people will come to do it with you
    c: certain threshholds will be exclusive either way, you cant make 36 specs equal in every single aspect without ruining their identity.
    d: basically every single class can do high mythic+, at worst you'll have to change specs.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    You're making conclusions based on a 7 days old xpac.
    Give time to time, balance will come naturally.

And outgearing has always been in WoW. Some players wil always gear up faster than others, because they farm, because they're lucky (loot has been purely RNG-base since 12 years on this game).
    The "system" has nothing to do with this.
    I am basing this on months in beta and 12 years playing this game. Balance will never come "naturally"... lol

It's clear you play a FotM class... I do too... but it's been my flavor the entire time AND I would rather get nerfed than have people I play with discouraged.

Keep in mind one thing... Blizz ALWAYS overnerfs... you may be OP today, but when they get around to nerfhammering your spec/class... it's going to be when you really WANT to be OP. Tears will flow like rivers.

It's Blizzard's fault for pushing 5 mans so much but not bothering to balance classes around them. Of course people are going to want to play specs that aren't useless in them

As a warrior, I just want to know how anyone does solo content with the dps specs. I did everything up as prot, went back, reliced out my arms weapon, got its first gold dragon, and promptly nearly died to any encounter with more than one mob, or mobs with lots of HP.

In many ways the grass is greener in many cases. Rogues have a lot of damage and a lot of survivability, while other DPS specs dont have as much damage and not near as much survivability. Blizzard was all over the place with class balance and it shows. Heck, fury is almost entirely useless at the moment from every standpoint.

Hunters and Warlocks were flat out butchered, but at least they're viable.

DPS warriors (many dps in general) are fun and viable, but not so great when it comes to not-dying.

Rogues and Mages do great DPS, are fun to play, and dont have to worry about dying when making a normal pull.

Balance is all over the place and of course people are mad. Its confusing, chaotic, and sloppy.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    That's how the Flavor of the Month club members work. They always reroll to the 'best' class and spec, and call their old one 'trash'...
    This
    From specs you mentioned, I tried fire, and god is it allien to what fire used to be! It feels like SoO frost. Its just that at the moment these specs shine in dungeons, so naturally every member of the club thinks they are the best.

To me it's not about how good the spec is, but about how fun it is (unless I'm doing high-end raiding, but I haven't done that since BC).

I started with DK, Warrior and Hunter in this expansion. Boring, boring boring.

Switched to rogue and not looking back. It's really fun this time, all 3 specs but especially sub and outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I hope instead of nerfs there will be boosts to classes to keep them balanced. That is what Square Enix is trying do do in FF XIV
    That requires way more effort though if you want to have somewhat balanced content as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the problem is mobs both in dungeons and out in the world are designed to be challenges well into the expansion. Characters in general are weaker than normal and people are translating that into my spec is weak.

The good news is primary stat scaling is strong so gear does a lot to remedy the problem.

Pretty happy with my warrior and, despite everything, my warlock. These always were my favorite classes. Thought demon hunter would change that. While it's fun on its own right, it didn't.

I think the situation is probably a multi-faceted one.

Utility Stripped:

A majority of classes have had their "utility" stripped out from them. When you remove utility from the raid environment, all that is left is the damage you can provide in the different situations presented by a raid or scenario/instance. Single-target, cleave, or aoe damage of course being the typical scenario you find yourself in. People are always looking for a class that can provide all 3, and passively if possible. Some people are irritated by the rigidity of having to change talents per fight given there are some hoops to jump through to change talents, and then also irritated by being silo'd into one form of dps that entire fight. This is different than what we've had in the past of being able to simply cast different spells depending on different situations.

Relevance of 5 Mans:

WoW has always had the benefit of being a raid-centric end-game. What this means is you can hide weaknesses of different class specs in larger raids where there is less detriment. With the new focus to 5 mans with Mythic+, making 5 mans meaningful, weaknesses in certain specs become more glaringly problematic. You may say, "but what about the bronze, silver, gold rankings in 5 mans the last 2 expansions? That made 5 mans relevant". No, it didn't because once you beat gold you were done, and all you got was a transmog. I point to the fact that you had groups selling carries through the "hardest" 5 mans had to offer. I'm sure there will be sellers for certain levels of Mythic+, however, you won't get carried through the rank 1 Mythic+ difficulty. Mythic+, just like in Diablo 3, means 5 man mythics will be progressing the entire expansion.

Player Evolution:

The game's been out forever. A good number of players play the game for the experience of the game, not for the class and the way it plays. This long into the history, many of us have played many or all of the classes and feel proficient enough to pick up and run with any of them. Who wouldn't choose a strong class to assure yourself a spot in a raid or mythic+?
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-09-07 at 02:36 PM.

isn't Mage really bad overall? The best specc is in the middle instead of higher up?

Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    To me it's not about how good the spec is, but about how fun it is (unless I'm doing high-end raiding, but I haven't done that since BC).

I started with DK, Warrior and Hunter in this expansion. Boring, boring boring.

Switched to rogue and not looking back. It's really fun this time, all 3 specs but especially sub and outlaw.
    Of all the classes that will prob be nerfed. IMO Rogue will be the first.

15+ Year Old Account
    More than happy and satisfied playing my hunter.

Whiners gonna whine.