Leveling as a sub rogue? 100-110, need help!

as far as i know, we have 0 aoe dmg. This sucks for me cuz im trying to rush to endgame so i wont be behind as much as i already am.

Im a Sub rogue, i love the playstyle and the feel of stealth, stab stab stab, vanish. NEXT!

got a few questions

- Whats our rotation when pulling 3-5 mobs? ( can we even handle that amount ? )

- what talent should i be using?

- What have u not known then, but should've have ? ( tips, tricks? )

TY

Deleted
    Talent wise i went with;
    1. Gloomblade, but Master of sub is fine.
    2. Subterfuge
    3. Deeper Stratagem
    4. Soothing Shadows
    5. Strike from the Shadows
    6. Premeditation
    7. Marked for Death

Rotation wise. Symbols of Death>Shadowstrike>Shadowstrike>Nighblade>Marked for Death>Eviscerate. Stuff would normally die after a few more gloom blades for me.

As for pulling mobs. You can handle 3 with using Shadow dance and Shuriken Storm, but really try not to pull more than 2. You are Single target spec for a reason. Sub literally lacks anything AoE related damage-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by runnbl3 View Post
    as far as i know, we have 0 aoe dmg. This sucks for me cuz im trying to rush to endgame so i wont be behind as much as i already am.

Im a Sub rogue, i love the playstyle and the feel of stealth, stab stab stab, vanish. NEXT!

got a few questions

- Whats our rotation when pulling 3-5 mobs? ( can we even handle that amount ? )

TY
    I have definitely pulled 3-5 mobs and not died. I think ShD double dips with Soothing Darkness so it heals for quite a bit during dance. I usually just SS and NB 2-3 targets and then ShD SS and pump out Eviscerates. If there are a lot of smaller adds (like 7+) that die quickly then I usually just ShD SS spam and most are dead within a dance or two.

I was running the talents Loktarok was running, but found that it was really annoying when I didn't squeeze that 4th Shadowstrike in during dance (I find it very close sometimes even if pooled to 100 energy). In that case take Vigor instead.

1. Gloomblade because face-tanking things
    2. Subterfuge
    3. Deeper Stratagem or Vigor esp if you want to spam aoe a bit more.
    4. Soothing Shadows
    5. Strike from the Shadows (I am actually using PotW for some reason...I barely CS mobs)
    6. Premeditation
    7. Marked for Death

I'm still using the Archie Trinket and have 5 ranks in Precision Strike for 25% increase SS damage. Most things are dead before or just after Subterfuge ends. If your gear is a bit sad, then, again what Loktarok said will kill most things. I haven't had problems with 3+ mobs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by runnbl3 View Post

got a few questions

TY
    leveled as and still playing sub. for non-dungeons I go with:
    Master of Sub
    Nightstalker
    Vigor
    Soothing Darkness
    Strike From the Shadows
    Premeditation
    Master of Shadows

You can pull 3-5, dont that. you want fast kills, forget Nightblade.
    Shuriken storm for CP and eviscerate/DfA them. Normal mobs should go down fast.

Stealth to regen and all over again

What @Loktarok said regarding talents although I use Master of Shadows instead of MfD.

3 mob pulls: sap one, blind one, burn them down one by one.

Soothing Darkness definitely works with dance.

You can't use Vanish rotationally as you will reset your target if they have no other targets, they will evade and heal to full even if you engage them again in the next GCD. But if other people are attacking them as well you can take advantage of the extra opportunities for Shadowstrike (or SoD refreshes) that Vanish affords (mostly useful for rare elite type mobs).

Oh, I tried Vigor instead of Stratagem recently. Only been playing for few hours with it, but I do feel like I have a much larger burst window (duh! ).

Something tells me Haste build won't be that bad, but then again, I may be waaaay wrong. Like I said, haven't played enough using Vigor.

Some things in this thread are weird. I leveled smoothly as sub.

Master of sublety (gloomblade is pretty meh, look at its damage vs a MoS buffed backstab, like 12% difference on something that rarely gets used)
    subterfuge, you can use nightstalker if you want to move faster while questing but the burst is a bit lower.
    vigor, way better burst, lets you reliably get in 4 shadowstrikes per shadow dance
    soothing for healing
    strike to turn shadowstrike into cheapshot
    premed since your main builder is shadowstrike
    marked for death because an extra 5pt evis when our mastery is damage on finishers, and our cp cools down shadow dance

fights go, symbols of death, shadow strike, shadow strike (2x backstab instead if you took movespeed, pause if you want to proc a 5th cp), evis, Marked for death, Evis, shadow dance, SS, SS, evis, SS SS (pause if youwant for cp) evis. depending on rng things might straight up die by the time the marked evis goes out.

For longer fights use goremaw to regen energy. Pool before going into shadow dance. Its important to get the most CP out of every shadow dance so you can keep cooling it off. Theres enough time in shadow dance for 5 gcds. abuse marked for death, it helps cooldown shadow dance.. no reason to ever run out while questing.

at higher levels with sturdier mobs if im in a multie mob fight im starting to dot the secondary targets with nightblade before fnishing the burst on the main target. for stury single target mobs keep up nightblade, as long as it runs about 2/3rds of its time it breaks even with evis.

take note that shadow dance heals you.
    Last edited by scrangos; 2016-09-08 at 09:07 AM.

I've reliably pulled 3-5 depending on what the pack was, and ShSt them down without any issue. I usually blur around Shadowstriking the first couple while the others come in, and then nightblade another. Shadow Dance and ShSt alternating Evis at 4-5 CP just to cut down on wasting points. Usually I Goremaw after that first Dance is over, and hop back in to another Dance and use the Vial. I've never had an issue with health. Especially if you're going down towards Akaari's Soul, because you get a huge dodge increase. Also, looking on the PTR, it looks like it is going up even more... woohoo!

With that, I'm pretty sure I've never pulled more than I could handle, including rares that are around mobs, like in Stormheim. We still have Evasion, Blind (if you can pull it off and pull the pack out of range of them), any pots you need, and Vanish (to reset the Soothing Shadows), and even the fake vanishing powder stuff from Marin's vault, Smoke Powder, which should also trigger it.