Page 1 of 2
LastLast

literally want to quit this pos class.

just ran a random heroic for the daily, full group all 840~ ilvl.

i was feral, im pulling pure trash aoe dmg every pull, our holy fucking paladin pulling over 125k on each pack easily.

first boss, I pulled 215k dps single target, he fucking pulled 235k as a FUCKING HOLY PALADIN.

second boss he was 2nd in dps with 180k.

i don't understand how a holy paladin is pulling MORE than my aoe dmg on trash (even though we suck at aoe)

but he can pull that much single target.. i also felt he heals WAY better than resto druids

Okay, I'm a holy paladin who does the same thing, so I'm just gonna drop in and say some shit.

First, we can do a crazy amount of dps but that's only if there's downtime. It's somewhat rare in heroics to have enough downtime during a boss fight to use wings for dps rather than heals. So, it's not always insane like that.

Second, it takes a bit of gear to do dps like that. You said you're all around 840 so you vastly out gear heroics meaning he could take every dps ability available (holy prism, crusaders might, holy avenger, etc) which isn't optimal for healing but increases our dps by a large amount. Out gearing heroics by that much gives him (and the rest of the group) freedom to do whatever, so he went for a dps centric build.

That's mainly it. You'll never really see a holy paladin doing that much unless he has the freedom to take every dps talent available. We still do really good dps, it's just not as much as that.

As for the healing, I have no real idea. I do perfectly fine in mythics as a holy paladin and I did perfectly fine all the way to mythic 10 on beta as a holy paladin. I don't play an Rdruid so can't really compare too much.

Edit: One last thing. If you were all 840+ or around there, the fight length was probably about a minute give or take a few seconds, his dps would have dropped after wings and any other CDs fell off.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-07 at 03:32 AM.

Deleted
    Ok, lets summarize:

1. Legion is 1 week old. Check
    2. You pull your random data out of 1 random hc with random people. Check
    3. Those random people were overgeared. (840 is not average) Check
    4. Then you take your random data from your random hc with your random overgeared people and reflect actual content performance with it, which starts in 2 weeks. Check
    5. You obviously have no clue about what other classes/speccs can do/are capable of. Check
    6. With that gear advantage, a hc boss lasts like 1 min. 40 secs or less with bl. So basically, the whole grp just bursts the shit outta the boss. As a dot class like feral its totally natural that you get outbursted by practically anything what is not an affliction lock. Check
    7. Then you suddenly switch the consensus to the hps difference between a holy pala and a resto druid, which makes absolutely no sense to me. Check

<------ Theres the door. Bye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Ok, lets summarize:

1. Legion is 1 week old. Check
    2. You pull your random data out of 1 random hc with random people. Check
    3. Those random people were overgeared. (840 is not average) Check
    4. Then you take your random data from your random hc with your random overgeared people and reflect actual content performance with it, which starts in 2 weeks. Check
    5. You obviously have no clue about what other classes/speccs can do/are capable of. Check
    6. With that gear advantage, a hc boss lasts like 1 min. 40 secs or less with bl. So basically, the whole grp just bursts the shit outta the boss. As a dot class like feral its totally natural that you get outbursted by practically anything what is not an affliction lock. Check
    7. Then you suddenly switch the consensus to the hps difference between a holy pala and a resto druid, which makes absolutely no sense to me. Check

<------ Theres the door. Bye.
    10/10 reply, could'nt had make a better list myself.

Try a different spec? I've never had more fun as a Druid than I have in the last week.

Feral will come into its own in a few weeks when folks are taking on harder content and longer fights.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Try a different spec? I've never had more fun as a Druid than I have in the last week.

Feral will come into its own in a few weeks when folks are taking on harder content and longer fights.
    Feral will kick major ass in Mythic+ where mobs actually get to live more than a few nanoseconds.
    I've never had more fun as a Druid than I have in the last week.
    Oh, and this X 10. Friggin' loving the state that Guardian/Resto is in right now, putting my spare relics into Feral/Boomy artifacts for some offspec fun later.
    Love it, love it, love it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having a complete blast maining Balance and off-speccing Resto. Druid has rarely felt better imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Completely agree. Balance hasn't felt this nice MoP imo. Love how resto and balance are pretty much the same gear just different trinkets. I personally just use my balance trinkets anyway since I always HoT the tank up n DPS.
    Feeling nice is pretty irrelevant when the amount of work we put into our class and FoE timing has us doing extremely middle of the road boss DPS and fucking unacceptable trash DPS. Balance hasn't felt this ABYSMAL in a very long time, good luck ever beating a non-brain-dead non-quadriplegic rogue in DPS.

Also, OP, you think feral is bad, really?

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

L2P. Balance is bad, feral is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Having a complete blast maining Balance and off-speccing Resto. Druid has rarely felt better imo.
    Yep, has never felt better. Except, you know, when we did actual damage.

Isn't this already your second druid whine thread where you're not making any concrete points? Yeah, you should quit the class, and quit the game while you're at it. Are you gonna make a new useless rant thread after every dungeon that makes you realize you suck at playing a druid?

Holy paladin damage is broken right now and probably won't live until 7.1. While it's ok that healers can do a fair amount of damage, compared to all other healers holy does insane amounts of single and aoe damage.
    Holy shocks for 500k and more and judgments up to 300k with ~830 gear are beyond ridiculous, and consecration ticks for 20k, so you should not compare to that.

But yes, generally I agree that feral is really a fairly weak spec right now and so I switched to balance for the first time ever for leveling and I am really having a blast. Nothing beats killings mobs by dropping moons on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Feeling nice is pretty irrelevant when the amount of work we put into our class and FoE timing has us doing extremely middle of the road boss DPS and fucking unacceptable trash DPS. Balance hasn't felt this ABYSMAL in a very long time, good luck ever beating a non-brain-dead non-quadriplegic rogue in DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

linking pure patchwerk no movement simcraft results and expecting people to take you seriously LUL. Feral is known to have garbage dungeon performance and be honestly the most punishing of all classes regardless of gear for making a mistake. ( except possib. SPriest never played one )
    Sims take a class and pull their optimal rotation off with sub 1% failures. on top of just being pure single target (something that doesnt exist in any of the upcoming raids )

sims are to be taken as a small grain of salt not no gospel.

10+ Year Old Account
    He started two threads about how bad feral is in the last two days... other threads he started aren't much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Simcraft #'s are completely wrong, feral is NOT going to be top on real fights. Simcraft is also notorious for simming Balance wrong, Balance will perform much better in a real environment and we do fine in mythics. FoE is annoying to be sure, but it is a high-skill cap ability which I like. It means if I'm good I'll stand out against other boomkins, sick of easy as cheese rotations that require no forethought or planning.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. It was pretty expensive and i don't want it to get damaged.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    Simcraft #'s are completely wrong, feral is NOT going to be top on real fights. Simcraft is also notorious for simming Balance wrong, Balance will perform much better in a real environment and we do fine in mythics. FoE is annoying to be sure, but it is a high-skill cap ability which I like. It means if I'm good I'll stand out against other boomkins, sick of easy as cheese rotations that require no forethought or planning.
    I mean, I don't know what your experience is but FoE is insanely punishing given the large amount of boss mechanics that force you to run around like an idiot with no predictability.

Also, is FoE even the top performing skill atm?

I really wish Moonkin was balanced with the other DPS, then it would be more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, we already have the "Shadow Priest is shit" threads, now we have the "feral is shit" thread. Give it a few days / weeks and every class has made their "my specc is shit" thread.

Business as usual, right?
    Meanwhile, someone else is trying to hijack this thread to also whine that balance is shit.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    do we not just spam fillers on trash?

We in here talkin' 'bout trash. We talkin' 'bout trash. Not a boss. Not a boss. Not a boss. We talkin' 'bout trash. Not a boss. We talkin' 'bout trash, man! I mean how silly is that? We talkin' 'bout trash.

What are we talkin' 'bout?

Trash.

Try balance instead, I've been seeing moonkins doing crazy damage lately. I rarely play my druid so I cant tell you where they stand exactly but just from what I've been seeing from others them seem to be doing very well.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

- - - Updated - - -

Really enjoy how you just complained. And compared us to the HIGHEST dps class in the game right now.
    Great job
    5/7
    Much smart