Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy Starting Rotation

I just Went unholy from Frost and I'm having a question about the rotation which Im not totaly sure bout.
    On Icy Veins its says something like
    Disease
    Transform Pet
    Festering Strike (FS)
    ->
    Soul Reaper Into 3 Scourge Strike
    OR
    Soul Reaper Into Apocalypse if Apocalypse is up.

and then more.

So my question is, are you supposed to do several Festering Strikes during the last step when ur going to use Apocalypse? Cause on Icy Veins i read it as if I should just use one FS and then Apocalypse but that feels wrong. Am I missing something?

Cheers!

//Exeetor

Apoc should be used with 8 wounds, 7 minimum(as casting another Festering would overcap)

After you outbreak/transform your priority is getting 8(7) wounds up first > soul reaper > apoc > gargoyle > Dump RP > normal rotation

Master Race passive (Orc) - Outbreak - gargoyle - transformation - Get 8 or at least 7 FW with FS - pop SR - hit with apoc - than start the normal rotation with building and spending FS.

Feel free to put 1 or two coils in while getting the 8 FW to dump RP

This is how i start.

Deleted
    I usually:

6 secs prepull army - 1 sec prepull transform - outbreak - garg - fester till 7+ wounds (weave in Dcoils to get RC up) - Soul Reaper - Apocalypse - Normal rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Apoc should be used with 8 wounds, 7 minimum(as casting another Festering would overcap)

After you outbreak/transform your priority is getting 8(7) wounds up first > soul reaper > apoc > gargoyle > Dump RP > normal rotation
    Unholy rotation has a couple rules that changes what to do next in your general rotation.

-If apocalypse is not on CD, you need to festering strike till you have 7-8 FS (8 ideal but its not worth using another festering strike if you have 7 on already) then use apocalypse.

-Dont SS if you have only 1 wound left on the target in case of a wasted crit

-Dont use rune generating abilities if it puts you over the cap

- Make sure you are at max rune before summoning valk and while its active rune dump is your main priority..

These are some of the main rules.

I'll narrate my opening for you tho:

Start with army few seconds before the pull (especially if you have the artifact trait) > Transform on pull > Festering strike till you have 7-8 FW > Apocalypse > Summon Valky > Death coil till you run out of runic power > FS then death coil until valk is gone > if no FW on target FS if +2 wound on target SS

and carry on from there

Yea thats what I thought! Thanks all for your answeres. Then I wasnt doing it wrong atleast ^^

I see people are using gargoyle before apoc/reaper, but I've been holding gargoyle until after apoc/reaper so that it spawns while im under the haste buff. I'm not sure how gargoyle snapshots our stats so if its better to pop reaper'd wounds before/during Gargoyles uptime.

I see people are using gargoyle before apoc/reaper, but I've been holding gargoyle until after apoc/reaper so that it spawns while im under the haste buff. I'm not sure how gargoyle snapshots our stats so if its better to pop reaper'd wounds before/during Gargoyles uptime.
    I would also think that the garg would benefit from the debuff that the ghoul's put on the target as well?

Deleted
    I think that gargoyle will last through SR duration anyway so best not to waste a GCD casting it mid rotation ? Im not a DK main so might be wrong.

Edit: Don't think gargoyle snapshots, again could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irontouch View Post
    I think that gargoyle will last through SR duration anyway so best not to waste a GCD casting it mid rotation ? Im not a DK main so might be wrong.

Edit: Don't think gargoyle snapshots, again could be wrong.
    I think summonable pets that last for x don't snapshot since Mop or something.

I created a similar topic with almost the same questions, too bad nobody gave a shit...

Seems that some of those rotations are forgetting few steps.

This "After you outbreak/transform your priority is getting 8(7) wounds up first > soul reaper > apoc > gargoyle > Dump RP > normal rotation" for example:
    After you Soul Reaper, you gonna miss some of the wounds, so you CANT apoc right after, you must FS again in order go up to 7-8 stacks.

I really wish someone could reply this

Gonna up my topic, lets see if somebody shows up...

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    I created a similar topic with almost the same questions, too bad nobody gave a shit...

Seems that some of those rotations are forgetting few steps.

This "After you outbreak/transform your priority is getting 8(7) wounds up first > soul reaper > apoc > gargoyle > Dump RP > normal rotation" for example:
    After you Soul Reaper, you gonna miss some of the wounds, so you CANT apoc right after, you must FS again in order go up to 7-8 stacks.

I really wish someone could reply this

Gonna up my topic, lets see if somebody shows up...
    SR doesn't eat FW...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    Master Race passive (Orc) - Outbreak - gargoyle - transformation - Get 8 or at least 7 FW with FS - pop SR - hit with apoc - than start the normal rotation with building and spending FS.

Feel free to put 1 or two coils in while getting the 8 FW to dump RP

This is how i start.

^this

For AoE packs I been practicing and getting better at the starting combo:

Plague
    Epidemic x1
    FS
    DnD
    SS
    Then stack wounds for Apoc
    If the first SS Crits then numbers flew all over and I smile :-)
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

So is the consensus then that the gargoyle does not benefit from Armies of the Damned?

I tried to check and couldn't find anything one way or the other, I'm honestly not even sure how you could verify such a thing without a blue post?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    SR doesn't eat FW...
    So you are saying that we should SR even if we don't SS to get the haste buff?
    I thought was mandatory SR + burst some wounds...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    So you are saying that we should SR even if we don't SS to get the haste buff?
    I thought was mandatory SR + burst some wounds...
    You should only soul reaper if you have at least 3 festering wounds on the target and 2 1/2 runes ready to dump into scourge strike. Apoc lines up nicely for every other SR, so you should be ready with 7-8 wounds when both are coming off CD.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I'm playing with Bursting Sores, Pestilent Pustules, Castigator, Infected Claws and Soul Reaper but I have some questions,

What do you guys do when Scourge of Worlds proc in those situations:
    - If it procs when you don't have enough/any Festering wounds on the target, do you do Festering Strike and then Scourge Strike to not waste any possible crits while losing some Global cooldowns and thus some Scourge of Worlds proc? Do you ignore Festering Wounds and prioritize spaming Scourge Strike for the duration of the buff?
    - If it procs when you are still getting Runic Power caped, do you still send some Death Coils losing globals for it? Do you just Scourge Strike and ignore the excess runic power that might go to waste?
    - If it procs and you don't have runes up, do you weave some Death Coils to proc Runic Corruption to speed runic regeneration with the chance to for it to proc Scourge of Worlds again on top of the existing one?
    - If you are running with Necrosis, do you weave Death Coils before each Scourge Strike even while Scourge of Worlds is up?

I'm siting on 31% crit and i feel i'm generating much more Runic power that i can generate and I'm 'forced' to dump it when everything else is happening at the same time, if only Death Coil was out of the global CD.... On the other hand on some pulls even with this amount of crit I'm forced to use 6 runes to get the 8-7 Festering Wounds, its depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    I'm playing with Bursting Sores, Pestilent Pustules, Castigator, Infected Claws and Soul Reaper but I have some questions,

What do you guys do when Scourge of Worlds proc in those situations:
    - If it procs when you don't have enough/any Festering wounds on the target, do you do Festering Strike and then Scourge Strike to not waste any possible crits while losing some Global cooldowns and thus some Scourge of Worlds proc? Do you ignore Festering Wounds and prioritize spaming Scourge Strike for the duration of the buff?
    - If it procs when you are still getting Runic Power caped, do you still send some Death Coils losing globals for it? Do you just Scourge Strike and ignore the excess runic power that might go to waste?
    - If it procs and you don't have runes up, do you weave some Death Coils to proc Runic Corruption to speed runic regeneration with the chance to for it to proc Scourge of Worlds again on top of the existing one?
    - If you are running with Necrosis, do you weave Death Coils before each Scourge Strike even while Scourge of Worlds is up?

I'm siting on 31% crit and i feel i'm generating much more Runic power that i can generate and I'm 'forced' to dump it when everything else is happening at the same time, if only Death Coil was out of the global CD.... On the other hand on some pulls even with this amount of crit I'm forced to use 6 runes to get the 8-7 Festering Wounds, its depressing.
    I know this is the wrong answer, but honestly, for right now, I mostly ignore scourge of worlds, if it procs when I'm using SS/CC great but I don't really care.

The only time I might make an acknowledgement to it is if I have just started putting wounds on the target SoW procs, and I know I'm not going to delay a SR or Apocalypse by using SS right then I may go ahead and use SS/CS earlier than I intended (such as only have 1 or 2 wounds on the target).

Trying to focus to much on Scourge of Worlds just seems to leading to messing up and doing worse overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I usually:

6 secs prepull army - 1 sec prepull transform - outbreak - garg - fester till 7+ wounds (weave in Dcoils to get RC up) - Soul Reaper - Apocalypse - Normal rotation.
    This is spot on what I use, and is very comfortable. Truth be told, our rotation is the most comfortable and fluid I think it's ever been. Just my two pennies, though.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I actually think its kinda hard lol, specially with 3 targets (dungeons for ex), since most of the pulls dont last enough and i cant really setup perfectly (put wounds on a target, DnD and start SS).

Btw i know that for Cast we go haste = crit and CS we go haste > mastery, but is there any kind of stats weight or sim telling when its good to change for CS if i have, lets say, 3k more mastery than crit? Also does someone know our exactly stats weigh (haste = 6.72 crit = 4.23 for CS etc)? I couldn't find it anywhere