Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

To those of you who are 110, what did you level as and what is your spec now?

I am about to start leveling my Druid as my main alt so I'm curious what the best path is. I am undecided what spec I will main at max...although I already have a Resto Sham so probably not Resto.

What is the fastest for leveling....Boomy, Feral, or Bear?

Deleted
    For leveling they are all decent. Bear is best for all suramar stuff.

Deleted
    I levelled as moonkin as it's my raiding spec, but I've heard Bear is really nice for big pulls and stuff dies pretty much just as quick as a DPS spec. Just gotta decide what spec you wanna play at in the end, considering your artifact and the power you funnel into it.

Deleted
    Leveled as Balance, I now quest as balance but my main spec is resto. Resto is the spec I go into dungeons with. I love the satchels. Over 800g for a heroic with instant queue

Deleted
    Big pulls and AOE spam in bear form is awesome, as well as instant queues for dungeons for the end of zone and druid class quests. You should stick some AP into the 3 rank skill that boost mangle damage (helps a lot on elites etc), but no other Artifact abilities are important while levelling, so you can horde most of your AP items incase you decide to respec at 110.

TBH though, why would any self respecting druid want to play as anything except a bear :P

I quested 100% as Balance. That's my main spec I play at level cap. I had zero issues, it was effective and fun. I was in full mythic HFC gear so that can have an impact. Can't really comment on the other specs.

Leveled as, and still playing as Guardian. Can only recommend.

Tank DH, still am.

I like tanking, Tanking was the better leveling spec - so I started with it. Highly recommend for large, constant pulls. I found I was doing comparable DPS to Havoc until 108 or so, as well. Tank's DPS scales like shit as our ilvl reaches higher, though. I find myself doing comparable DPS at 842 as I did at 820, only ~15-25% higher.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-09-07 at 08:16 AM.

Kitty until 103~104 (4 piece bonus + Predator = endless energy)
    Then bear to AoE / smash stuff.

Guardian is main spec, has been since TBC.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Level´d my Warrior as Arms. Will stay Arms. Prot as second spec. Just because of WorldPvP, mass-mob-farming and Elites-soloing. I just don´t like fury. Main Lv 110.

Level´d my Druid as Kitty. Will stay Kitty. Maybe Guardian as second spec. Im not into healing and was never even decent as boomy. She´s Lv 104 by now.

Level´d DH as Havoc. Will stay Havoc. Maybe get into Vengance by time. She´s 103 by now.

Level´d DK as Frost. Will stay Frost. Maybe try the other specs at 110. She´s 103 by now.

Level´d Hunter as Survival. Will stay Survival. Maybe BM as second spec, because ofdamage and RP-Lore of my char. He´s 104 by now.

If i´ve got enough time I will level up everything else. With most I will stick with the spec, because i choose before i play the toon long enough. Sometimes just for Rp-reasons. i don´t like that "but spec-X does way more damage/ is a better Tank"-stuff. Even if i´m somewhat shitty with the spec i choose, it has to be fun

That said, you should play what you like. I can recomment bear and kitty so far. But mure kitty, because "purrrrrrrrrrrr".
    Last edited by Jean Morgan; 2016-09-07 at 09:07 AM.

Levelled as Bear, playing Bear/Resto at 110.

When you level as Bear, remember this: You can take quite a bit of punishment, and your filler is AE. So you might as well pull the whole damn camp.
    I levelled with this talent setup. 1-minute Barkskin combined with Brambles works wonders for killing masses of quest mobs.
    Moonfire everything, clump it up, Barkskin - use Lunar Beam for even more AE sillyness.

When you're done looting your giant pile of mobs, a quick Rejuv/Swiftmend/Regrowth puts you at full health, ready to rock.

Once you get Embrace of the Nightmare in your artifact (probably right @ 110 if you aim for it), it becomes a question of "Can I get the entire WQ done in one pull?"
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2016-09-07 at 09:13 AM.

From 100 to 102 I leveled as a resto (Balance Affinity), I do not recommend it as it takes time, a lot of it.

After I got my Balance artifact it was smooth. Mind you, I only took the first perk in the artifact so you can hold all your artifact power for another spec if you are planning to go into resto for example at 110 as your main spec.

At 110, mobs' scaling becomes a real issue from what I see. It will be hard sometimes to fight two mobs at a time (Remember, no artifact power spent on the balance weapon here) so you will have to proceed with caution. Not sure how it will be if I spent any power on the weapon but I guess it will be smoother if you go as guardian.

TL;DR: Leveling is fine as long you don't want to kill yourself by leveling as a restokin.

I did it as Feral, no real issues. I'm sure Guardian would level faster, though, simply because it does pretty silly (AoE) damage and is immortal.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Tank DH, still am.

I like tanking, Tanking was the better leveling spec - so I started with it. Highly recommend for large, constant pulls. I found I was doing comparable DPS to Havoc until 108 or so, as well. Tank's DPS scales like shit as our ilvl reaches higher, though. I find myself doing comparable DPS at 842 as I did at 820, only ~15-25% higher.
    You are in the druid subforum.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balance for both and I have to say... the spec is fine... but it's so unrewarding in terms of damage for the work you put in. They should really buff us a bit.

I leveled in a group with 2 ret pallies (1 who is MS Holy) and a guardian druid (MS Resto) and I was balance. We basically facerolled everything as we started off in Mythic HFC gear..I'm still balance but roll with a resto OS for easy dungeon queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Morgan View Post
    Level´d my Warrior as Arms. Will stay Arms. Prot as second spec. Just because of WorldPvP, mass-mob-farming and Elites-soloing. I just don´t like fury. Main Lv 110.

Level´d my Druid as Kitty. Will stay Kitty. Maybe Guardian as second spec. Im not into healing and was never even decent as boomy. She´s Lv 104 by now.

Level´d DH as Havoc. Will stay Havoc. Maybe get into Vengance by time. She´s 103 by now.

Level´d DK as Frost. Will stay Frost. Maybe try the other specs at 110. She´s 103 by now.

Level´d Hunter as Survival. Will stay Survival. Maybe BM as second spec, because ofdamage and RP-Lore of my char. He´s 104 by now.

If i´ve got enough time I will level up everything else. With most I will stick with the spec, because i choose before i play the toon long enough. Sometimes just for Rp-reasons. i don´t like that "but spec-X does way more damage/ is a better Tank"-stuff. Even if i´m somewhat shitty with the spec i choose, it has to be fun

That said, you should play what you like. I can recomment bear and kitty so far. But mure kitty, because "purrrrrrrrrrrr".
    Druid forum.

OT : Moonkin, pull everything in sight and starfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your replies, everyone. I'm still conflicted between leveling as Bear or Cat. I will for sure have a Balance off-spec but can't decide on main spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled Feral, was pretty solid, only switched to Guardian 2-3 times for tougher rares, or elites. my offpsec is Guardian, but i have all 4 specs to 13 artifact ranks, and my gear converts, so I play all of them, but Feral/Guardian is a fantastic combo.

Balance all the way. Get yourself a tanking follower for a meat shield.