Fistweaver, it is very necessary?

Hi everyone,

In a nutshell, I can be good without using any damage ability in mobs?

I know there is a talent/traint (do not know the head, I'm coming back to the game now) that retrieves mana tea when using rising sun kick, I can be accepted in groups and be good as without hitting the mobs? I want to heal, not dps

Tks

you can still heal completely fine without using your dps abilities, as far as I'm aware fistweaving is just a very min-max playstyle that usually assumes you can stay in melee at all times and other perfect scenarios.

Deleted
    I only DPS when theres nobody to heal and I've done all current content just fine.

The fistweaving talents are absolutely not mandatory.

you need to be very skilled to fistweave effectively...i.e doing 120k dps single target with current gear + being able to keep your hots going and using cds so you can focus on fistweaving. If you can only do 20-30k dps i woulnd't bother, just focus on keeping people alive.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

7+ Year Old Account
    No. It is never mandatory including in mop and wod.

fistweave was removed from mop, attacks no longer heal your group, you only use offensive abilities in heroics or when overgearing something

ill get up in there and leg sweep pretty much on cd. and SCK spam for 3+ mobs. but bosses i generally feel that im better off keeping my distance unless im really bored and nothing to heal
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't FW'd since SoO when it was actually good (imho). I do completely fine and a lot of times better the people who FW and I strictly MW now

It's not necessary, but you are seriously advantaged if you stand in melee due to 2 of our golden traits. (Celestial Breath and Mist of Sheilun) and Essence Font.

So.. if there is nothing to heal and you're in melee.. why not do dps?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Rising Thunder talent is pretty good if you can consistently RSK the target. It gives TFT about an 8s CD. Plus RSK does about 200-300k damage each time.

I've been using that talent in Mythics and it's great. Don't know if I'll be able to keep it for raiding though, but from the looks of it, there are several fights where I can use it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-09-20 at 06:27 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Just did Court of Stars Mythic+4 today.

The endboss there is a harsh dps check and if you dont aid your group with like ~100k dps as healer aswell, you mostlikly won't be able to kill the boss in time and wipe. Or in other words, your group needs to deal roughly 900k dps all together, maybe you get good dps in your team but most likely you need to help them aswell in dealing damage.

That aoe spell gets so strong in the end, you just can't heal against it.

So what you're saying is nobody can do Court of Stars Mythic +4 without a mistweaver monk or a disc priest?

I didn't try balance affinity yet, but I have high doubt I can do 100k dps on my druid.

So forgive me for being skeptic.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cTox View Post
    Just did Court of Stars Mythic+4 today.

The endboss there is a harsh dps check and if you dont aid your group with like ~100k dps as healer aswell, you mostlikly won't be able to kill the boss in time and wipe. Or in other words, your group needs to deal roughly 900k dps all together, maybe you get good dps in your team but most likely you need to help them aswell in dealing damage.

That aoe spell gets so strong in the end, you just can't heal against it.
    Tried CoS +4 last night and completed it without taking any fistweaving talents.
    That being said, we narrowly missed out on the timer (by about 1min 20secs) and myself and the dps were dead, our DH hunter tank solo'd the last 8%.
    We then went in again to try and beat the timer but the same thing happened, it is just too much damage to heal through with current gear. The problem I had was that there is such little space to move around on that fight and I found myself taking a lot of unnecessary damage because I had no choice to stand there and heal through it to keep the group alive, but in the end the damage stacks up way too much.
    We are going to try again today and I'll give it a test with the FW talents, however, personally I am not a fan of that playstyle, that is just my personal feeling. I know a lot of people out there like the FW gameplay and fair play to you, do what you enjoy. I don't mind being 'forced' (I hate using that term sorry) into FW for certain mythic+ runs, however I do hope that this doesn't become an issue in mythic raids. I appreciate that this probably won't be an issue in raids because one MW Monk adding dps towards a boss will be very minimal, however, the FW play style does have other benefits like mana regen and faster resets on TfT, and that is what I'm personally more concerned with.
    Last edited by mmocba4c35b496; 2016-09-22 at 10:03 AM.