Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    *Snip*
    Honestly, no. My guild hasn't had any problems with there being too much trash, and when we don't feel like killing them, we skip entire packs due to CC or skirting around them.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Deleted
    Legions dungeons are the best dungeons, since well the only good dungeon this game has ever had called blackrock depths.
    Still nowhere close as good, but better then all the other crap.

Only trash here is OP. People will whine about everything. Maybe you should play a private server of wow with vendors that just give you everything you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny. I've been complaining for years that they have taken too much trash out of the dungeons. Wrath's dungeons hardly had any. Some of Cata's were better, but MoP's sucked. I never did WoD's dungeons so I don't know. But there has been too much running around in empty space without killing things. If you're going to make a dungeon that doesn't have but maybe 10 mobs in the whole fucking thing, THEN FUCKING SHRINK IT. If you're going to artificially inflate the time I spend in dungeons by making me run down empty hallways, go fuck yourself. Shrink them, fill them with trash. GIVE ME A REASON TO RUN THEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Remember when folks clamored for a trash free encounter, and then wailed endlessly about how it was the worst thing ever when Blizz actually delivered it?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Trash shouldn't be hard at all, that's what bosses are there for.
    Or, maybe the bigger issue is that trash actually shouldn't be considered trash, and all of it should be threatening. If you want easier mobs to mow down, there's dozens of outdoor zones to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    AOE content is absolutely boring and unneeded, especially since there are classes that have barely any AOE CAPABILITY at all.
    These dungeons are completely dominated by AOE-heavy melee classes.
    Doing mythic+ with 3 melee dps is suffering, so ranged are pretty mandatory.

Disagree, we've done 2 full mythic clears of them all now, and they are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Remember when folks clamored for a trash free encounter, and then wailed endlessly about how it was the worst thing ever when Blizz actually delivered it?
    you mean Dragon Soul ? - this was one of my favourite raids exackly for this reason that you didnt waste time on usless trash

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Doing mythic+ with 3 melee dps is suffering, so ranged are pretty mandatory.
    your melee need to learn to interupt and stun and right moment - if they are too dumb to do it ofc you have to bring range to make it easier for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Or, maybe the bigger issue is that trash actually shouldn't be considered trash, and all of it should be threatening. If you want easier mobs to mow down, there's dozens of outdoor zones to choose from.
    if trash if on par with diffiuclty of bosses then it should reward the same as bosses do aka AP from each dangerous pack - problem solved.

I don't think there are THAT many trash. A bit on the high side? Yes. But 3-5 trash packs per boss definitely isn't excessive in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mean Dragon Soul ? - this was one of my favourite raids exackly for this reason that you didnt waste time on usless trash

- - - Updated - - -

your melee need to learn to interupt and stun and right moment - if they are too dumb to do it ofc you have to bring range to make it easier for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

if trash if on par with diffiuclty of bosses then it should reward the same as bosses do aka AP from each dangerous pack - problem solved.
    Dragon Soul had plenty of trash pre Ultraxion, including RP wait times and timed events.
    Melee stunning/interrupting doesn't help on the timed run of a mythic+ when you start considering the affixes of mobs doing pulsing damage, corpse explosions, etc. Yes, a full melee group can and will probably clear, but I wouldn't want to be the stressed out healer during.
    I don't believe his/her point is saying they should be as dangerous as the boss they lead up to, but rather people need to not consider them just something to mow down and put some thought into what they are facing. A lot of dungeons actually have more threatening trash packs than boss abilities. I'm not saying that, when a single pack, they do more damage or have more threatening abilities than the boss, but they still hot relatively hard and do have abilities that if over pulled.

I haven't done all the dungeons yet, nor stepped foot in heroic/mythic (which is a bit hard with an ilvl of 803 or whatever I have).

I've done Black Rook Hold, Halls of Valor, Darkheart Thicket, Eye of Azshara. Halls of Valor/Eye of Azshara were fine, BRH and Darkheart Thicket feel kind of long and the trash emphasises the feeling of are we there yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    halls of valor has a total of 1 pack of trash between 3 bosses
    maw of souls has 3 trash packs before first boss, 3 before second, and 3 before third...
    black rook has 2 before amalgam, 2 before ravencrest
    shall i go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's funny. I've been complaining for years that they have taken too much trash out of the dungeons. Wrath's dungeons hardly had any. Some of Cata's were better, but MoP's sucked. I never did WoD's dungeons so I don't know. But there has been too much running around in empty space without killing things. If you're going to make a dungeon that doesn't have but maybe 10 mobs in the whole fucking thing, THEN FUCKING SHRINK IT. If you're going to artificially inflate the time I spend in dungeons by making me run down empty hallways, go fuck yourself. Shrink them, fill them with trash. GIVE ME A REASON TO RUN THEM.
    To me, there are 2 reasons to run dungeons:

- Fun boss encounters
    - Getting loot

The rest is just there for scenery/atmosphere but is not mandatory to make a dungeon great.

To me, I would gladly have a Boss->Loot->Boss->Loot->Boss->Loot dungeon, like ToC BUT ONLY if the bosses are amazing, and take some effort. Too easy bosses sucks.

Only trash here is OP.
    Really? I want you to think of a few things:

1. Members of mmo champion are big fans of the game, me included, but does not really represent the majority of the players. From what I hear in-game, on WoW forums and from friends, most people agree with me. Call them lazy, call them casuals, call them "the news of WoW who just want loot" but they exist and their voice matter too.
    2. On contrast to point 1, it is not only casuals as you call them who prefer this. Some of the best raiders in the world, from top guilds, have asked for dungeons/raids without trash so that they can pull all focus on the bosses.
    3. Just look at LFR or PuG groups in raids. How often does people slack or AFK during trash? I would say, every raid there are lots of people who do. Tell me, do you really AFK through something you enjoy? No, because people don't like trash mobs.
    4. Most people say No but some say Yes in this thread. Yes as in they agree with me. I never imagined this topic getting this big but that means people are interested in the subject. And clearly, not everyone agrees with you, many are on my side too. Calling me trash is calling many, many others trash too.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2016-09-09 at 07:41 AM.

Some dungeons are on the heavy trash side but other than that they are pretty much the best yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    You can't interrupt and stun ranged only mechanics being put in melee range and AOEing 4 people, lol.

Legion has been out for a week and some people are already 850+ ilvl.

I planned to be that item level as well, to be ready for the raids. But to get above 830 you must do Mythic Dungeons and to even get 825-830 you might have to do some dungeons as well, combined with world quests.

The problem is that the dungeons are completly unplayable. They are the worst dungeons this game has ever seen. I know that is a strong statement but I find it to sadly be true.

Why are they bad? Boring bosses? Uninspiring themes? Low droprates for gear?

No. They are great in many ways BUT the problem is simple.

Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash. So much trash that it makes me despise every single one of them.

Entering a Legion dungeon reminds me of horrible moments in WoW's history. It reminds of Mount Hyjal trash, trash before Ultraxion in DS, trash before Shamans in Siege of Orgrimmar or all the endless trash of Throne of Thunder. All those raids made me want to quit becuase the trash was unbearable.

And now we see the same thing in the dungeons. Every INCH of each dungeon is covered with mobs. It looks like someone at Blizzard had a map of each dungeon and just said like "put some here... some here... maybe some here... hm, why not some here... looks good! oh wait, just to be safe, better put some here and here as well". By the time you reach a boss you never want the fight to end becuase you know more trash awaits after. They put trash where no trash is needed. Not a single area is trash free. I already know that Blizzard never heard of "less is more", just look on the continents Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles, which has insanely amount of mobs and basically no areas to get out of combat. BUT since previous dungeons have been so good, it makes no sense that they went so bananas now with the trash. I just want some areas where you can just enjoy the scenery. I miss Azjol Nerub so much, a perfectly balanced boss-to-trash dungeon.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against having trash in dungeons. But there is a limit between a reasonable amount and when it just get riddicilous. It's hard to put a number of how many % too much trash there is BUT if you remove HALF, it would STILL be WAY to much.

This expansion is great and a lot of people say like "yeah it's a lot of trash but so what" since they enjoy the expansion. But we should remember that these dungeons will remain the ENTIRE expansion and will remain a source of gear. We have to endure these till the next expansion.

The dungeons in Warlords were amazing, probably the best ever, so how could they screw up so much now? I'm fearing for the upcoming Karazhan dungeon. Already, every time I enter a dungeon, I need to clear my schedule for a long time and get ready with water and food IRL to last the never ending hordes of trash.

And NO, I'm not upset because I gear slowly. I'm upset that something that feels both mandatory (to gear, to get achivs etc) and something that SHOULD be fun (I have always liked dungeons) now is a complete nightmare.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?

so your just a sore loser? who can't do dungeons? well cry us a river.. the dungeons are amazing, fun and quite annoying sometimes.

The problem with dungeons is they're bland inside, sure, there's obvious design and intent but they feel much shallower compared to the outside world. The world looks better than ever, but the dungeons seem .. unfinished. I wasn't surprised by this on Beta but on live, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    halls of valor has a total of 1 pack of trash between 3 bosses
    maw of souls has 3 trash packs before first boss, 3 before second, and 3 before third...
    black rook has 2 before amalgam, 2 before ravencrest
    shall i go on?
    Don't get me even started on black rook trash. I refuse to heal that hellhole ever again. Archers shooting whoever, dogs jumping around keeping stacking bleed debuff, porting voidwalkers like on Xul. Try doing it with 3 melee....

The amount of trash is fine in my opinion. The difficulty of it, not so much. Most of the trash is more difficult than boss encounters in mythic dungeons. 1/10 would not heal again...

Deleted
    Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash.
    I felt so at first for Black Rook Hold, Darkheart Thicket and Neltharion's Lair, but after replaying Black Rook Hold again, I thought it was ok. And the other 5 dungeons I did were ok, too. So I don't think they are unbearable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    I'm not even going to play this garbage as fuck expansion-- but I strongly disagree with your points.
    (They ruined my class, so by proxy, garbage as fuck expansion (for me).)
    And what class would this be. All the classes have their strong/weak points

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just all log in and get free gear for doing nothing. Wooohooo