Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you even want a steady flow of content?

I know that not having enough content sucks, but isn't it better to just come back when an expansion launchs, play all that new content, and then take a break again for a few months?

Do you really want them to trickle down content like that, just so you stay subscribed?

Let's say they release Nighthold in January 2017, and release 7.1 with Karazhan and Trial of Valor (or what it was called, the additional 3 boss raid) somewhere in between Emerald Dream and Nighthold, so maybe December... you'll have a steady stream of content, but it will be little bit by little bit for half a year. Making you stay subscribed for 6 months. Is that really worth the money for the subscription?

I don't know, I kinda like that there was such a long content gap, because it allowed me to say, you know what, there is nothing to do for now, so let's take a break for a year.

That was money saved and time I could spent on something else. Instead of staying subbed for some small additional 3 boss raid or another 5 man, that I will be done with after a couple of hours anyway.

Let's face it, the amount of content they add in patches is minimal compared to the amount of content added with the launch of the expansion.

You know you can still unsubscribe if you don't want to play "some small additional 3 boss raid or another 5 man, that you will be done with after a couple of hours anyway"

It sounds like someone is forcing you to play...

Can you stop making ignorant posts?

This is an MMO; it lives on content patches.

Lol, I like it. Gonna take this one out on the Bnet forums and see what responses I can get.

Yes, I really do want content continually. Duh.

Yes, I like a steady flow of content, and I guess anyone who enjoys the game would appreciate a steady flow of content.

The only let down for me ATM is alt catch up.
    I really want to check out DH class but i cba grind up AP all over again. I wish AK would be account width for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having a steady flow of content makes me happy. Why? Because i have then something to look forward to nearly all the time. I consume the content in a starting high burst (Revered with Nightfallen atm) and then in a normal/slow consumtion, since i work and can only play 1 hour a day maybe outside of raiding. I hated the content draughts because i found myself having nothing to do in the few hours a week where i had time to myself. I was gonna be subscribed anyway, since i love raiding, but it is just nice to have something new to do very frequantly

So i really think we need it It makes being a subscriber much more fun and it makes me be active in the game.... So Win-Win
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackkernaut View Post
    The only let down for me ATM is alt catch up.
    I really want to check out DH class but i cba grind up AP all over again. I wish AK would be account width for example.
    Just level it to 110 now and start queueing AK. When you pick it up a couple of months later, it will be pretty easy

i havent payed for subscription in years so it's not exactly an issue for me :P

plus wow is an mmo it's not ment to be a "play for a couple weeks every few months" type of game, you have diablo for that

I'm OK with slow periods because if I play a game regularly over a lengthy period of time, it just gets stale. It's totally natural. You just get bored of the mechanics, not matter the content. That's what so many WoW players don't get. They don't even understand why they're so twitchy and butthurt all the time. Well how about doing something else for a while.

I'd rather be "fresh" and take on new content with rejuvenated interest instead of just numbly plowing through it just because it's new, despite actually being oversaturated with WoW. Like so many people do without even realizing.

Deleted
    Fantastic plan, the way to make WoW great again is to have no content for a year at a time, over and over again, I can't believe I didn't see it before, Sylvani you're a god damn genius!

Guild Wars 2 did this best in my opinion. For what gripes you may have about the game it launched with an absolute metric ton of content and it only got bigger and bigger as time went on. I sincerely believe that both dynamic events and free-form open world content like WvWvW is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    That was money saved and time I could spent on something else. Instead of staying subbed for some small additional 3 boss raid or another 5 man, that I will be done with after a couple of hours anyway.

Let's face it, the amount of content they add in patches is minimal compared to the amount of content added with the launch of the expansion.

If you are asking from the perspective of how to save the most money, the correct answer would be to start playing around Feb\March. It makes no sense to play on launch since you already know that content is going to be streaming out every couple of months. Wait til 7.1 is released and see if they have annoucements for 7.2 and based on when you plan to play based on that.

From the perspective that you want to have something to do year round, then a constant flow of content is nice.

You're a grown up, you should know for yourself what value the content is and whether it's worth your $15. You don't need other people to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemona1d View Post
    Guild Wars 2 did this best in my opinion. For what gripes you may have about the game it launched with an absolute metric ton of content and it only got bigger and bigger as time went on. I sincerely believe that both dynamic events and free-form open world content like WvWvW is the way to go.
    They did updates in super super super small bites that most people here would go through pretty fast.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They did updates in super super super small bites that most people here would go through pretty fast.
    The Silverwastes and Dry Top say hi.

Also, you consider Living World stories to be "super super super small bites" of content? Those things lasted for literal months.

Deleted
    How is this even a question, yes. I want a steady stream of content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    make WoW great again
    I think WoW is still great, Donald.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no... I don't support that attitude. I know almost for fact, we are stuck with a drought, we've lately always had a period of nothing. I rather have content spaced out, then having the playerbase latching on for survival through a massive year gap.

But for you, OP, you COULD always take a break on your own accord.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I want a steady flow of content; some new things to do, some character progression and to hopefully see a richer story progress rather than stay stuck in one place for six-to-eight months. By all means, if a steady flow of stuff isn't to your liking, take a break and when you come back you will have a couple of patches to work through.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."