Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I am a Shadow Priest myself. I am 849 Item Level equipped no legendary yet. I pull great Boss dmg and on Packs of 3-4 I can top the meters if they have a lot of health. We build Crit and Haste I have achieved about 28-29% in both stats and came to the realization that I can just swap to Disc do 100-150k dps on everything as a disc priest pull 200k+on bosses. Which allows me to get another dps in the group that will sustain more on trash and do the same dps on bosses and we get shit done faster. Its pretty sad. I absolutely love shadow Priest, but the moment we are on a boss and I lose voidform because of mechanics we lose TOOO MUCH DPS.

Both of the below images are with a very sub par group. If the group was geared besides my brother and I (Driatin Tank + Me Disc Healer) it would been faster and Disc Burst is even High then that of shadow its so sad.

Single Target Burn with Heroism
    imgur(dot)com/FWeLXZA

Some Mechanics involved bust still
    imgur(dot)com/aldHAdc

Cannot Post Images.

Whobetter#1756
    Last edited by Jonxx; 2016-09-12 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Guys , do you ever refresh a dot during voidform?(vs multiple targets ofc) i find it hard to keep them all refreshed with void bolt alone on all targets
    I can manage three just about. If they are grouped close, then it adds to the difficult. Four and it drops. I have only just started doing dungeons. So far on boss I can keep up. Some bosses I topped while others I am behind, not too much. I have no idea how much DPS I should be rated at.

I wonder what would happen if Mind Sear damage was reduced but maintain the SW:P. Would that help Mind Sear?

It feels like Blizzard is having trouble making AoE work with the Shadow Priest. SW:P is one of the signature spells and forms part of its rotation. But More Dots More Dots is not always easy. Tabbing does not help because I find it unreliable and may even target a nearby pack.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Mind Sear damage was reduced but maintain the SW:P. Would that help Mind Sear?
    Why would you want to reduce Mind Sear damage? It's already incredibly weak, with Holy Nova hitting 5 times harder. It even has a talent to boost its damage by 50% and it's still worthless.

Kicking someone from a group means "that specialization or class is shit" now? Damn, then by that logic EVERY class is shit!

I HATE BEING IN SHADOWFORM ALLTHETIME and i cant see my transmog.......
    Guardian, Feral, and Balance Druids all say "HELLO!"

It wont be until higher tiers of mythic+ rolls around that it will become incredibly obvious that not only are casters tuned horribly for anything that isnt boss-like, but spriests (and perhaps warlocks will be in the worst position.
    The state of shadow priests is quite pathetic.
    Talent build is nearly static.
    Scaling is out of control (which is a bad thing)
    Our biggest strength is tunneling bosses to cheese execute range, while that will be strong in some situations (some guilds are preparing for this) and will inevitably break many fights and lead to hastly received nerfs (which are always terrible).
    Other specs (cough, fire mage, cough) keep up with single target anyway, but they also provide cleave, burst, mobility and just as much utility as spriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Outlaw is RNG though, unfortunately.
    I'm getting around 260k on ST bosses, more with adds/cleave due to Mindspike. I'm at 844 ilvl, 24% haste/crit, 31% mastery, 1% Vers. Ilvl doesn't really matter to much as secondary stats are much more important.

On trash packs I'm getting anywhere from 150-300k depending on type, length of combat, and number.

We're doing mythics this week as a guild, so I can log stuff and link it if you want.
    Even with conservative projections, outlaw trashes spriest on both single target and aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    It wont be until higher tiers of mythic+ rolls around that it will become incredibly obvious that not only are casters tuned horribly for anything that isnt boss-like, but spriests (and perhaps warlocks will be in the worst position.
    The state of shadow priests is quite pathetic.
    Talent build is nearly static.
    Scaling is out of control (which is a bad thing)
    Our biggest strength is tunneling bosses to cheese execute range, while that will be strong in some situations (some guilds are preparing for this) and will inevitably break many fights and lead to hastly received nerfs (which are always terrible).
    Other specs (cough, fire mage, cough) keep up with single target anyway, but they also provide cleave, burst, mobility and just as much utility as spriests.
    Actually, talents aren't quite that static, with StM yes, but hoenstly the other talents are perfectly viable on at least half the tiers.
    Even with conservative projections, outlaw trashes spriest on both single target and aoe.
    Well they were the combat spec which has excelled at AoE for awhile, although thrashing us on ST? I've seen a few logs where that's the case, but that's mainly due to gear/rotation.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-13 at 02:40 PM.

Actually, talents are quite that static, with StM yes, but hoenstly the other talents are perfectly viable on at least half the tiers.

Well they were the combat spec which has excelled at AoE for awhile, although thrashing us on ST? I've seen a few logs where that's the case, but that's mainly due to gear/rotation.
    On single target i was thinking current Mythics where cooldowns are much more powerful and outlaw rogues keep alacrity up from trash pulls (some haste buff they have from finishers).

But im sure most of this will carry over for Mythic+ though it may (depending on spriest gear choices and utility) be more favourable for us.

Ah well we kind of do the same with lingering insanity, if the tank pulls the boss in time.

At least that particular thing won't be an issue in raids when you wipe on the boss.

What kind of haste do you have on your gear? I'm sitting at 14% at ilevel 828 and it just feels SO SLOW. I'm popping in and out of VF regularly, which I know helps that but still. I'm not taking STM yet in dungeons b/c to me it just isn't worth the hassle and there are so many with knocks, stuns, and intterupts. I'm curious do you have a stop casting button for STM or just escape? I'm so used to strafing out of cast that I have been caught in a VT or MF on like fenryr or other bosses, but I know that's just my failing, just not used to the whole casting on the move thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofogo View Post
    What kind of haste do you have on your gear? I'm sitting at 14% at ilevel 828 and it just feels SO SLOW. I'm popping in and out of VF regularly, which I know helps that but still. I'm not taking STM yet in dungeons b/c to me it just isn't worth the hassle and there are so many with knocks, stuns, and intterupts. I'm curious do you have a stop casting button for STM or just escape? I'm so used to strafing out of cast that I have been caught in a VT or MF on like fenryr or other bosses, but I know that's just my failing, just not used to the whole casting on the move thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/1R0a84t.png

In most content i run ToF, B&S, Mind Bomb, Void Lord, AS, PI, MS.

You need more haste, that's basically it.

Dang...I'm sitting at 24% Crit, 14% Haste, 40% Mastery, 8% Versatility. Can't get anything to drop or WQ which doesn't have effing versatility.

Mythic dungeons and crafted gear are you best bet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crafted gear, especially with the ole double haste proc. Hahahaha.

Actually, talents are quite that static, with StM yes, but hoenstly the other talents are perfectly viable on at least half the tiers.

Outlaw Rogue completely shits on all casters for single target DPS. A good well geared outlaw rogue (proper relics, 845+ average) will consistently do 300-400k single target DPS for current boss fights depending on fight length, RNG and bloodlust.

Having said that, way too many outlaw rogues out there completely mess up their dungeon DPS even though it's not exactly complicated. They reroll way too much, use wrong talents (no ghostly strike), use ilevel relics over ones with proper traits and use their artifact ability with too low energy. Edit: Forgot to add that most rogues out there are not competent enough to keep alacrity up during dungeons. If you make sure to keep combo points after fights with long phases of no combat, you can extend the duration once out of combat so you'll typically be able to start each boss with 20 stacks.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-13 at 05:30 AM.

Well I mean, if I get bloodlust I can pull 300k as well, it happens. If I had proper relics, I'm sure I could do a bit more, but unfortunately ilvl > trait and I unfortunately have some bad traits but that's RNG.

I'm sure the same can be said for many shadow priests out there as well, see the first post.

http://i.imgur.com/1R0a84t.png

In most content i run ToF, B&S, Mind Bomb, Void Lord, AS, PI, MS.

You need more haste, that's basically it.
    Do you use mind sear or just ms+mb? why did you choose ms? is it much better for dps?

Btw i ran a heroic where the shadow priest toped the meters even on trash , he had like 240k+ dps due to the fel meteor trinket , fel meteor was like 3rd or 4th spell on his damage.

Do you use mind sear or just ms+mb? why did you choose ms? is it much better for dps?
    This'll sound weird but I rarely use Mind Sear. For trash packs I SW: P everything then VT everything. Once I get down to <4 targets i'll cast MB on CD and fill with sear. Once I hit Voidform i'll maintain my dots with VB and recast them as necessary. I've gotten around 400k DPS with that strategy. Mind Spike is currently simming ahead for me on ST which most bosses are. I've noticed it helps my out of voidform DPS a bit and my rough rotation in VF is VB -> MB - > MS x2 -> VB -> MB -> MS - > VB - > MS -> MB -> MS - >VB -> MS x2 -> VB -> MB repeat.

This'll sound weird but I rarely use Mind Sear. For trash packs I SW: P everything then VT everything. Once I get down to <4 targets i'll cast MB on CD and fill with sear. Once I hit Voidform i'll maintain my dots with VB and recast them as necessary. I've gotten around 400k DPS with that strategy. Mind Spike is currently simming ahead for me on ST which most bosses are. I've noticed it helps my out of voidform DPS a bit and my rough rotation in VF is VB -> MB - > MS x2 -> VB -> MB -> MS - > VB - > MS -> MB -> MS - >VB -> MS x2 -> VB -> MB repeat.
    Interesting , so you never cast mind blast or sear with 4+mobs? just casting dots , void bolt and refreshing? i guess SW: D too , i like this strategy , i read that the recommended rotation is to use only SW: P with 4+ adds and sear but i will try your strategy.

Well I mean, if I get bloodlust I can pull 300k as well, it happens. If I had proper relics, I'm sure I could do a bit more, but unfortunately ilvl > trait and I unfortunately have some bad traits but that's RNG.

I'm sure the same can be said for many shadow priests out there as well, see the first post.
    The 300k figure is without bloodlust. I've even seen >500k with bloodlust but that was due to a lucky RtB proc.

Even monks (which are average single target compared to other melees and completely destroy trash) can handily do 300k with bloodlust on dungeon bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting , so you never cast mind blast or sear with 4+mobs? just casting dots , void bolt and refreshing? i guess SW: D too , i like this strategy , i read that the recommended rotation is to use only SW: P with 4+ adds and sear but i will try your strategy.
    Mind sear merely replaces mind flay as a filler. As long as there are enemies up that will last through most of a DoT, it's pretty much always better to apply your DoTs. Having said that, for current dungeons you're pretty much relying on not having two strong AoE classes in the group or you'll have a hard time getting much use out of your DoTs for "AoE".
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-14 at 10:51 AM.

Seriously , they kicked me saying that i was afk even though i made the most effort out of them all , i multidot again and again, i guess my dps was too low , it was below of tank's one but i tried my best... i mean wtf should i do anyway? open voidform and all my cds on trash packs? did they suddenly become important? i kept my cds and void for bosses , is that wrong?

I hate the whole voidform mechanic , ITS SHIT , your dps sucks out of it , questing and grinding sucks because of it since they have to balance your base form because you have voidform too... , I HATE MULTIDOTING , the whole playstyle of priest is not neccesarily hard but is fucking boring , I HATE BEING IN SHADOWFORM ALLTHETIME and i cant see my transmog.......
    Im sorry to hear that mate. I have a guy in my guild whos also not pleased with this spec, and hes constantly complaining about how weak it is.
    People are morons in general.
    You dont kick a class spec just because it cant compete in AoE with Hunters or Demon Hunter for an example.
    Its about a team effort, boss dmg etc...
    Im sorry for your poor experience with these kind of people. Sadly there are too many in this community with a brain of a nut.