Thread: Hunter Healing

10+ Year Old Account

Hunter Healing

Hunter healing needs a nerf. 15 Sec 2v2 arena skirmish, the hunter healed 1.6mil hp between a spell and his fucking turtle's spell. Legit got him to half health then he not only HEALED THROUGH the dps of my warrior and my partner's rogue; he actually stayed at max hp and wasn't losing health... Legit his hp was going up while we damaged him.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What spec was he? BM?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think so

Deleted
    the heal from turtle shield is from an artifact trait right? anyway with turtle shield up the hunter cannot attack right? or does the heal last longer than the shield?

ive only really played survival hunter, so my only heal is exhilaration which has a lengthy CD, i might be wrong about how BM hunter works, i never play that spec
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-09-07 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    he had 2 healing effects on him at the same time. im not sure if he was casting spells but his pet was for sure still attacking for some big numbers reguardless

10+ Year Old Account
    He probly had a spirit beast which gives him Spirit mend +the artifact mimiron's sheel & the ability Exhilaration

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    he had 2 healing effects on him at the same time. im not sure if he was casting spells but his pet was for sure still attacking for some big numbers reguardless
    i'd be interested to know what they are tbh, looking at my hunter in BM spec the only heals i can see are exhileration which is an instant 30% heal on a 2min CD and an artifact trait called mimirons shell which heals you for 30% of you health over the duration of turtle shell, which is a 3min CD. i might be missing something, as i said i dont ever play BM hunter, i just did the quest for the artifact, never played it.turtle shield lasts 8seconds in which the hunter cannot attack, but the pets still can, which as BM will do a big chunk of damage, however kill command cannot be used.

at a glance it doesn't seem like theres anything OP with it, 2 30% heals on long CDs

edit: as the post above said, i forgot about spirit mend from spirit beast, though the healing of that seems pretty insignificant

"heals the target for 33k plus an additional 22k over 10seconds" according to my spirit beast, so a 55k heal when i have 1.3m health doesn't seem like much at all
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-09-07 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    "heals the target for 33k plus an additional 22k over 10seconds" according to my spirit beast, so a 55k heal when i have 1.3m health doesn't seem like much at all
    Remember spirit mend scale with ranged attack power. So when the hunter pop's all CD + trinket procc, it will heal for a lot more. There might be a healing spell i'm missing (i'm only 106 right now). I'm also curious to how much HP a lvl 110 in pvp gear have?
    Lets say he have 2 mil hp, then Exhilaration + mimiron's sheel will heal him for 1.2 mil HP alone.
    Last edited by eixx; 2016-09-07 at 02:08 PM.

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Don't forget the Artifact trait "Spirit Bond" that heals them for 15% of the damage of Kill Command, as well.

The heal from kill command is a joke - getting 10k-15k every 6.7 seconds doesn't do much. After the two big heals from AOTT and Ex the hunter is dead. A rogue should never die to a hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    The heal from kill command is a joke - getting 10k-15k every 6.7 seconds doesn't do much. After the two big heals from AOTT and Ex the hunter is dead. A rogue should never die to a hunter.
    They didn't survive long enough to enter that phase... lol. In a 15 sec match two big heals might look like a lot, but in the long run the hunter healing is just bad... so yeah, I agree with what you said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    thats what i was thinking, AOTT and exhil are only 30% heals that are on a long CD, so 60% of total health that you will probably only be able to use once in most arena matches, and the spirit beast heal which probably heals about 6% health in total. (my hunter has 1.3m health and spirit mend heals 85k over 10 seconds) so that heal is basically nothing, i didn't account for the kill command heal, but if its anything like survival hunters raptor strike heal, its also basically nothing.

you could make an argument for hunters having too much damage, but they certainly do not have good healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eixx View Post
    Remember spirit mend scale with ranged attack power. So when the hunter pop's all CD + trinket procc, it will heal for a lot more. There might be a healing spell i'm missing (i'm only 106 right now). I'm also curious to how much HP a lvl 110 in pvp gear have?
    Lets say he have 2 mil hp, then Exhilaration + mimiron's sheel will heal him for 1.2 mil HP alone.
    im not sure about the scaling with it, but on my hunter its around 85k healing, i doubt it scales that much higher, though would like to hear from hunters in better gear than me.

yeah 1.2m sounds like a big heal, but turtle shield has 3min CD and exhil has 2m CD, most arena matches would only last long enough to use them once, so in a short game like the OPs it would seem like the healing is OP, but in a game that lasts more than 1minute the hunter healing won't look so good
    And the turtlle shield one you cannot attack or use any spells while that heal is active so its not like you can burst someone down while you just stand there and outheal them.

im guessing the best way to kill a hunter really is to force turtle shield and then nuke, turtle shield is basically the only defensive there is, so once its on CD the hunter is very vulnerable

Pretty sure the healing done also counts the healing to the pet, so they did not "self" heal all that. Exhilaration heals the pet 100% and if they throw a mend pet in there, there is a bit more of a skew.

At no point have I felt saved by hunter self healing, more of a convenience in PvE.

Doesn't healing also consider damage absorbed and prevented now? If so, the 30% reduction on dots from AOTT will up the healing quite a bit. If it also includes damage stopped by AOTT that is even more healing. I know on my DK the 90% transfered to pet for unholy counted as healing in the BG I did.

Deleted
    Also the artifact trait can be improved. With all relics on that ability you heal for 60% health. Combiend with Exhilaration and Spirit Mend it is basically a full heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    Also the artifact trait can be improved. With all relics on that ability you heal for 60% health. Combiend with Exhilaration and Spirit Mend it is basically a full heal.
    Bonus traits from relics don't work in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thats what i was thinking, AOTT and exhil are only 30% heals that are on a long CD, so 60% of total health that you will probably only be able to use once in most arena matches, and the spirit beast heal which probably heals about 6% health in total. (my hunter has 1.3m health and spirit mend heals 85k over 10 seconds) so that heal is basically nothing, i didn't account for the kill command heal, but if its anything like survival hunters raptor strike heal, its also basically nothing.

you could make an argument for hunters having too much damage, but they certainly do not have good healing.

- - - Updated - - -
    I'm not sure if this has been said as I haven't read the entire thread but the AOTT heal is a separate buff than the damage reduction. So you can cancel the part that makes it so you can't attack, and leave the heal up. It's pretty cool!