Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It appeared in that post you were trying to justify the stupidity of this issue, now you are saying that is not the case?
    There is a difference between justifying the action and saying you understand why people would want this.

Just requires you to not have such a black and white view of things. (lulz)

There's nothing stopping people of other genders from visiting each other or doing whatever they'd otherwise want. But I will admit that this seems like something that is counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I get what he is trying to say. I think it is absurd but he isn't arguing what you think he is arguing.

He is making a case that people choosing to separate themselves is different then being forced to separate.

I assume he believes in white only gated neighborhoods in the same way. So long as it is by their choice its fine.
    Actually,he is effectivelyargued what I think he is arguing because he wants them to be treated differently.

If he finds nothing wrong with white students voluntarily keeping away from non-whites, I'll take it back.

This is not really segregation as in pre-CR America. Thread title and OP are sensationalist and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There is a difference between justifying the action and saying you understand why people would want this.

Just requires you to not have such a black and white view of things. (lulz)
    Calling out stupidity should be something you are ok with doing on both sides of the fence....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is not really segregation as in pre-CR America. Thread title and OP are sensationalist and misleading.
    Fencers, do you argue the same thing with nazi and kkk comparisons with Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Fencers, do you argue the same thing with nazi and kkk comparisons with Trump?
    I have not see any such, but if it were written in the poor manner as this thread- of course. Poor reportage, sensationalism and emotionalism is unworthy of consideration.

Deleted
    I am somewhat sure that segregation wasn't voluntary, so the comparison is not that good.

I have not see any such, but if it were written in the poor manner as this thread- of course. Poor reportage, sensationalism and emotionalism is unworthy of consideration.
    So you haven't seen any Donald Trump threads on this forum before? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Some how, some way, this is all the alt-rights fault. I'm still working out how we can blame them.
    Not everyone is thinking in templates: "alt-right", "regressive left" and other such nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It is a odd issue. It is clearly racist however it falls under the category of the progressive stack so people feel compelled to defend it.

If you change the color of the people to question to white I could see it causes a massive shitstorm.

I am not against segregation so long as they are willing to accept white only areas as well. That said I am rather amused watching certain posters here try to reconcile their beliefs with this.

Wait , so they gave them the segregated housing, but did they give them the 30 million in scholarships, the Anti discrimination police and force everyone to attend cultural competency courses ?

And LA has a rather large Hispanic population. Are they allowed to enter the waiting list for the "no whites" dorm?

10+ Year Old Account
    @anyone defending this. *cough*YouKnowWhoYouAre*Cough*

Make it "White Only". Tell me, honestly, that this wouldn't be every-fucking-where in the media, causing a massive shitstorm. You hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And?

It seems like a lot of you ignore the power dynamics in play. Swapping the ethnic group in question does not leave the issue the same, because the power dynamics between the two are not the same to begin with.
    No, Endus, that doesn't matter. Stop being obtuse just so you can support racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Make it "White Only". Tell me, honestly, that this wouldn't be every-fucking-where in the media, causing a massive shitstorm. You hypocrites.
    Nobody would care. Just as nobody really cares about this story. Good material to cause typical drama on MMO Champ though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Nope. All the people who say voluntarily keeping yourself in an area where only people with your skin color is okay will approve of it in every scenario.

Or they're all hypocrites who can't fully commit to segregation.

It is a odd issue. It is clearly racist however it falls under the category of the progressive stack so people feel compelled to defend it.

If you change the color of the people to question to white I could see it causes a massive shitstorm.

I am not against segregation so long as they are willing to accept white only areas as well. That said I am rather amused watching certain posters here try to reconcile their beliefs with this.
    The whole issue is dumb lol, pretty much from every angle you can analyze it. College kids are some of the most privileged people out there, literally getting advantages that not everyone else is able to afford or obtain, feeling sorry for themselves. Then there's the whole "fighting racism by using segregation" thing.

I think the left should just come out and admit they are fearful of black people lol. This is literally the dumbest thing I've heard yet you will see almost none of them criticizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Nobody would care. Just as nobody really cares about this story. Good material to cause typical drama on MMO Champ though.
    You really think no one would care if white only areas popped up lol.

Defense is unnecessary. It is voluntary. The comparison to segregation 'of the 50z!' is simply sensationalism as it is a false comparison. Further using that sensationalism to denigrate 'the progressive left!' is propaganda.

Regardless of the housing being a sound or unsound, the manner in which the argument here is presented invalidates any consideration through misrepresentation, sensationalism and poor reportage.

Deleted
    You really think no one would care if white only areas popped up lol.
    You mean rich gated neighborhoods?

Sorry couldn't help myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Nobody would care.
    Fucking bullshit. I'm sorry, but there's no way anyone would believe that. The media still reports everything David Duke says, even though he hasn't really been relevant for decades now.

Shit, someone put a noose in a tree on a campus and it made the rounds of every major media outlet. No messages, nothing, just a noose.

I dare you to put up a "White Only" sign on any dorm. If you think nothing will happen, that is.