Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares...?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Minority should bend to majority? Isn't thus how slavery was justified? Our laws are specifically made to address this issue.
    So the overwhelming majority should bend to the minuscule minority?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Tyranny of the majority is something no one should want.

The question is what harm is the majority receiving to allow a minority XYZ.

Gay marriage is an excellent example. The majority didn't suffer one bit (in any sort of reality vs self-inflected woe is me nonsense) by allowing gays the same legal rights as straights.

So yes, in many cases the overwhelming majority should bend to the minuscule minority so that those people are treated equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Uhm, it had EVERYTHING to do with it being a gender neutral bathroom, as if it wasn't one then there wouldn't have been a clogged bloody toilet with a tampon. I mean, the whole basis of the guy's comment was if it had been a men's room then there wouldn't have been a bloody toilet for the little boy to see because the woman who did this would have used the woman's restroom. I understand you wanting to stick up for your social causes, but you should at least read what someone is saying first
    I read it; I just didn't see how blood and tampons versus shit and paper was a significant difference. The substance is a symptom; the inconsiderate use of public facilities was the actual problem.

Oh noes, some kid saw blood in a toilet. So terror. Countless girls who aren't told what to expect have a similar experience. We can dicker all you like about whether it's scarier when it's someone else's blood or when your body starts hemorrhaging from your pee hole, but it's still incidental.

It's not a gender issue; it's a consideration issue.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you being made to bend? Are you being made to use the tampons?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Tyranny of the majority is something no one should want.

The question is what harm is the majority receiving to allow a minority XYZ.

Gay marriage is an excellent example. The majority didn't suffer one bit (in any sort of reality vs self-inflected woe is me nonsense) by allowing gays the same legal rights as straights.

So yes, in many cases the overwhelming majority should bend to the minuscule minority so that those people are treated equally.
    This example of changing rules for probably 1 or 2 people out of thousands. Why should thousands have to pay for just a couple to go out of their their way?

We might as well not allow any nut products in the college either since someone might have a nut allergy.
    What if one person has some exotic allergies to antiperspirants? And no one in the college can wear antiperspirants or frangrances. What then?
    So you are saying the 99.95 should bend to the .05? Quite the kek. And you rally against tyranny... LMAO!!
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2016-09-09 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This example of changing rules for probably 1 or 2 people out of thousands. Why should thousands have to pay for just a couple to go out of their their way?

We might as well not allow any nut products in the college either since someone might have a nut allergy.
    What if one person has some exotic allergies to antiperspirants? And no one in the college can wear antiperspirants or frangrances. What then?
    So you are saying the 99.95 should bend to the .05? Quite the kek. And you rally against tyranny... LMAO!!
    If you are going to respond to me the least you can do is actually read what I posted. You obviously didn't given your reply.

Minority should bend to majority? Isn't thus how slavery was justified? Our laws are specifically made to address this issue.
    No, that wasn't how people tried to justify slavery. It wasn't "oh look there are more of than than lets make them slaves" if that was the case there wouldn't have been black slave owners.

No...it should work as it already does in most countries lol. Including this one.

Again, how are you being made to bend? What are you giving up? How is the presence of a couple of tampons in the mens' room affecting you? Are you such a delicate flower that you can't share space with a little dispenser full of hygiene products? For that one person in thousands who needs the thing it's a blessing; for you it's . . . nothing. It's a harmless object in your line of sight.

It's nothing like banning peanuts on a college campus, because it doesn't have any effect on you unless you're offended by the sight of unused tampons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can a tampon be used as a flail if soaked in toilet water?

Sounds like they are having great fun at brown university.

Nice to see student's enrollment fees being used productively.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-09-09 at 08:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is a brown university after all.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    •The initiative is intended to communicate the message that "pads and tampons are a necessity, not a luxury," and that not all people who menstruate are women.
    I can't even.. What?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pads and tampons are most certainly not a necessity. Otherwise humankind would've gone extinct hundreds of thousands of years ago.

First world problems I guess.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Wheelchair-bound cripples are a a very small minority which we cater to. I think it's more a question of what people are willing to support.
    A cripple who literally can't help it and whose daily life will be severely hampered without the infrastructure which supports them? Yes, many people will support that.
    Someone who internally self-identifies differently needing particular hygiene products, products which many people think should be responsibly carried by the affected individuals under normal circumstances in the first place? Many people will not want to support that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Pads and tampons are most certainly not a necessity. Otherwise humankind would've gone extinct hundreds of thousands of years ago.

well, we need something to soak up the blood, unless you want us bleeding everywhere. If its not tampons, its pads. Or extra underwear, or toilet paper. Or from what my great grandmother tells me of the pre tampon age, old rags.

10+ Year Old Account

There is an argument out there (whether you agree with it or not) that feminine hygiene products are medically necessary for sanitation and to prevent infection and the like and thus should be treated like any other medical need rather than a consumer good that isn't covered by insurance.

I lack the right body parts and the desire to know the details but maybe someone can go into more detail if anyone cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well, we need something to soak up the blood, unless you want us bleeding everywhere. If its not tampons, its pads. Or extra underwear, or toilet paper. Or from what my great grandmother tells me of the pre tampon age, old rags.
    Yeah, see how many options? And not every woman bleeds so much. 10% of women suffer from extra bleeding, at most. And they should know about it and carry extras themselves, normally, as any sane person of female persuasion would and they should have dispensers in female toilets for emergencies as they have already.

Not because it's a necessity, but out of good will and understanding. It is a luxury.

And if a person menstruates - they should go to a female toilet, or finish transitioning already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, see how many options? And not every woman bleeds so much. 10% of women suffer from extra bleeding, at most. And they should know about it and carry extras themselves, normally, as any sane person of female persuasion would and they should have dispensers in female toilets for emergencies as they have already.

And if a person menstruates - they should go to a female toilet, or finish transitioning already.
    yeah, but considering its kinda necessary for sanitation reasons, means it really should be regarded as a necessity. Do you really wanna sit where I sat if I bled on the chair cause i didnt have anything to stop it?

and from experience, toilet paper doesnt really last long even for light periods. SImply too thin and not absorbent enough.

Necessary doesnt even mean free. just means dont be taxed extra.

yeah, but considering its kinda necessary for sanitation reasons, means it really should be regarded as a necessity. Do you really wanna sit where I sat if I bled on the chair cause i didnt have anything to stop it?

and from experience, toilet paper doesnt really last long even for light periods. SImply too thin and not absorbent enough.

Do women generally use the tampons they can get from bathrooms? I didn't even know they them in there to begin with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, please, that chair is less sanitary than your periods even without your periods. Human asses being in it.
    And it's kinda your fault if you didn't have anything to stop it if it's that sever that you bleed thru clothes in one go. It should be no more than 50ml in the whole periods period. period. So if you are of the unlucky ones - well, be prepared, it's on you. But society already helps you, anyway.
    Sure it doesn't that's why tampons and pads were invented and we put dispensers in female toilets.

Necessary means required. Although tampons and pads might be considered a necessity for women who bleed heavily or even all women whatever - but only as a product by a proxy of function - tampons in general and especially dispensers in every toilet are not a necessity - that's luxury.