Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Is flying really that important to you? I don't get it. It so obviously trivializes all ground-based content in the game. This expansion's zones are literally built around exploring on foot, finding treasures and rare encounters just off the beaten path, beneath bridges, on ledges you can only reach by jumping or climbing around, etc.

I can't imagine playing through some of these zones, especially Val'sharah, for example, on a flying mount. It would completely ruin the majesty of the zone, and all of the explorable things they put in there at ground-level for you to find.

WoW isn't a game about flying, by any stretch of the imagination. I get that it's convenient, but I can't understand why someone would quit over its exclusion.
    If this conversation was still occurring during WoD I would vehemently disagree with you on this. HOWEVER, in Legion I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't even think it's sunk in completely just how majestic the questing zones feel. So while I will definitely want my flight back sooner than later, I'm perfectly fine not having it right now. The Flight Master's Whistle is probably the most redeeming part for that though. The Barding's for no dazed while mounted or increased mount speed help too, & I wish the grapple hook was usable in more zones than just Stormheim b/c that thing is fun. It really didn't take much for them to make no-flight enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Is flying really that important to you?
    for me it is - lack of flying is artificial stupdi time sink - at 845 itlv im already runinging around liek crazy pulling whatever i can and aoe it down in 4 seconds - im spending 90 % of time traveling from point A to B and 10 % actually doin stuff.

lame lackluster design catering only to unemploeyd people who have whole day to run around and do nothign productive in game

Reading the hater comments is always so entertaining!

Nice little read while I take a break from Legion.

Deleted
    "Yes, Ignite intentionally spreads very aggressively. Playing with fire can be dangerous!" LOL DEVS can't play fire... because then they can't say this bull*** Ignite for 5 - 10 000dmg in pvp is really dangerous ... Clowns from Blizzard... Ignite is danger only for mages... where is melee nerf?
    Last edited by mmoc4dfe59358a; 2016-09-09 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WishLimit View Post
    I often wonder why people who hate the game so much spend so much time reading about it.
    I quit for three years and the only time I posted anything about WoW in that time was to discuss things they announced about WoD and how it didn't make feel like resubbing (no flying, very few 5-mans, no dailies). Once WoD was actually out, I didn't resub and therefore had no opinions about its quality (how could I?). Legion seemed appealing to me, and the movie hype made me come back.

After experiencing WoD for two months, I think I made the right call skipping it, but I just can't imagine sticking around and spewing hate, especially about something I haven't played but others have. I was having fun playing other games, instead.

So as someone who quit because the game was going in a direction I didn't like, I find all my complaints have been fixed - account-wide flying will arrive mid-expansion, and they've made getting around the Broken Isles so convenient that I don't miss it at all (5 min cooldown port to nearest flight master!). There is a ton of 5-man content and they want it to stay relevant. World Quests are like dailies (in that you actually do varied PvE activities instead of endless mob grinding) but less of a structured routine. And there's things I didn't know I wanted, like the extreme emphasis on class identity. Every time my warrior crashes down from Valhalla (we all know that's what Skyhold is) like a meteor, I get a big dumb grin on my face. Suramar downright feels like a story-driven RPG. And all the reward systems are tuned perfectly, so that I feel like I'm progressing no matter what activity I choose to do.

The game hasn't felt this fun and alive to me since the first half of Wrath, still my favorite time in WoW (I started mid-BC). For the people still hating on it, I don't understand what they could want at this point. Nostalrius? A time machine?
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

So the 3.3m purchases match the worst two expansion launches; Cat and WoD. What does that say ?

Personally I feel Legion is light years better than WoD, and Cat blew too. I find this new expansion to be one of the best ever.

The big question is, let's see the number 6 months from now ? That will be most telling, and how healthy the player base sub is
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2016-09-09 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    And since I care about it a lot more than you, you never will. And I don't care about the convenience, flying IS my immersion in the world. It's been that way for me since level 70. Going anywhere, doing anything, seeing the world from any angle you so choose, finding areas you know other people would just ignore but you find absolutely fascinating...that's what Blizzard removed from me for no other reason than "cuz we say it ruins immersion". Well, I didn't ask them for their stupid opinion on the subject. They could have even rolled flying back to 60% speed for all I care. But remove it outright? For four patches?

Nope. Sorry. Enjoying the game in the way I choose is far more important to me than their idea of how I should be forced to play. Make sense now?

Of course not. You're one of "those" people.
    Agreed 100%.

Legion zone design, is a rat maze, small and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So the 3.3m purchases match the worst two expansion launches; Cat and WoD. What does that say ?
    Apparently not what most people are seeming to think it says. Both TBC and Wrath, by far the most successful expansions to date, had far lower first day and first month sales than the expansions that followed, but each saw an increase in subs throughout the expansion as opposed to the fall in subs that every other expansion since has seen. It's perhaps healthy to remember the last sub count we got was below vanilla numbers, and not go overboard with how WoW might be "making a comeback".

It is, though, the most successful subscription game in history, so let's not treat it like it's the tortanic either.

All expansions were fine, just keep playing it for a year and then come back and give me your "reviews".

What make you think Chinese players need to buy the expansion? They did change the subscription fee recently, but that is from paying per hour to paying monthly, just like what players from other country do.However, they still do not need to buy the expansion to play Legion, only the subscription fee becomes monthly subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrok View Post
    Haha, I bet they would love to release the sub-numbers right now. Too bad you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Mabye they get "leaked" in the near feature if Legion proves to be a permanent success.
    I don't tink they want to release sub numbers especially bc they aer now considering China in subs. The number of DH's made in the weeks leading up to Legion suggest that this is not as successful as they are making it out to be. My server seems empty.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why would he do that when it is incorrect? It didn't sell all 3.3 million on launch day, it's 3.3 million from the moment pre-orders/purchases went live until the game launched.
    Because it is correct. Video game preorders on all platforms, from all companies are only counted as sales once the game actually launches. This is the way it's always been. How do you think those Call of Duty games were breaking all those records years after year, despite being so heavily preordered?

This is where I scratch my head - I'm not doubting the numbers given - but both this and previous expansions had 3-4M in sales and still have 10M+ subscribers???
    So why are 6-7M people paying for subs but not for the latest expansion? I get twinking, all fine and dandy, but isn't this saying that the big majority of subscribers isn't playing above lvl100? I feel like I'm missing out something dead obvious here...

Deleted
    Blizz should not post any numbers anymore .
    They did not dare to post the last sub numbers at the end of wod , now to report only good news makes them cowards in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
    This is where I scratch my head - I'm not doubting the numbers given - but both this and previous expansions had 3-4M in sales and still have 10M+ subscribers???
    So why are 6-7M people paying for subs but not for the latest expansion? I get twinking, all fine and dandy, but isn't this saying that the big majority of subscribers isn't playing above lvl100? I feel like I'm missing out something dead obvious here...
    First day sales, not first day subs. So these numbers are showing the people who purchased in the first 24 hours, not those who pre-ordered or purchased after the first time. So the 5-6 million most likely pre-purchased or waited a few days for servers to settle down.

Erm... no? I thought that was agreed upon?
    3M was accumulated sales up until launch. The UK PC charts had it at 3rd place first retail week, and it was not charting at all last week if I didn't miss out something so any further numbers increase will probably be from online sales.
    If you haven't paid for Legion - like me - then you can only play the game up to ...is it 85 now? or whatever was your last purchase. So there are droves of players not playing Legion then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    you are typical wow hater LOL. buy legion. play. then complain
    "Wod was better" - HordeFanboy.

Sorry I had to do it.