Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I just got the ring.
    this better not turn into "timewalking mount" farm 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    ignoring the wounds hasnt been since late beta, cs was nerfed during prepatch, then later buffed again(the chance ot 130% wpn dmg) thats all that happend to it.
    very late BETA

Bursting sores makes your wounds hit 85% as hard as a Clawing shadows attack

you dont turn away from that kinda dmg especially with Apoc

All Will Serve also got nerfed to the ground right? So it is kinda Bursting Spores for ST and 2+, and Ebon Fever for massive AoE, like chain pulling hard in HC dungeons and aoeing everything down. Or am I missing something?

Really been slacking about keeping up to date about unholy, as I did plan to go Blood as MS this expanison. But got the bracers rather early (first in guild to get legendary), so decided to go UH instead, as those fuckers are completetly broken if I'm lucky with a FS crit or two to get the ball rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    yeah like useless extra auto attack dmg

or maybe more Sudden doom procs cause Unholy doesnt already have enough resources...

under no circumstances should you ever ever ever take UF
    ...except for when you have the bracers lol. At least that's the thought for now. You don't want castigator and the bracers. Too much overkill. You're wasting your procs if you don't only use SS with 8 wounds. It's superfluous at that point to want to pop so many wounds at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    ...except for when you have the bracers lol. At least that's the thought for now. You don't want castigator and the bracers. Too much overkill. You're wasting your procs if you don't only use SS with 8 wounds. It's superfluous at that point to want to pop so many wounds at once.
    But then again, we really don't need more haste. I am never out of a rune/runic power on my 844 DK. And getting 7 wounds doesn't take more than two Festering Strikes. And it rarely pop 7 wounds at once anyways, you need the stars to align right for that (hella fun when it happens though). I personally just find Castigator too good.

Remember that it helps you stack Festering Wounds faster as well. So it goes both ways. Rather pleasing to get a crit in on pull and get 7-8 stacks right away.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Are people seriously insinuating that castigator is worse than UF with these bracers? That's just flat out wrong. UF is and always will be completely useless as unholy. Our runic power is always >50 so getting a shit load of sudden doom procs and forcing out death coils mid rotation ruins our dps, so one factor of that talent is already useless. Auto attack damage is the least of your worries when you can pop 7 wounds off of ONE scourge strike, then you have free runes to cast festering strikes for more wound bursting so on and so on. For single target pestiluent pustules = insane amount of rune refunds especially when comboed with the artifact talent 9% chance to refund rune on scourge strike.

My question is does scourge strike have 50% of critting if you have 25% crit since its two different attacks? Wouldn't that also apply to the artifact talent to refund runes with scourge strikes with 9% to 18%?

Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    My question is does scourge strike have 50% of critting if you have 25% crit since its two different attacks? Wouldn't that also apply to the artifact talent to refund runes with scourge strikes with 9% to 18%?
    Each of SS's two hits can crit seperately. The chances are as follows for 25% crit:

56.25% chance for neither to crit, popping one wound.
    37.5% chance for one, but not both, to crit, popping two wounds.
    6.25% chance for both to crit, popping 3 wounds.

I'm about 90% sure Scourge the Unbeliever only procs off the button press itself of SS rather than the actual hits, so it's just 10%.

I am fairly positive that they just ninja nerfed these bracers. I went a whole mythic dungeon never popping more than 5 wounds. I am glad blizzard learned that ninja nerfing is fucking abysmal especially without saying a word about it. Theres a small chance im wrong but im pretty damn sure that these are nerfed into the ground

I am fairly positive that they just ninja nerfed these bracers. I went a whole mythic dungeon never popping more than 5 wounds. I am glad blizzard learned that ninja nerfing is fucking abysmal especially without saying a word about it. Theres a small chance im wrong but im pretty damn sure that these are nerfed into the ground
    Well that is a bummer.. Will properly test it tomorrow when I'll clear all Mythics.

I just did even more testing. Seems like they just heavily lowered the chance for it to proc. To be honest i saw it coming. What i dont understand is...why nerf it without saying anything? How far has blizzard come in so many aspects yet they can't seem to get that part correct. it changes your playstyle when their proc chance is lowered, which is fine, i can adapt, but its infuriating that blizzard hasnt learn that open-ness yet

I just did even more testing. Seems like they just heavily lowered the chance for it to proc. To be honest i saw it coming. What i dont understand is...why nerf it without saying anything? How far has blizzard come in so many aspects yet they can't seem to get that part correct. it changes your playstyle when their proc chance is lowered, which is fine, i can adapt, but its infuriating that blizzard hasnt learn that open-ness yet
    they should have just made it burst 1 additional wound and provide 1% mastery for every wound burst (not haste or crit as that would be too strong)

Deleted
    Now i understand why i dropped them! Nerfing dk was not enough, so noewthey can even nerf my gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    they should have just made it burst 1 additional wound and provide 1% mastery for every wound burst (not haste or crit as that would be too strong)
    Right, something more consistent. Right now the bracers just throw a huge RNG element at you. I am still not 100% sure if they've actually nerfed these things but i definately feel like im doing less DPS then i was yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well that is a bummer.. Will properly test it tomorrow when I'll clear all Mythics.
    Do report back, i do expect them to get nerfed, since they easily seem like a top 5 legendary even among all classes.

Haven't done dungeons yet, but been doing some world quests, and it seems to mostly proc 2-3 wounds now, rarely 5. I even specced out of Castigator to test it properly.. I don't like this change at all, can't "oneshot" normal 110 mobs anymore.

The reason you take castigator with the bracers is so you can apply the wounds you need to warrant a scourge strike, it frees up a lot of the RP that we have no idea what to do with when you're able to burst enough sores to make it a 1-1 ratio of scourge strike to festering strike (if you have enough crit that is). Casting death coil isn't as optimal as popping wounds but its also very important and will be even more important when we get our tier set (death coil will have a chance to apply a wound, it was changed from bursting one in the ptr recently). Don't forget as well, death coil also provides 10 energy to your ghoul every time its cast and if you run with infected claws it ends up increasing the amount of wounds you get over a fight.

There's a lot of small synergies with unholy atm its just we cant make the best of it because we simply have too much focus on those wounds and not wasting runes, the bracers+castigator mitigate that problem a little bit.
    Last edited by Prowtotype; 2016-09-16 at 12:16 AM.

I've ran sims with my DK.

Castigator came out on top with the amount of crit (8424) I had single target.

Why does it even matter if they tell you they nerf it? Why is it a nerf? maybe they were not working as they should be. Not really a nerf. You people will find the strangest things to complain about. i am would die if I got a legendary here you are complaining about having one. You know how low the drop rate is right now on a legendary items. less than a percent. be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    Why does it even matter if they tell you they nerf it? Why is it a nerf? maybe they were not working as they should be. Not really a nerf. You people will find the strangest things to complain about. i am would die if I got a legendary here you are complaining about having one. You know how low the drop rate is right now on a legendary items. less than a percent. be happy.
    This is a stupid post.

Of course it matters. Blizzard always documents and releases major changes to spells and gear. Blizzard also explains whether it was a numbers change, or a tooltip error. Also, nobody is complaining, they're observing a change and then going out to test the theory. Additionally, everyone has a right to make sure the things they have work as they are intended, whether it's a green, purple, or a legendary. Who cares how lucky they were that they got it.

Urg, my head hurts... so much stupid in that post...

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    People theory craft and run sims a lot. to purposefully not document a nerf would be to alienate those people. no matter how big the nerf or how small it needs to be known. You seem to be mad that you dont have a legendary but dont take it out on us asshole

Does any spec have this much RNG?

Runic Corruption
    Scourge of Worlds
    Castigator applying wounds
    Castigator bursting wounds
    Infected claws
    legendary everything except shoulders