So I was wondering about Power Word: Shield

How often (PW:S) do you (PW:S) guys use (PW:S) the spell? (PW: S)

I played my priest to high 20s, then set it aside. Leveled it to mid-40s during the lull time of Warlords, then set it aside. Then the invasions happened, and I played the heck out of that thing, getting it to 100.

And found out that the PW:S spell was very important to me, both for survivability and mobility (I kept casting it, to get that short-term speed boost).

I'm planning on the order at which I'll level my 100s, and I was wondering: how do you guys deal with PW:S? Do you put it in a castsequence macro, so that it's cast every other punch? Ignore it? Bow down and pray to it?

Deleted
    Solo content cast it on CD while you fight mobs in the dungeon don't/rarely bother and/or sometimes cast it on someone else to give them a boost or some very minor protection.

Deleted
    I simply have a weak aura which shows a symbol if I'm in combat with the ability to cast the shield if it's not currently up on me. On bigger groups of mobs or rares, you pretty much need to cast it on cooldown if you want to survive, but it's not off the global cooldown so you really shouldn't be spamming it just because you can.

outside of voidform you dont lose a lot of dps if you use it regularly. It's a survivability spell, so you should only use it if you plan on getting hit and dont want to lose hp. From 100-110 i used it a lot, but i made sure mind blast was on cooldown and i had dots on the target.

I tend to use it a lot. I'm still learning fight mechanics, so I tend to use it reactively rather than proactively as far as taking damage. So I guess the shield after I take damage gives the healers a LITTLE bit of extra wiggle room healing me up (If I get too low and I see other members are low, I'll also Shadowmend myself).

However, on top of this, there are so many fights that require movement so frequently that I tend to have a high uptime of Power Word: Shield because of the speed boost it provides. This also counts in solo content. I'll pop Power Word: Shield between pulls as I'm running in range to the targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    How often (PW:S) do you (PW:S) guys use (PW:S) the spell? (PW: S)

I played my priest to high 20s, then set it aside. Leveled it to mid-40s during the lull time of Warlords, then set it aside. Then the invasions happened, and I played the heck out of that thing, getting it to 100.

And found out that the PW:S spell was very important to me, both for survivability and mobility (I kept casting it, to get that short-term speed boost).

I'm planning on the order at which I'll level my 100s, and I was wondering: how do you guys deal with PW:S? Do you put it in a castsequence macro, so that it's cast every other punch? Ignore it? Bow down and pray to it?
    0 but I play holy If I do go farm in shadow I usually only cast it if I have more than 1 mob on me, unless that one mob is an elite.

Pretty much on CD, on the tank.

But it's still pretty weak; they nerfed it way too much IMO. Giving it a 4-5 second CD was enough, they didn't need to nerf it into the ground so that it pops immediately after you cast it on a tank.