Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    But bluetooth headsets are cheap now big diff.
    Good ones? Not really. My current ones are about $100.

My only wired headphones that I use have lasted me about 16 years, also about $100.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Just the amount of taxes they paid during the last years makes me vomit on an iPhone each time I see one.

But it's not like they're anything better than Facebook or any other major corporation. They're all tax-avoiding shitbags.

But when you pay your Chinese workers 20€ per month to build phones which you sell for 900€ per item, you are literally the devil.

The only problem we have is that there are no alternatives. If you want a functioning flagship smartphone, you gotta stick with the established brands. The only alternative I know of is the Fairphone. But unfortunately I cannot say that it can keep up with Apple; even less with Samsung. With a price tag of over 500€, it's not essentially cheaper than the flagships as well.

All things considered, Apple is still by far the worst brand I've come across since I am alive. They have exactly ONE redeeming fact: they kickstarted the smartphone era. And that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Just the amount of taxes they paid during the last years makes me vomit on an iPhone each time I see one.

But it's not like they're anything better than Facebook or any other major corporation. They're all tax-avoiding shitbags.

But when you pay your Chinese workers 20€ per month to build phones which you sell for 900€ per item, you are literally the devil.

The only problem we have is that there are no alternatives. If you want a functioning flagship smartphone, you gotta stick with the established brands. The only alternative I know of is the Fairphone. But unfortunately I cannot say that it can keep up with Apple; even less with Samsung. With a price tag of over 500€, it's not essentially cheaper than the flagships as well.

All things considered, Apple is still by far the worst brand I've come across since I am alive. They have exactly ONE redeeming fact: they kickstarted the smartphone era. And that's it.
    The thing about taxes, is it's up to Congress to pass laws making avoidance like what Apple does illegal. Apple, Facebook etc are more or less required to pay as little as they can get away with or they could get sued by their stock holders.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The thing about taxes, is it's up to Congress to pass laws making avoidance like what Apple does illegal. Apple, Facebook etc are more or less required to pay as little as they can get away with or they could get sued by their stock holders.
    I agree. It's downright criminal what some lawmakers are doing in countries such as Ireland. But nobody cares, because these countries want big business in their land. It gives people employment, it gives them status and such practices attract more business. If they started rolling out proper tax regulations, which tax corporations like real people (me for example, who has to give away ~45% of his income), all the companies would just vanish to another tax haven and the country would get absolutely nothing out of it.

Fucking rigged system. They're taking us from behind and we cannot do anything about it because there will always be one country that will allow them to walk away tax free. And if we ever reach the point in which ALL countries unite under one glorious tax regulation, the corporations would just start their own damn country and register there.