Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

engineering why ?

for the first time in 12 years, ive considered removing engineering. I should have done it in WoD, Engineering is useless now. This is why.

No pve use( people have mounts, bombs not effective ), no pvp use ( as it was the main thing about it), no Toys ( vendors and quests makes better ) and there is no money to make from it, by haveing this in legion you will more likley loose money on it.

This is kinda sad for a proffesion that was once a bis. What should i pick up instead ?

Engineering has always been about quality of life. Exclusive Auction houses in WotLK, MoP and now Legion, Goblin glider and nitro boosts, teleporters, Jeeves and MOLL-E and don't forget everyone's beloved Blingtron.

And we have Reaves, lots and lots of new bombs and dmg-dealing little toys in Legion.

If that is not enough for you, that is absolutely fine. I have always loved Engineering dearly and will continue to do so.

P.s. I think Reaves' battery being consumable and costing the equivalent of 250-500 G on my server is a bummer though.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-09-10 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    My main is still only 109lvl, and i have not crafted anything yet. I don't know if i ever will really, when i actually have enough materials to make some armor, i'm quite sure i have already better from world quests or something. I actually thought to replacing all of my professions for engineering, so i could at least use loot-a-rang.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    My main is still only 109lvl, and i have not crafted anything yet. I don't know if i ever will really, when i actually have enough materials to make some armor, i'm quite sure i have already better from world quests or something. I actually thought to replacing all of my professions for engineering, so i could at least use loot-a-rang.
    Yeah, while being Blacksmith too I don't like the new armors. Crafting and upgrading are too costly considering how easy it is to upgrade your gear with dungeons and world quests. You could make awesome Gold in the beginning (made about 500k over 2 days) but not anymore since everyone and their mother now have all plans.

Engineering always offers benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Engineering has always been about quality of life. Exclusive Auction houses in WotLK, MoP and now Legion, Goblin glider and nitro boosts, teleporters, Jeeves and MOLL-E and don't forget everyone's beloved Blingtron.

And we have Reaves, lots and lots of new bombs and dmg-dealing little toys in Legion.

If that is not enough for you, that is absolutely fine. I have always loved Engineering dearly and will continue to do so.

P.s. I think Reaves' battery being consumable and costing the equivalent of 250-500 G on my server is a bummer though.
    Currently the battery is worth that the price will tumble as the bots come online, and there will be bots if you don't believe that you are deluded.

Eng is still the same QoL increasing, expensive, non-earner it should have been the whole time the minor aberrations where Eng could make money will be ignored.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

What blows my mind is the fact that the reaves battery is crazy expensive and for some reason, the bullet dispenser costs WAY more than the bombs, has 4 less charges, and does 150k less damage

I am greatly disappointed in the pure cost of vendor trash you must buy to make said CONSUMED items...... Where are our tinkers? Toys.... Even the reaves is still outdone by Jeeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    I am greatly disappointed in the pure cost of vendor trash you must buy to make said CONSUMED items...... Where are our tinkers? Toys.... Even the reaves is still outdone by Jeeves.
    Yeah I'm bummed about this as well. Even IF mats dive, our consumables will still cost a ridiculous amount in vendor reagents. I've always been a fan of eng and have had it on my main since day 1 in Vanilla but this is probably the least inspiring expac for it (and I try not to be a forum drama queen).

Take the helms for example, right now the 815 pattern is gated - so you will definitely have no value in it by the time you get it and only sellable to other engineers. I'm also finding that the cost isn't much (or at all) cheaper than the other profession gear. It used to be that the helm was cheap to make and/or available at a lower level than other profession gear to make up for the eng only (I remember when they were BOP) but now you might as well just buy a crafted piece from another prof (or the helm EVERYONE gets from their class hall).

So yeah, I haven't made anything for my own gain just yet. I might use the reaves for snack distribution mode in raids (since I was forced into making it in the quest line) but I'm getting the impression that a raid load of comparable food is going to be cheaper than the felslate. Would be great if these were atleast ranked to make them cheaper. I'm obviously just going to be using Jeaves for repairs and I always keep a Walter on me when thats on timer. And if for some reason the raid is out of Jeaves AND there is no where to mammoth mount... well those autohammers are selling for cheaper than mats.

I'm making tons of money selling felslate at 70g a piece. Haven't even thought about Engi. I'll never drop it on my main, but would be nice to have some cheaper consumables etc.

Deleted
    So what ive understood in prepatch were that engineering things like nitro boost and glider on cloak was just deactivated for a while in battlegrounds and would be back in legion.

Atm this is not the case since i still cant use it have it changed or did i have the wrong info about it?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tinkers still work. The glider and the watergliding jets are actually pretty damn amazing considering the amount of high cliffs and water in the Legion zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The tinkers still work. The glider and the watergliding jets are actually pretty damn amazing considering the amount of high cliffs and water in the Legion zones.
    They don't work in battlegrounds though. You have to use the kit rather than the tinker in order to use it.

On topic: overall I like legion a lot but it does seem that professions have gone downhill since WoD. I don't see anything in engineering that makes me want to even level it up, only the bombs are useful and good value.

It is disappointing. I'm a mage with engineering and I see no point in making items with it. I've got Jeeves, my tinkers and my Wormhole Generators. There is no incentive for me to use the ore I mine for the profession. I'd rather sell the ore now and buy it back cheaper in the future when there is a reason to make Reaves or any other Legion device.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea I feel the same way. Nothing new is at all useful. Want a repair/vendor, I've got Jeeves still. Only reason to use Reeves would be if Jeeves is on CD.

I won't drop it because Goblin glider and boost is still really useful. Shame they don't work in BGs though, hope it's a bug that gets fixed. Helms were BiS for engineer's before raids came out in WoD/MoP/Cata/etc and now they are very sub-par. It's a shame.

The Blingtron wire game is fun and nifty but not really worth leveling engi for. I won't be sinking any more resources into engi unless something cool gets released. Will just stockpile mats and see what happens.

tl:dr - not dropping engi due to MoP/WotLK recipes (glider+boost+jeeves)

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Shame they don't work in BGs though, hope it's a bug that gets fixed.
    It's intentional. IIRC they don't work in BGs because the devs don't want serious PVPers to be forced into engineering just to get the tinkers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was why they turned them off in rated. They are just fun in unrated... And if it is intentional, why are the goblin kits still able to be used. Sure they can be purchased from the AH and used by all, but it's cheaper/easier for an engineer to make them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually dropped Engi for the first time since I started playing. Mainly because it is really hard to make money with it compared to other professions right now, at least selling Legion stuff. I really miss the QOL stuff, especially the AH in Dal, but BS is making me a ton of gold. Once ore drops a bit in price or I stockpile enough, I might drop mining and go back to Engi again.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    for the first time in 12 years, ive considered removing engineering. I should have done it in WoD, Engineering is useless now. This is why.

No pve use( people have mounts, bombs not effective ), no pvp use ( as it was the main thing about it), no Toys ( vendors and quests makes better ) and there is no money to make from it, by haveing this in legion you will more likley loose money on it.

This is kinda sad for a proffesion that was once a bis. What should i pick up instead ?

1. you mean reeves giving feasts, ressurecting your raid after a wipe, and the piloted combat mode that makes you a mech arnt good for pve? ok sure? and the bombs are pretty good, 600k-900k damage and super cheap

2. no pvp use? and what profession does? enginnering atleast with casual pvp has the belt and the glider...

3. no toys?, reeves, sonic enviroment enchancer, trigger, intra wormhole generator, and the blingatron circut.... wtf...

4. i have made tons of money selling obiterum, and relics so idk man

we still have moll-e we still have jeeves, and we still have the tinkers, 3 of the most Qol things in the game
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-09-13 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I was pretty bummed out about Engineering at first.
    Then I activated Piloted Combat mode.

Dropped engineering today... i went over what i would miss and found it to be only things from expansions long ago like jeeves and Moll-e, i might not be an engineer anymore but i still want blizz to fix it and give the people that have this profession something actually worth their time, reeves is a giant disappointment atm and the proffesion doesnt have much more going for it atm maby if they could make an infinite use battery (expensive to make ofc) but that would make us atleast use him instead of just using or already GOOD tools