Question Resto trinkets [darkmoon fair trinket]

I was wondering if anyone knew how good the Darkmoon Deck: Promises was for resto druid. With focus on raiding heroic/mythic, I've had a hard time finding the trinkets I want to use, and any information in that regard would be nice Thanks beforehand

-Tobbx

Hi !
    From what I've heard, it's an overpriced trinket, BUT, me too, I would like to know if it's a good trinket or not.

Deleted
    I would really like to hear some opinions on this. Since i yet have to see a heroic or mythic trinket drop and we are only one reset away from raid i am thinking about buying it.

I am still sitting on 780ish trinkets, getting no drops at all, so I was considering it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

There's a list of trinkets for healing on the icy veins guide. http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restora...s-best-in-slot

Personally I took one look at the darkmoon trinket and went 'bleh'. I have 1.1 MILLION mana and if I'm lucky, the trinket will reduce my mana costs by 664? Seriously? If the numbers are in fact wrong on wowhead, then maybe it can have it's place, but resto druid really don't have mana issues.

Just go for the trinkets listed in the icy veins guides, they offer throughput or stat buffs which are significantly more useful IMO.

It has been buffed recently, and is now very strong, particularly if you have generally valued regen high in progression where mana is constrained. You can just assume it will give ~40K per minute, sometimes more, sometimes less (both proc and casts will vary), and will have value on some fights.

- - - Updated - - -

The correct version is here:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/128710-da...s?bonusIDs=669

At 1150 average, it breaks away from the Alchemy trinket at ~2:45 fights at a conservative 30 casts per minute; at 45 casts it breaks away at ~1:50 or so. So it has become our best "regen trinket", the TP versus regen arguments aside.

Calculating the value of a medium/large amount of static versatility and an huge intellect proc; versus a large static amount of intellect, is trickier.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-09-09 at 08:51 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    resto druid really don't have mana issues.
    And where exactly did you find that out? Yeah its better than in previous expansions, but we are still the mana beasts we always were. If i want i can channel mana into throughput very effortlessly.

That's the main question thought, because mana regenerating trinkets in this expansion regen so little, i am not sure if it is worth it over the throughtput.

And icy veins does little in explaining pros and cons of the trinkets and they did not even list the darkmoon one.

haha wow, they doubled the cost reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankor View Post
    And where exactly did you find that out? Yeah its better than in previous expansions, but we are still the mana beasts we always were. If i want i can channel mana into throughput very effortlessly.
    Any healer can theoretically turn mana spam in mass throughput; sustained healing situations druids do more so than others with high overhealing. What I was referring to is we don't have mana issues trying to do a normal raid/dungeon healing rotation like other healers such as holy priests.

And with raids unlocking soon, I don't think we get to be too picky with trinket drops. Any trinket drop from a mythic is a blessing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    Any healer can theoretically turn mana spam in mass throughput; sustained healing situations druids do more so than others with high overhealing. What I was referring to is we don't have mana issues trying to do a normal raid/dungeon healing rotation like other healers such as holy priests.

And with raids unlocking soon, I don't think we get to be too picky with trinket drops. Any trinket drop from a mythic is a blessing at this point.
    Have you looked at EN trinkets? But yeah, Mythic+ trinkets will probably trump any 850, and possible EN IMO.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Well, you see i can very easily be picky. I can decide to buy the darkmoon trinket or not .

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    It has been buffed recently, and is now very strong, particularly if you have generally valued regen high in progression where mana is constrained. You can just assume it will give ~40K per minute, sometimes more, sometimes less (both proc and casts will vary), and will have value on some fights.

- - - Updated - - -

The correct version is here:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/128710-da...s?bonusIDs=669

At 1150 average, it breaks away from the Alchemy trinket at ~2:45 fights at a conservative 30 casts per minute; at 45 casts it breaks away at ~1:50 or so. So it has become our best "regen trinket", the TP versus regen arguments aside.

Calculating the value of a medium/large amount of static versatility and an huge intellect proc; versus a large static amount of intellect, is trickier.
    If you want to give up throughput by switching from flourish to MoC mythic amalgam may actually be better mana regen. 850 spine gives about 5k mana back per cast of regrowth or ht. With MoC proccing about 3 times a minutes it basically gives you 45k mana a minutes and that's only counting you cast regrowth castes during MoC. Plus if you factor in innervate which you could easily cast 8 regrowth ... Amalgam's come way higher in regen versus dmc trinket.

Granted you have to give up flourish .... But the throughput vs mana regen has always been a dilemma wasn't it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Have you looked at EN trinkets? But yeah, Mythic+ trinkets will probably trump any 850, and possible EN IMO.
    Yeah, but they're not available right now. You need the RNG gods to bless you regardless of what content you're running to get the trinkets you want, and at this moment it's plain old mythics.