Poll: Will you buy the iPhone 7?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Lots of Photos, and taking Videos. Also if you hord apps you don't actually use.
    I can understand photos and videos temporarily taking up space. But wouldn't you rather preserve it locally so that you don't lose it if the phone goes?

As far as apps goes, I understand I am a very light user of apps and games.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. Probably the Price, and people disliking things that are popular; and trying to be "different" by going to the actually more popular platform (number wise Android has more devices).

Unlike Apple's Laptops, the iPhones tend to be faster (pure CPU/GPU power wise) than the Android phones. So its not the other argument that you're paying a premium for older hardware.

I like Apple because they have a cohesive ecosystem. And I cannot stand the Android UI. (Having used, and developed for it)
    I'll give it to iPhones for GPU power. But their CPU power is more or less average. They were even quite far behind for a couple of years. It's why they were late to the game with real multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Indeed, my iPhone 6 Plus is 2 years old - and I feel like a new phone.

Giving the old one to family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    No, because it's a phone that's way too expensive for what it does. I'd rather get a Xiaomi.
    I always buy the best non Android phone I can find - because Android as an operating system hobbles any amazing hardware it finds itself on. Also - on most of the phones suitable for local carriers - you can't get OS upgrades for years, if at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    I'm curious as to how people make use of that much storage on the phone. I never filled my 32 GB Nexus 5. And I doubt I'd fill up the 64GB Oneplus 3.
    Yeah, I had an S5 and had a 512GB SD card in it. I actually had music and such. Now, not so much. I have a 32GB S6 and all my music is streamed. Still has more than half the space left. Almost all of what's used is apps and pictures.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which made all Apple users I meet extremely jealous.

i still have a working 6, no intentions of buying the 7, until this one breaks I dont intend to get a new cell phone

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Their Benchmarks are way better than the current Android devices:

https://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks
    https://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks

2387 score for iPhone 6s vs 1809 score of Samsung Galaxy S7 (in Single Core Operations)
    Not sure why we're only looking at single core operations when we're talking about the CPU as a whole.

The old P4 Single Cores beat out a single core of the Core2 series. But that was certainly not the whole picture.
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

no Apple is trash.. Iphones are utterly Trash and they overcharge for worse computers,phones, and more.

Deleted
    Yes! Switching from android due to the cleaner look. Going for the plus and I'm quite excited...

Whenever upgrade time rolls around again for us, we'll be getting them.

I'm curious as to how people make use of that much storage on the phone. I never filled my 32 GB Nexus 5. And I doubt I'd fill up the 64GB Oneplus 3.
    People are different. I don't see why anyone would want more than a 4.6" screen. I have huge hands, as in legit huge, but they are still awkward.
    I am using an SD-card of 128GB on my phone, because I listen to a lot of music. So I need the collection somewhere.
    And a 3.5mm jack so I can listen to it with actual good headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Biggest benefit for adopting this gen, either iphone or galaxy s7, is the waterproof aspect. I have talked on the thing in the shower before(I take cold showers though).
    And very late to the party at that. Sony have been doing that for their flagships since at least 2013. And they were hardly first.
    I wouldn't pick either Apple or Samsung.

I got an Iphone SE a couple months ago that was free-ish, so I don't need to upgrade.

I was a little weirded out by the lack of a headphone jack but its pleasing to see that Apple is bundling the phones with an adapter so you can still use your old head phones. Finally including a base 32G of memory is also nice if some what late.

Maybe, not sure. My S6 still works well.
    Maybe I'll get myself one as an x-mas present, who knows.

No. I do not care for Apple's Walled Garden philosophy. The only apples in my house are gala apples, sweet and a little crunchy.

After my Sony phone died inside a year I switched to Samsung. Haven't looked back as the Galaxy S line has been perfect for me
    You are of course free to use what you want. But it is am incredibly small sample group.
    In the meanwhile, my surroundings have experienced Samsung phones randomly bricking themselves and Sony at worst got a crack in the backside (too much tension rather than damage).
    Samsung has such a heavy skin, they have locked down their phone too much. Also, poor battery life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand photos and videos temporarily taking up space. But wouldn't you rather preserve it locally so that you don't lose it if the phone goes?

As far as apps goes, I understand I am a very light user of apps and games.
    I have the bad habit of keeping useless video on my phone.

ALL WoW expansion opening cinematic, FFXIV cinematic, Sephiroth vs Genesis fight scene, I keep all of them in the phone and watch them when I want to.....

I really should stop doing that.

But with 256GB of data maybe I can download Kingsglaive, Brotherhood and Advent Children on it lol.

Yeah, the adapter certainly won't take up more physical space than a jack would have. Nice logic on that one Apple.
    I was under the impression that having only a lightning port allowed them to make the phone even thinner and make it water proof.

The adapter it self isn't all that big anyways but will take up a bit more space outside the phone. /shrug

Haven't heard if the bundled lightning headphones have improved sound quality over the existing 3.5mm headphones. The current ones are decent but not exceptional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, my iPhone 6 Plus is 2 years old - and I feel like a new phone.

Giving the old one to family.

Same, my mum knew I am after the iPhone 7, she is eyeing up my 6 Plus now.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you look at comparative models:

iPhone 6s Plus
    Apple A9 @ 1.8 GHz
    4046 score

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
    Samsung Exynos 7420 @ 1.5 GHz
    3953 score

The iPhone is still comparatively faster.

Samsung Galaxy S6 did win out on multi-core against the iPhone 6, but lost in single core operations, which is what most apps will actually use.
    S6/S6 Edge: April 10, 2015; 16 months ago
    6s/6s Plus: September 25, 2015; 11 months ago
    S7/S7 Edge: March 11, 2016; 5 months ago ---> Exynos 8890 @ 2.3GHz (if using all cores).

It's always been a cat and mouse game. The 6s came after the S6 (damn these naming schemes), so of course it's faster. I expect the iPhone 7 will beat the S7, and the S8 will beat the iPhone 7, so the iPhone 7s will beat the S8, repeat ad infinitum.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you look at comparative models:

iPhone 6s Plus
    Apple A9 @ 1.8 GHz
    4046 score

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
    Samsung Exynos 7420 @ 1.5 GHz
    3953 score

The iPhone is still comparatively faster.

Samsung Galaxy S6 did win out on multi-core against the iPhone 6, but lost in single core operations, which is what most apps will actually use.
    And when you compare it to the current Galaxy S7 and not the S6, the score is 1809/5218.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    My Galaxy s5 still works perfectly so no
    Yeah Galaxy s5 is awesome.