Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    It's a mess right now in all aspects.

*Agility classes seem to do way more damage than strength/intellect classes in BG's.
    *There's too much CC, especially stuns. And DR is too weak.
    *Tanks and Champion Followers completely dominate world PVP. Who thought It'd be a good idea to add a NPC follower that removes 90% of the targets HP on a 3 min CD?... World PVP was never tuned and can never be tuned but the state it is in right now is beyond tarded.
    * PVP isn't a viable way to gear up for PVP.
    * Unlocking PVP abilities are tedious and unfun because your class doesn't function properly before you've unlocked at least the first half of the PVP talents.

Basically nothing works in PVP. It feels like an alpha build.
    Agree with all of it, but the bolded part, especially. I was doing the Black Rook Hold world PvP quest (it had Arti Power as a reward) and holy crapsnacks. There was a single Blood DK basically killing everyone within seconds (his Marrowrend hit me for over 400k crit, on a ~1.6million HP pool) and his health wasnt even moving (he was already just shy of 4 million HP - about 3.8 million) as he just strolled around and absolutely crushed everything near him.

I couldnt even heal through it, it was coming in so fast.

And leather DPS - holy shit. Havock DH was killing me before i could even get all 3 DoTs on him. One hit for over 900k. Forget draintanking - not even possible, they just burn a survival cooldown and you die. BM hunter killed me before i even knew he was there.

World PvP is a giant shit-show, and yes, i know it wont be balanced, but holy fucknuggets it was never this bad. This is just unplayable shit.

And all of the fucking undocumented changes to spell coefficients in PvP... jeezus, Blizzard. How hard is it to update the tooltips to just check the fucking database values?

PVP's a fucking mess which is a shame because its the only reason I play. Im quitting if they dont change things drastically. Removing PVP gear and a vendor was retarded. Grinding for honor talents is retarded. Having to pve for the ilvl is retarded. Damage is retarded. Pvp is broken atm. Waste of 50$

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Yeah random bg's feel like shit as a Rogue, remove fucking spectral sight everyone knew it was going to be dumb as shit and they still kept it. I tried Sub and I feel like I do no damage at all, Outlaw is a bit better but it still feels so weird in pvp, while in PVE its great. Also everyone having random honor talents feels shit aswell.
    I noticed there're two types of rogues:
    1) Bad ones who sometimes cannot even go through dark pact
    2) Rogues who can bind their buttons and do shittonn of damage in 2-3 globals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely loath PvP in this expansion. It basically is game over once you trinket first stun because you die in next one.

Also unlocking talents is super retarded. The way I want to play my class is at level 40, yeah. I honestly feel discouraged enough to quit this game after hitting only level 12, or at least a PvP aspect of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's a trainwreck. The stat normalization is the only thing they've done right but given they left ilevel in and the way gear is now handled it's pointless. Burst is extreme, absolute melee dominance, the new "you got nothing for a lose" does not encourage people to play better or put in more effort it encourages them to leave when it looks like a loss and not waste their time aswell as increase the toxic behaviour.

I love Lixo and Barrs wo tell people to gear through PvE, gj guys! Especially since that ignores that raid gear will wreck your face due to the bonuses to stats anyway. Mythic Dungeon loot already will. You didn't even bother to try to counter things such as insane burst or a gross imbalance between melee/casters and so on.
    No rewards for losing is an extremely questionable design choice. Rewards should be greater for winning but losers should still receive something. Like... have they never played a pub before?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No rewards for losing is an extremely questionable design choice. Rewards should be greater for winning but losers should still receive something. Like... have they never played a pub before?
    meh i don't really care about rewards anyway. only tried one bg so far and what i got for a win was pretty much crap... like a purple arti power which was like 50 points or some lame crap like that and a piece of gear at 805 ilvl wtf am i supposed to to with that?

Deleted
    For all the people you think you saw everything... at day 10 of the expansion...
    I can inform you that the most balanced expansion (WotLK) was the most unbalanced as well.
    All people remember s7/8, they tend to forget s5-pre S5. s5 rollbacked once... and even got terminated very fast because of unbalnced things.
    WPvP is unbalanced, however, back there Pala=2shots, Fdruid=1shot, DKs=1pulldead, Rogues=Ambush/backstab ciao... That was the caster/healer view...
    And when you nerfed the one, the other was still OP...till they did balanced everything to have s7/8 to be "the most balanced ever" .
    Same s--t with PvP gear.. every s1 i felt it is the sub-par gear, unless i was full rated gear...nearing s2 of the expansion...
    At the moment Rated PvP is not even in the game...
    Gearing factor is better through PvE...while i don't agree, it is still viable option...moreover you can PvE and PvP with that...
    Prestige system... i don't like that i do have to grind talents all in all just for PvP, with many talents being useless or sub-par... The prestige system as it is...it's ok. As you don't get something that will change PvP for you, you don't lose something that it is a "must have". The Prestige is just a system for people that want to get involved with it... Nothing pushes you to it.

What i want to see fixed, is things that matter...like balance when season hits...PvP rewards to be aviable in PvE as PvE rewards are viable for PvP... and the most meaningful thing for at least a few months (especially if you play all specs)...artifact power needs a serious buff...The first HC dung gives you like 500 for free... the dungs after are 150+ the boss drops (70AP, when it drops... and it drops at a good rate). Meanwhile PvP AP rewards are PATHETIC.... and if you want to play more specs than one ...even more PATHETIC.Losing is not an option-on the counter fact PvE you don't really lose unless you get kicked or quit on your own...

And as we talk...still day 10... like seriously, what did you expected. Let's be hopeful that it won't last 1-2 seasons like most of the times in the past.

I feel sorry for anyone who still expects anything good from this game's pvp. It's the only crap aspect of Legion imho, and boy IT IS CRAP. Devs gave up on wow pvp years ago. Their surrender was clear when they hired a random idiot to be its representant and hate dummy.

It's a lot less fun than I thought it'd be. There is really no gear in PvP, just those guard killing world pvp quests, which meh. I was expecting PvP to be a viable gearing path just like PvE is.

Also, explain to me why talents which we select horizontally are unlocked vertically. This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    For all the people you think you saw everything... at day 10 of the expansion...
    I can inform you that the most balanced expansion (WotLK) was the most unbalanced as well.
    All people remember s7/8, they tend to forget s5-pre S5. s5 rollbacked once... and even got terminated very fast because of unbalnced things.
    WPvP is unbalanced, however, back there Pala=2shots, Fdruid=1shot, DKs=1pulldead, Rogues=Ambush/backstab ciao... That was the caster/healer view...
    And when you nerfed the one, the other was still OP...till they did balanced everything to have s7/8 to be "the most balanced ever" .
    Same s--t with PvP gear.. every s1 i felt it is the sub-par gear, unless i was full rated gear...nearing s2 of the expansion...
    At the moment Rated PvP is not even in the game...
    Gearing factor is better through PvE...while i don't agree, it is still viable option...moreover you can PvE and PvP with that...
    Prestige system... i don't like that i do have to grind talents all in all just for PvP, with many talents being useless or sub-par... The prestige system as it is...it's ok. As you don't get something that will change PvP for you, you don't lose something that it is a "must have". The Prestige is just a system for people that want to get involved with it... Nothing pushes you to it.

What i want to see fixed, is things that matter...like balance when season hits...PvP rewards to be aviable in PvE as PvE rewards are viable for PvP... and the most meaningful thing for at least a few months (especially if you play all specs)...artifact power needs a serious buff...The first HC dung gives you like 500 for free... the dungs after are 150+ the boss drops (70AP, when it drops... and it drops at a good rate). Meanwhile PvP AP rewards are PATHETIC.... and if you want to play more specs than one ...even more PATHETIC.Losing is not an option-on the counter fact PvE you don't really lose unless you get kicked or quit on your own...

And as we talk...still day 10... like seriously, what did you expected. Let's be hopeful that it won't last 1-2 seasons like most of the times in the past.
    Yeah that's why the title is 'PVP impressions so far'
    So far being the key area right there, you can only judge what's in front of you because we cannot look into the future just yet.

It´s trash. No idea how this could have gone live.

Deleted
    It feels like the most unfun I've experienced and I got to rank 11 in vanilla PVP as a warlock, so that's saying something. As Disc or Shadow Priest, I feel that if a melee looks at me, I'm already dead. I can't top up people, the damage/healing ratio is not working right. Plus, some of the PVP talents feel that should have been baseline and some others make no sense.

Deleted
    Shit.

Pure, greasy, shit.

I know the official forums are always a cesspool but there are actually rogues and demon hunters trying to defend their position/ask for buffs.

wat.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Im not bad at all, Sub just feels like a shell of its former self without Garrote and Gouge and Outlaw is dependant on 6 random buffs, it just feels weird.

Trying not to be biased because I mostly PvE, but it doesn't take a PvP genius to figure out that PvP is at it's all time worst. From Vanilla to now, I have never seen it this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Rogues at the moment are faceroll. Literally set up 3 opener macros and you have mastered the basics of openers...big sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Outlaw is dependant on 6 random buffs, it just feels weird.
    No its not. I can kill a 2300k hp warlock without even rolling the bones once. Curse of the dreadblades makes a third those buff useless. Ar/control king makes another third useless. You are left with only SIW and TB mattering in pvp. And even if you dont get them, you rape people. Also i love all the noob rogues complaining about DH. When we literally rape them blind folded as sub and outlaw. Idiots needs to realize we can have a permanent shield wall against their burst in pvp, while they cant do anything to defend themselves against us. Fucking use feint bad rogues, giving us a bad name. I know its hard to have an extra keybind for feint for shit players, but it should have always been on your bar for pve and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    that's their intended class design I think. High mobility and damage. But right now it feels a little much. It might just be that I haven't done that many 3's skirms, but their cleave is pretty insane in 2's. I guess being that strong for a bit is the upside of a 5min cd or 3.5min cd.
    Ya you actually right, yest i spend few hours farming arena skrimishes, ya DH do hit hard and they can kite me so well (me being a slow ass Ret) while his teamate is peeling me. But once i manage to stun or slow them, they are dead so hm.... kinda balance? high dmg / low survival but in rated 3s where healers will be in game, DH will do some sick dmg. Btw they are still strong every 2 min (nemesis (20% dmg) + Chaos Blades) both cds are 2 min so very good for stacking.

I think it is fine that their ST is high, but i think their clv a bit too strong asp during meta form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Hit with stun, trinketed, he binding lighted before I could displacer beast and took out a chunk then hit me with the second 3 sec stun and it was over. Through barkskin and had two rollers while sitting in eff. Temp V for 800K was the biggest chunker in the log, i remembered that much.
    Yeh nothing you could do there XD, Ret's ST dmg is very very decent atm but its easy to kite/peel us, so in rated PvP ur team should have no issues peeling Ret of you. Btw that crit is insane, he must be full 845, hardest i ever hit on my TV was 580-600 >.< but i am only 815 ilvl atm.

Deleted
    Played 5 Battlegrounds today as holy priest, most of the healing u do is done in spirit of redemption, since everyone & their mother seems to be playing melee.

Healers are in such a shitty position it's not even funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Shit.

Pure, greasy, shit.

I know the official forums are always a cesspool but there are actually rogues and demon hunters trying to defend their position/ask for buffs.

wat.
    Yep, i saw that too, DH asking for snare removal, for example FR removing all snares....i guess all that mobility/dmg/range dmg/ range kick/ range 50% slow is not enough to lock down/stick to the target, DHs want also snare removal