Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Enjoying that people in this thread are spelling Aleppo wrong.

First thought : typical American.

Second thought : Anyone who takes Gary Johnson seriously is a complete fucking moron.
    Woo, an edgy one. Have you been paying attention to who the Democrats and Republicans are trying to get into office? A baked potato would be a better option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    LOL this guy...

Your offshore holdings tinfoil doesn't exist, sorry. It's sham made up by the media to tar and feather last elections Republican. I don't know why you are trying to put it forth as fact when it's not an actual thing.
    Now that my friend is a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Actually when I was a kid the news was actually about reporting what happened, where and why. Then again I'm old, so I dont know when it changed into whatever it is now.
    I doubt seriously you are as old as me. When I was a kid we said, "Don't believe everything you read in the papers".

Now, sure it is true that we did not have all this political commentary then; news channels didn't exist. Also, they had that bias law back then, that made it really difficult to give an opinion, as then you had to also present opposing opinions. Most TV and radio stations just stayed out of it all for fear of that law.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I think there is a difference between non-intervention and isolationism.

And you are right, there are various degrees to which the Libertarian party swings on that score.

I would also agree that we could use a little less romping around in the world. I would like to see more of a coalition approach with other countries taking the lead for a change. If nothing else all of that money could be used domestically -- and is badly needed.
    I guess I am called a non-interventionist. What I do not understand is why it is always the U.S. cleaning up the shit. I cannot argue that the U.S. creates most of the shit (Iraq War) but in the Syrian crisis I would think we could get Europe more into say "boots on the ground" to clean it. To make my point, I hate putting troops into countries.

To be plain and simple. It always seems we put our resources into other countries and get little if nothing in return. In my opinion, we create more of a mess.

Now that my friend is a conspiracy theory.
    They are illegal. It is factually illegal for a US citizen to hide income off shore. The commonly put forth notion that the wealthy in the US evade taxes legally by using off shore accounts is factually incorrect. If you are claiming that there is something illegal going on because you feel it in your gut, well I don't know what to say to that.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts are: He had no chance to win in the first place. End result is that is looks more ignorant but does not hurt his 0% chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I guess I am called a non-interventionist. What I do not understand is why it is always the U.S. cleaning up the shit. I cannot argue that the U.S. creates most of the shit (Iraq War) but in the Syrian crisis I would think we could get Europe more into say "boots on the ground" to clean it. To make my point, I hate putting troops into countries.

To be plain and simple. It always seems we put our resources into other countries and get little if nothing in return. In my opinion, we create more of a mess.
    Every nation in history has gone to war for one cause and one cause only: it's own interests.

We have never gone to war to benefit another nation, and we never will. Even if we defend them via treaty, it's in our interests to keep the treaty. If it were not, we would not honor the treaty.

This notion that we go to war as a favor or some humanitarian reason is just nonsense. Hell, look at WW2. We didn't get in that over morality, we got in it because were forced.

Every nation in history has gone to war for one cause and one cause only: it's own interests.

We have never gone to war to benefit another nation, and we never will. Even if we defend them via treaty, it's in our interests to keep the treaty. If it were not, we would not honor the treaty.

This notion that we go to war as a favor or some humanitarian reason is just nonsense. Hell, look at WW2. We didn't get in that over morality, we got in it because were forced.
    No idea what your point is. My point is we get create more messes than we solve. I guess you think I am talking about getting into Syria for humanitarian purposes? No obviously it is BIGGER than that.

No idea what your point is. My point is we get create more messes than we solve. I guess you think I am talking about getting into Syria for humanitarian purposes? No obviously it is BIGGER than that.
    I was refuting the notion that we go to war to be nice guys and then don't get the appreciation we deserve. We go to war for us always, and never them. Never.

Deleted
    They are illegal. It is factually illegal for a US citizen to hide income off shore. The commonly put forth notion that the wealthy in the US evade taxes legally by using off shore accounts is factually incorrect. If you are claiming that there is something illegal going on because you feel it in your gut, well I don't know what to say to that.
    'Koch files show that they, advised by Ernst & Young, engineered complex restructurings that reorder the ownership of many subsidiaries and centralize them under Luxembourg companies that are all served by internal corporate finance companies, akin to a company’s own bank. These internal lenders received interest from affiliated companies channeling hundreds of millions of dollars in profits through Luxembourg between 2009 and 2013 and paid little tax. In some years, the two parent companies’ Luxembourg subsidiaries enjoyed tax rates of less than 1 percent. '

post-national corperations make sweetheart deals.....offshore accounts aren't illegal. They wash the money out of high tax countries into low tax countries. Standard big buisness practice. I'm still not finding a conspiracy. much like i've yet to find a point in your replies.

I was refuting the notion that we go to war to be nice guys and then don't get the appreciation we deserve. We go to war for us always, and never them. Never.

I never said that. So why do you want to put words in my statement just to create an argument?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Literally anything this guy says or does will be used to shit all over him. It's how the MSM has kept the 2 party system going for so long.

You go to war so that Lockheed martin and Boeing can donate to McCain and Hillary.

That makes 2 of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care.

Knowing what's going on in the world is great. But it's not like his ignorance will last more than 10 seconds once he gets even close to getting elected, as just like Trump and Hillary are now, he'd get some security briefings before the election, just to keep him in the loop, and as soon as he took office he'd get even more info.

It's like asking if he knows where the bathroom is in the White House. Probably not, but I'm sure he'll figure it out as soon as he needs to. Right now? He doesn't need to.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

'Koch files show that they, advised by Ernst & Young, engineered complex restructurings that reorder the ownership of many subsidiaries and centralize them under Luxembourg companies that are all served by internal corporate finance companies, akin to a company’s own bank. These internal lenders received interest from affiliated companies channeling hundreds of millions of dollars in profits through Luxembourg between 2009 and 2013 and paid little tax. In some years, the two parent companies’ Luxembourg subsidiaries enjoyed tax rates of less than 1 percent. '

post-national corperations make sweetheart deals.....offshore accounts aren't illegal. They wash the money out of high tax countries into low tax countries. Standard big buisness practice. I'm still not finding a conspiracy. much like i've yet to find a point in your replies.
    That is corporate. I never said off shore accounts were illegal. I said hiding money in them to evade taxes is illegal, for a private citizen. Obviously corporations doing business in other countries is complicated. However, even in corporate cases, you can't just hide the money off shore and bring home the profit. The only thing you can do to avoid US taxes, regarding off shore holdings, is to never bring the money home. That includes materials and labor as well. You can't just fund your local activity with foreign holdings to avoid taxes.

Take off the tinfoil guy. It's going to eat you up inside thinking the world is not what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that. So why do you want to put words in my statement just to create an argument?
    I'm sorry I offended you. It was very clear to me. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You go to war so that Lockheed martin and Boeing can donate to McCain and Hillary.
    Why? We are already buying the shit out of their products, war or no war. That makes little sense.

Deleted
    Take off the tinfoil guy. It's going to eat you up inside thinking the world is not what it is.
    You are just repeating yourself and your opinion which is wrong. Saying it again doesn't make it any less wrong.

Accusing me of having nothing to talk about then ranting about conspiracy theories is childish. Whats the conspiracy?

Why? We are already buying the shit out of their products, war or no war. That makes little sense.
    It's easier to justify the corporate welfare during war time. I though you were about balanced budgets, why not cut the wasteful warmongering spending.

You are just repeating yourself and your opinion which is wrong. Saying it again doesn't make it any less wrong.

Accusing me of having nothing to talk about then ranting about conspiracy theories is childish. Whats the conspiracy?
    Opinions can't be wrong. But, now that you said that, I realize what sort of person I am trying to speak with, and it's clearly going to be a waste of time.

Deleted
    Opinions can't be wrong. But, now that you said that, I realize what sort of person I am trying to speak with, and it's clearly going to be a waste of time.
    Still yet to identify a conspiracy or provide anything to the conversation but ok, i'm wasting your time.