Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This will have zero impact on gem prices as has already been stated. If you have a socket, you need a gem for it. Same before as it is now. 150 is higher than 100, so people who care about maximizing will go for 150 - just like they did 150 vs 250 beforehand. Nobody bought 250 gems with 150 available if they didn't have the money to spend.
    I don't think you understand the concept of supply vs demand.. Everyone needs a socket, but if there's only 100 gems, those 100 sellers can choose any price they want. If there's 500, competition and undercutting begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I don't think you understand the concept of supply vs demand.. Everyone needs a socket, but if there's only 100 gems, those 100 sellers can choose any price they want. If there's 500, competition and undercutting begins.
    ...What? Are you a bit confused there, mate? This is not what we're discussing at all. Discussion is about the fact that a rare gem costs a lot more than a common. This hasn't changed and won't change just because both provides lower stats. The supply of common gems are far higher than the demand in any scenario, so the price *will* plummet, because we have far fewer sockets. This would happen regardless if the gems gave +100 or +1000 secondaries; The gem doesn't become worth more just because the relative strength is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Ignoring the fact that they're talking about something completely different, I must have missed the day in economics when they told me that 500 companies is the breakpoint for competition and that 100 is a basically monopoly

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    ...What? Are you a bit confused there, mate? This is not what we're discussing at all. Discussion is about the fact that a rare gem costs a lot more than a common. This hasn't changed and won't change just because both provides lower stats. The supply of common gems are far higher than the demand in any scenario, so the price *will* plummet, because we have far fewer sockets. This would happen regardless if the gems gave +100 or +1000 secondaries; The gem doesn't become worth more just because the relative strength is higher.
    The CRAFTING cost won't change, I misunderstood. My point earlier was more towards getting the rare gems more often from prospecting and the likes so it's not quite as painful to make said gems. Muh bad.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Ignoring the fact that they're talking about something completely different, I must have missed the day in economics when they told me that 500 companies is the breakpoint for competition and that 100 is a basically monopoly
    Way to take an example literally, I'll make it easier for you. If x is x, and y is significantly greater than x, an item will be more expensive when the supply is x vs y when at the same amount of demand.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-10 at 03:53 PM.