10+ Year Old Account

Unholy Artifact Hidden Appearance - The Bonereaper's Hook

I've been researching different possible leads on how to get this appearance, whose location is currently unknown.

Sounds like I implied the appearance is tied to an NPC, huh? Well that's because the best lead I have so far implies that it is.

Now, it's flavor text says: "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

A lot of people have assumed this means it's in or around Icecrown Citadel, the latter (around ICC) may be true. But I believe the hint is moreso in the middle and end.

If you look at the currently shown artifact appearances for the unholy artifact, which is appropriately named Apocalypse for what I'm about to suggest, you'll see that each appearance besides the initial one is linked to an aspect of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Faminebearer is linked to Famine.
    Herald of Pestilence is linked to Pestilence.
    Unholy War is linked to War.

That leaves Death. Notice above the flavor text's end: "instrument of death."

There are, as we know, Four Horsemen in WoW. The original ones were Lady Blaumeux, Highlord Mograine (Replaced in WotLK by Baron Rivendare), Sir Zeliek, and Thane Korth'azz.

Noticed I bolded Thane Korth'azz. Well, it's widely accepted that Thane Korth'azz is the Pale Horseman - The Horseman of Death.

Another interesting thing to note is that the flavor text says: "this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned"

This implies that the item is already a weapon. Interestingly, Thane Korth'azz's weapon in Naxxramas is a bone hammer - crude and brutal.

Now I've gone into Naxxramas and killed the Four Horsemen while using Apocalypse, and it didn't give me the appearance. But that's not what I believe it's tied to, now.

In Legion, a new model for Thane Korth'azz was datamined. It's unknown if this new Korth'azz NPC is in-game, but if he is, I believe he drops The Bonereaper's Hook.

My ideas are that if he's in-game in the Broken Isles, he's either somewhere below Acherus in some way, or in Stormheim, Helheim, Maw of Souls, Halls of Valor, or The Broken Shore.

If he's elsewhere, he's in Northrend or Eastern Plaguelands.

I'll check this out further when I have time, I suggest other unholy DK's do the same.
    Last edited by Wolvigar; 2016-09-09 at 12:21 AM.

That has been disproven already about Death, http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...unholy/AkIhIQA the 5th skin is called Death Deliverance which unlocks at a later time.

and also...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post42244429

Quote Originally Posted by Imodorox View Post
    any news on it?
    Like 70 pages of news one thread above...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...et-them/page70

10+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of more focused research into how to get this particular DK artifact appearance, I'll go ahead and list several more prominent theories thought up in the 70-page or so thread about all DK hidden appearance.

1: In Azshara, nearest the Shackle's Den flight path, on a hill overlooking a beach sort of area, there's a wedding taking place between two night elf ghosts. There's a cave nearby with an NPC called Jilted Former Lover, who strangely only reacts to Death Knights and Paladins.

2: Something to do with Abominations. The big, fat, stupid ones (Just being basic in my description) that're undead, obviously. Something to do with their hooks - possibly a notable Abomination NPC.

3: There are supposedly runes that match the ones on the Bone Reaper's Hook appearance in Highmountain. Added to this is the connection between Trag Highmountain, a DK NPC from Wrath of the Lich King that's also showed up in Legion, and Highmountain itself.

4: Something to do with Stormheim's (un)dead-ish areas in general, Helheim in particular.

Will update with more as I look through the thread more thoroughly.

To ask here:

Is there any blue post stating the Death's Deliverance is not in the game yet? It apparently appears that Bonereaper's Hook is the only one listed on wowhead, but does that actually mean anything? Blizzard has gotten incredibly proficient at hiding things from being datamined.

Hey guys ive been keeping eye on this thread and i like how u guys are comming together and trying to solve this, 10points to you. I dont have any clue or actually i got this one..nothing good but maybe? Could the "lead" we need so much be hidden in any legion cinematic? Maybe someone using hook? Flashing somewhere quickly?

in ICC i killed mobs they have a disease + rot surrounding them. Not sure does it do with anything or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alriando View Post
    in ICC i killed mobs they have a disease + rot surrounding them. Not sure does it do with anything or not.
    nvm it seems there's a chance to trigger it even if not in ICC

Well there is always this group of islands under ebon hold that look like the hook...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvigar View Post
    I've been researching different possible leads on how to get this appearance, whose location is currently unknown.

Sounds like I implied the appearance is tied to an NPC, huh? Well that's because the best lead I have so far implies that it is.

Now, it's flavor text says: "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

A lot of people have assumed this means it's in or around Icecrown Citadel, the latter (around ICC) may be true. But I believe the hint is moreso in the middle and end.

If you look at the currently shown artifact appearances for the unholy artifact, which is appropriately named Apocalypse for what I'm about to suggest, you'll see that each appearance besides the initial one is linked to an aspect of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Faminebearer is linked to Famine.
    Herald of Pestilence is linked to Pestilence.
    Unholy War is linked to War.

That leaves Death. Notice above the flavor text's end: "instrument of death."

There are, as we know, Four Horsemen in WoW. The original ones were Lady Blaumeux, Highlord Mograine (Replaced in WotLK by Baron Rivendare), Sir Zeliek, and Thane Korth'azz.

Noticed I bolded Thane Korth'azz. Well, it's widely accepted that Thane Korth'azz is the Pale Horseman - The Horseman of Death.

Another interesting thing to note is that the flavor text says: "this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned"

This implies that the item is already a weapon. Interestingly, Thane Korth'azz's weapon in Naxxramas is a bone hammer - crude and brutal.

Now I've gone into Naxxramas and killed the Four Horsemen while using Apocalypse, and it didn't give me the appearance. But that's not what I believe it's tied to, now.

In Legion, a new model for Thane Korth'azz was datamined. It's unknown if this new Korth'azz NPC is in-game, but if he is, I believe he drops The Bonereaper's Hook.

My ideas are that if he's in-game in the Broken Isles, he's either somewhere below Acherus in some way, or in Stormheim, Helheim, Maw of Souls, Halls of Valor, or The Broken Shore.

If he's elsewhere, he's in Northrend or Eastern Plaguelands.

I'll check this out further when I have time, I suggest other unholy DK's do the same.

I find that the islands directly under ebon hold if look from the right side of the flight master looking to the outside, look strangely similar to the hook.... even the rock formations at the bottom look like chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktreium View Post
    I find that the islands directly under ebon hold if look from the right side of the flight master looking to the outside, look strangely similar to the hook.... even the rock formations at the bottom look like chain.
    Half life 3 confirmed.

Copypaste from a WoWHead-Comment I made yesterday because it seems that some people haven't notioced this:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowhead.com/item=139548/the-bonereapers-hook#comments:id=2404135
    Just so you know:

There is a hidden achievement called Hidden Tracking - Appearance Unlock - Base - Color 4 - Death Knight, Unholy which tracks the number of Ghouls summoned by Apocalypse. There is also an achievement calld Hidden Tracking - Apocalypse Ghouls Summoned, which actually does nothing.

Nonetheless it is highly probable that the 2000 ghouls summoning is a prerequisite to make the item appear.

Note: Addons like Overachiever let you track hidden achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems i have actually earned that achievement already and for me it's completed at 2000 and 1000 ghouls, yet to see anything open up though.

Been farming this for days...about 14 hours worth. 8 in proving grounds 6 just smacking a dk hall dummy. Never saw an orc aotd. Ran /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44188)) every so often. And it just came up with true. Did ICC and I could do it...so maybe if you don't get the spawn 10k or 20k minions spawned flags it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurglechunks View Post
    Been farming this for days...about 14 hours worth. 8 in proving grounds 6 just smacking a dk hall dummy. Never saw an orc aotd. Ran /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44188)) every so often. And it just came up with true. Did ICC and I could do it...so maybe if you don't get the spawn 10k or 20k minions spawned flags it?
    No, you definitely got the orc at some point and just didn't notice. You don't have to loot anything or even look at the book, it just has to spawn, and it can spawn anywhere at any time, you probably just didn't notice it then.