Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They should have just made it like the garrison where you're by yourself. You don't spend that much time there anyway, it wouldn't be that bad.
    Yes. Because that worked soooooooo well for WoD, didn't it? /sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Don't play an MMO if you don't want to see other people and have others take part in the content. In the grand scheme of things, you're pretty damned insignificant no matter how the story is spun. People more concerned with how others are experiencing the game than their own experience are pathetic in any case.
    It really wouldn't be a problem if the players were just random high ranking heroes gathered in the order hall. But now that the campaign and quests make it so that each and every player just has to be a special super hero and savior of the world it breaks immersion.

Deleted
    I too hate that there are people in my MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Because all those other Death Knights are my minions... I just ignore the weapons on their back.
    Since everyone is using some random Unholy weapon while i and some others are using Weapons forge with Frostmourne shards,its pretty easy to do so.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Dude, we've killed Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, two old gods, Kael, Archimonde (twice), Ragnaros (twice), Onyxia and Neferian (twice). They should have made US the next warchief/king
    ^ This man speaks the truth!
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Idd. Pretty sure someone could find some post where he's bitching about the Garrisons cutting you off from other players if there were enough fucks given.
    Not exactly, but still...http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post39900583.

Oh, and: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35033456

Deleted
    Go do something better with your life. Seriously.

If you can't separate story from gameplay, and the concessions the latter usually requires, then you may have a terminal case of autism. Seek help.

Or don't. I'm not your dad.

15+ Year Old Account
    No longer being isolated in one's own personal garrison of solitude is a good thing. The only thing that really annoys me about shared class halls is douchebag players blocking stuff with their shitty oversized mounts.

Everything else you complained about... it's like most of the "videogamey" things in the game, you just have to ignore them for lore's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Dude, we've killed Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, two old gods, Kael, Archimonde (twice), Ragnaros (twice), Onyxia and Neferian (twice). They should have made US the next warchief/king
    Next expansion Stormwind and Ogrimmar will be instanced per player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The whole story is about how you're the great leader of your order, and you're the one who wields that super special weapon. Yet at the same time, there's 50 other people running around your class hall with exactly the same weapon.

I really don't understand what Blizzard is trying to do here. The story of the game says one thing, but the actual gameplay does the complete opposite.

Also, why the hell did they go out of their way to make class hall bodyguards look like random NPC's to other players? It kind of made sense for the garrison, but here, everyone is already running around with the same artifacts in the same order halls anyway. So pointless.

They should have just made it like the garrison where you're by yourself. You don't spend that much time there anyway, it wouldn't be that bad.
    What you're saying makes complete sense. Sadly if we were alone in that class hall the game would been disconnected af, exactly how Garrisons felt pretty much. Logically it makes NO sense, but realistically it feels amazing to see other players again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    No longer being isolated in one's own personal garrison of solitude is a good thing. The only thing that really annoys me about shared class halls is douchebag players blocking stuff with their shitty oversized mounts.

Everything else you complained about... it's like most of the "videogamey" things in the game, you just have to ignore them for lore's sake.
    Rogue Order Hall being indoors is a blessing. The Shaman one always has someone on his Yak blocking one of the NPCs, or even the Artifact table.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Yeah because garrisons 2.0 would have been awesome
    The class order hall IS Garrison 2.0. The number of people I don't talk to that just stand in the way and make annoying sounds with their pets doesn't change that. Garrison 1.0 wasn't a social thing and Garrison 2.0 aka Class Hall also isn't. It's a stupid concept that sucks ass and should never be done again, EVER.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I dont even need to look at the first page to know whos thread this is but i dont want a infraction so i will bite.

I like the idea of sharing my class hall (though that bug where there was literally hundreds of players there at one time wasnt fun) it does give you a feeling of brotherhood with your class even with your enemies and i would even go so far to say maybe blizz could allow horde and allies to pair up for class specific quests which could be amazing.

I like it. I'm glad it feels like a MMO again.
    You should go back to single player games.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Go tell mom

15+ Year Old Account
    It amazes me that people tend to tangle Garrisons with Order Halls.
    In Garrisons you had way too many things to do compared to Order Halls.
    In Garrisons you could gather mats, craft things, spend way too much time at mission table, gather these garrison resource boxes, fish etc etc.
    In Order Halls you go in, send these 3 followers, do once in a day a research, do this daily Q and spec Artifact. Other than that you can't do anything else.
    In Legion you have to go out there and do various shit, unlike WoD where you were just standing in Garrison, drooling and spam follower Qs.

As far as having other people in my Order Hall is nothing to me, since i tend to spend like 5 mins there and leave, so /care.
    But seriously, people are confusing things and just bias bitch...
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    The class order hall IS Garrison 2.0. The number of people I don't talk to that just stand in the way and make annoying sounds with their pets doesn't change that. Garrison 1.0 wasn't a social thing and Garrison 2.0 aka Class Hall also isn't. It's a stupid concept that sucks ass and should never be done again, EVER.
    could you please give me an example why they are garrisons 2.0?

after the campaigns you can ignore the command table altogether, there are no buildings that turn the professions to shit or hold you off from actually going outside, you maybe dont give a shit but at least it doesnt feel like a lonely prison like the garrison did with all those players around you.
    last but not least, you never will ever spend more than 1 maybe 2 minutes in there, unlike the garrisons where you spend most of your time because everything revolves around it.

idk why people say its the same, it obviously isnt.
    you guys talk like all you are doing in game is sitting there and sending missions out like you did in craplords.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-09 at 12:43 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    As somebody who absolutely fucking hated literally everything Garrisons stood for and nearly cancelled a preorder when I found out they were carrying over something similar in Legion, this sentiment is 100% unfounded. Order Hall missions are somewhat similar but their purpose is completely different. Outside of the class campaign missions (which were pretty fucking easy), nothing about the table feels obligatory the way Garrisons did. You can completely ignore the fucking thing and it really won't have a huge impact on your overall experience of the expansion. Garrisons, on the other hand, were the entire focal point of WoD. The idea is similar but in execution you're comparing apples to oranges. Order Hall missions are many things but they are not Garrison 2.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually loved my garrison in WoD
    I must be the only one. But it was fun having your own castle and bitches.
    The missions were too much, I agree on that, they took too much time and at times were stressfull. I was playing with other players outside my garrison, but inside it was mine, ALL MINE