Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You mean thier first serious online game since online gaming started 2 generations ago. Way to keep up nintendo.
    Oh yea? A company that specializes in making mostly single player games took awhile to come up with a good MP idea? You don't say... Then when they actually did it, it was a unique game and not generic arena shooter #59 which you seem to gush about.

The only MP game lacking good online from Nintendo is Mario Party, and not sure I even care or if it would be a selling point for that franchise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea? A company that specializes in making mostly single player games took awhile to come up with a good MP idea? You don't say... Then when they actually did it, it was a unique game and not generic arena shooter #59 which you seem to gush about.

The only MP game lacking good online from Nintendo is Mario Party, and not sure I even care or if it would be a selling point for that franchise at this point.
    Thier ceo himself said he doesnt understand online. Pokemon has been a fucking mess regarding online functionality. The lack of online for all of thier ds games is fucking stupid as shit. Thier handling of the virtual console cross platforms is fucking stupid as shit. And just becuase they have focused on singleplayer doesnt mean thier online had to be horrible. When brawl came out we were using xbox live party chat to talk while playing. And to my understanding there is still no serious way to voice chat. I loved splatoon and played the shit out of it. But one game doth not make a console. The new ssb lost me at the dlc prices. Nintendo has multiple times stated they dont quit understand the online part of gaming nor see how its popular. Regardless if they like it alot its still a factor now and they should embrace it far more rather than sit there fucking dumbfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Thier ceo himself said he doesnt understand online. Pokemon has been a fucking mess regarding online functionality. The lack of online for all of thier ds games is fucking stupid as shit. Thier handling of the virtual console cross platforms is fucking stupid as shit. And just becuase they have focused on singleplayer doesnt mean thier online had to be horrible. When brawl came out we were using xbox live party chat to talk while playing. And to my understanding there is still no serious way to voice chat. I loved splatoon and played the shit out of it. But one game doth not make a console. The new ssb lost me at the dlc prices. Nintendo has multiple times stated they dont quit understand the online part of gaming nor see how its popular. Regardless if they like it alot its still a factor now and they should embrace it far more rather than sit there fucking dumbfounded.
    Citing Pokemon Go as if Nintendo has anything to do with it... Yep we're done with this conversation and your ridiculous derailing and off topic bait.

Fallout 4 was a buggy piece of shit. On console you could run into main quests bugging out and your entire playthrough was fucked. Bethesda is a piece of shit developer. I'll never buy another one of their games after playing Fallout 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bet...GSS-05-10aaa0b

WTF sony what happen to for the players. I was really looking forward to getting the Skyrim Remaster just to fuck around with mods.

Ya I know you can mod on pc and bla bla bla, but I mainly console game and loved the idea. This is just another odd choice by Sony.

Not a fan of this at all.
    Because consoles are never and will never be, about customization and freedom. Especially not from Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Citing Pokemon Go as if Nintendo has anything to do with it... Yep we're done with this conversation and your ridiculous derailing and off topic bait.
    Did i ever say pokemon go? or do you fail to read when i said pokemon. You do know pokemon go didnt make pokemon popular. There are other pokemon games. Like red and blue and yellow and diamond and pearl and x and y. Everything from before the 3ds games which is everything but x y and ORAS is wifi only now. No more online. Little less frothing at the mouth please.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Fallout 4 was a buggy piece of shit. On console you could run into main quests bugging out and your entire playthrough was fucked. Bethesda is a piece of shit developer. I'll never buy another one of their games after playing Fallout 4.
    You don't think there weren't issues on the PC? Far Harbor has a bugged quest for me that prevents me from talking to the doctor (Teddy, don't remember his last name) in order to do a quest. Every time I go into town he runs up to me and says "You're a curious specimen" and that's it, trying to talk to him just triggers the same phrase. Otherwise, the majority of my save has been fine, aside from getting one shot by a rocket launcher from some guy in power armor in another part of a city.

I've rarely ever had issues with Bethesda games, besides sometimes having long load times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bet...GSS-05-10aaa0b

WTF sony what happen to for the players. I was really looking forward to getting the Skyrim Remaster just to fuck around with mods.

Ya I know you can mod on pc and bla bla bla, but I mainly console game and loved the idea. This is just another odd choice by Sony.

Not a fan of this at all.
    Dude you actually believed Sony was for the gamers? Neither company gives a shit about us. However, don't forget how complacent Sony gets when they have the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Dude you actually believed Sony was for the gamers? Neither company gives a shit about us. However, don't forget how complacent Sony gets when they have the top spot.
    Remember last generation where sonys marketing was how the PS3 was a media center "IT DOES EVERYTHING" Then this generation when xbox worked on making its more media friendly, sony shit on them and said ps4 was for the gamers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But over all, it's not that big of a deal. At least not until modding on consoles becomes more wide spread.
    That's a bit of a chicken and egg problem you've got there. How are mods supposed to become widespread on consoles if console manufacturers won't allow them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    Wow. What a cluster.
    Okay, I'll just buy the Skyrim Remaster for Xbox One instead. /shrug
    Microsoft is even more restrictive in what they allow on their console environment. If you think they'll allow full mod access, you're sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Microsoft is even more restrictive in what they allow on their console environment. If you think they'll allow full mod access, you're sorely mistaken.
    They are allowing mods on it just like they are fallout. Dont see the issue.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    Wow. What a cluster.

Okay, I'll just buy the Skyrim Remaster for Xbox One instead. /shrug
    I have both consoles too, but even though I loved the idea of mods, I'll still be buying it for the PS4, I can't stand the Xbone lol, It feels so sluggish in comparison, Which sucks as previous gen I was all over the 360

I hope they change their minds though!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how you can say they're more restrictive, when they are quite obviously, being less so.

Because they require every patch to be certified by them, to the tune of $40k USD. And forcing MMOs that wanted to be on the system to turn away because they wouldn't allow them to run their own servers and patch content on their own, etc. If what you say is true, it would be literally the first time since XBL started 15 years ago, so color me skeptical. MAYBE they allow some sort of pre-approved mod pack to be certified, but I don't see them allowing full mod access and development at any time like you're thinking.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who wants to mod Bethesda games should really do it on PC anyway, technical limitations on consoles and any combination of things that can go wrong while modding mean the consoles are never going to be as good an environment for it as PCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    That's a bit of a chicken and egg problem you've got there. How are mods supposed to become widespread on consoles if console manufacturers won't allow them in the first place?
    Let someone else be the guinea pig. Allow Xbox to spend the money on getting it right, then take the lessons they learned, and implement it in a refined way on PS4.

Pretty much the Apple company motto.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Allowing mods on a console is a clusterfuck of legal issues when the first yaoi is downloaded by an horny 13y old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Allowing mods on a console is a clusterfuck of legal issues when the first yaoi is downloaded by an horny 13y old.
    Indeed. All Mods should have to be passed through the Consoles QA team to ensure it is tagged with the correct ESRP label. Otherwise, it will end real fast.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Because they require every patch to be certified by them, to the tune of $40k USD. And forcing MMOs that wanted to be on the system to turn away because they wouldn't allow them to run their own servers and patch content on their own, etc. If what you say is true, it would be literally the first time since XBL started 15 years ago, so color me skeptical. MAYBE they allow some sort of pre-approved mod pack to be certified, but I don't see them allowing full mod access and development at any time like you're thinking.
    Color you wrong but mods are allready on fallout 4 xbox one version dude.