Thread: Heroes of M&M 7

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroes of M&M 7

Has anyone played it? What are your thoughts and feelings about it? Is it as bug ridden as 6? Is there drm or heavy online component? Do you think Ubi will also abandon this game while it's incomplete as they did with 6? I was thinking about getting it.

I like that they're going more old school with it but dislike that you can't cheat without downloading an addon. I also dislike that the old games' campaigns were so difficult to start without giving yourself 5 angels. It was stupid to start a hero with only 4 pikemen.

If I remember correctly the game came out as bug infested unoptimized mess with low production value https://steamcommunity.com/app/32196...8291513179877/

At least they were honest about getting very little budget for the game. Unfortunatly it showed and flopped. With 6 failing expectations and 7 flopping, I am pretty sure the franchise is dead for the next years.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    If I remember correctly the game came out as bug infested unoptimized mess with low production value https://steamcommunity.com/app/32196...8291513179877/

At least they were honest about getting very little budget for the game. Unfortunatly it showed and flopped. With 6 failing expectations and 7 flopping, I am pretty sure the franchise is dead for the next years.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to pass on it.

Deleted
    I love Heroes 5 and to a smaller extent Heroes 6 as well but 7 just seems crappy and low budget. I dont know.. maybe its ok when it comes to gameplay but to me, Heroes games are about the fantasy atmosphere as well and this just doesnt do it for me.

Deleted
    I've heard (ok, read) rumours that Trial of Fire is first and last expansion for H7.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    I love Heroes 5 and to a smaller extent Heroes 6 as well but 7 just seems crappy and low budget. I dont know.. maybe its ok when it comes to gameplay but to me, Heroes games are about the fantasy atmosphere as well and this just doesnt do it for me.
    And I thought 6 was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I've heard (ok, read) rumours that Trial of Fire is first and last expansion for H7.
    They're already dropping it? Are their other games dumped so quickly too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't get into any HoMM game after HoMM 3... And HoMM 3 was one of my favorite games in 90-s. There was just something missing from later games, the atmosphere or something. The latest one I tried was 6, and I uninstalled it after like 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I liked six, well the story. 7 feels like a poor excuse.

heroes 4 is my fave. but after heroes five, I pretty much gave up on sequels and just replay 4 and occasionally 2 and 3 if/when the mood strikes me (even though I had all my original disks for 4 at least, I just bought full collection from GoG, for simplicity's sake)

Deleted
    Heroes 6 is like a AAA+ game compared to Heroes 7. Heroes 7 had a very low budget and it's seen, for it's really bad. Like, really bad. Cut animations, low graphics, countless bugs, some weird gameplay changes etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Heroes 6 is like a AAA+ game compared to Heroes 7. Heroes 7 had a very low budget and it's seen, for it's really bad. Like, really bad. Cut animations, low graphics, countless bugs, some weird gameplay changes etc.
    Well 6 is a bit dull and dumbed down. Ive probably played 5 for over 500 hours total over the years. 6 got boring before I even chewed through the campaign. That being said, its not a bad game. If 7 only looked like that with more complex gameplay, art (like those town screens from 5), stories.. it would be perfect. However when I first saw those.. still characters with a voice over, I honestly thought it was a bug.

It's kinda sad though as I really like the series and turn based strategy games arent even doing that bad lately. Games like X-com 2, Civ 5 etc. are pretty big successes as well as some of the earlier Heroes games. I just hope Ubisoft doesnt pull the plug after such a massive fail.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I couldn't get into any HoMM game after HoMM 3... And HoMM 3 was one of my favorite games in 90-s. There was just something missing from later games, the atmosphere or something. The latest one I tried was 6, and I uninstalled it after like 15 minutes.
    I disliked the art style after 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    heroes 4 is my fave. but after heroes five, I pretty much gave up on sequels and just replay 4 and occasionally 2 and 3 if/when the mood strikes me (even though I had all my original disks for 4 at least, I just bought full collection from GoG, for simplicity's sake)
    How did you get them to work on recent windows?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get them to work on recent windows?
    GoG versions are converted to work with modern systems - all of their oldies are. I mean.. before they started selling newer/indie games they WERE "good old games", specializing in bringing oldies to new generation. its kinda why I got them, because i couldn't get original disks to work properly and was feeling too lazy to mess around with dosbox.

you MAY have an occasional resolution issue, especially with wide screen monitors, but other then that? they work pretty great.

https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_m...2_gold_edition

linking second, cause its the first one that showed up in my search results (and because that was the game that started my heroes obsession originally) but on the right hand side, there are links to others in a series.

Deleted
    IMHO: it was ok, and better than the 6th one... but that doesn't make it good.

I think i only completed 1 campaign in the 7th one due to bugs and so on,
    The 6th one i completed, but dislikes most the features,
    The 5th one was overall the best one (feels like a mix of 3 and 4),
    The 4th one had the best "character-development",
    The 3rd one was the most inconic one and wakes a sense of nostalgia,
    The 2nd one is "the one that got away"... never managed to get my hands on it
    The 1st one was kind off meh, but spawned the rest so it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    IMHO: it was ok, and better than the 6th one... but that doesn't make it good.

I think i only completed 1 campaign in the 7th one due to bugs and so on,
    The 6th one i completed, but dislikes most the features,
    The 5th one was overall the best one (feels like a mix of 3 and 4),
    The 4th one had the best "character-development",
    The 3rd one was the most inconic one and wakes a sense of nostalgia,
    The 2nd one is "the one that got away"... never managed to get my hands on it
    The 1st one was kind off meh, but spawned the rest so it is ok.
    I didn't like 4 at all and didn't try 5 because I hate peasants and was turned off by visuals. 2 was good and is included in bundles. 3 was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda liked the art style in 5, but never gotten to playing it, since I was disappointed by 4. 4 had a very weird art style... It looked like every creature was carved out of wood somehow. Plus a few gameplay changes: heroes participating in combat and wandering monsters - hated both.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I kinda liked the art style in 5, but never gotten to playing it, since I was disappointed by 4. 4 had a very weird art style... It looked like every creature was carved out of wood somehow. Plus a few gameplay changes: heroes participating in combat and wandering monsters - hated both.
    funny. being able to beef up your heroes was my favorite part - its the reason why out of all the heroes games that I played, 4 is my favorite. it finally felt like HEROES of might and magic. wondering mosters are just like wondering heroes, but without the hero in a lead. to each their own I suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    funny. being able to beef up your heroes was my favorite part - its the reason why out of all the heroes games that I played, 4 is my favorite. it finally felt like HEROES of might and magic. wondering mosters are just like wondering heroes, but without the hero in a lead. to each their own I suppose
    From what I remember, hero progression was the only thing I really liked in HoMM4, compared to HoMM3 - however, the way the heroes were used in the combat didn't appeal to me at all.

From what I remember, hero progression was the only thing I really liked in HoMM4, compared to HoMM3 - however, the way the heroes were used in the combat didn't appeal to me at all.
    To me, it was pointless to use them as creatures as they were no match for a stack that could have taken its spot. It was like gimping yourself. I used them to start campaigns when troops weren't available but low level heroes were useless. I also didn't like that stacking level 6 creatures was far stronger than 7.

Deleted
    To me, it was pointless to use them as creatures as they were no match for a stack that could have taken its spot. It was like gimping yourself. I used them to start campaigns when troops weren't available but low level heroes were useless. I also didn't like that stacking level 6 creatures was far stronger than 7.
    Actually, no it wasnt.. a high level hero could solo a stack of like 300 dragons from what I can remember but more importantly, using a hero meant you didnt take any losses. Even if it died, you could just drag its carcass back to town and resurrect.

What I absolutely hated about Heroes 4 was the micro. The enemy could send a single goblin without a hero to grab your mines or even unguarded towns. Thats was pretty stupid and annoying. Thats one thing Heroes 7 did better. You couldnt lose the mines and dwellings before you lost the town guarding them.