Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Confused about the Sylvanas Cinematic

Could someone please explain to me what exactly happened?

.. im really confused.

I admit no, i was working and kind mindlessly doing whatever the quests requirements were.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I admit no, i was working and kind mindlessly doing whatever the quests requirements were.
    She is trying to bring the Queen of the Val'kyr under her control so that she can have an endless supply of val'kyr to revive herself should she die again. Horde side questing should bring more context to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas had the soul lamp we got from Helheim, she wanted to use it on the Valkyre (in the video) to make more Valk'yr, and you saw the cinematic. Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't read the quests too.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

14 page thread about this

mmo-champion.com/threads/2059006-What-is-Sylvanas-doing-in-the-Stormheim-cinematic

As Alliance at least, all you see in relation to this is Sylvanas making an undisclosed deal with Helya, and then later you get the cinematic. There is literally nothing to explain what is happening or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    As Alliance at least, all you see in relation to this is Sylvanas making an undisclosed deal with Helya, and then later you get the cinematic. There is literally nothing to explain what is happening or why.
    Ah thanks appreciate the responces, I mean I did read the texts but cinematic I was like we? I can't really give a shit about greymane

Sylvanas received a lantern from Helya that could bend the Val'kyr to the wielder's will. In exchange for it and more Val'kyr to serve Sylvanas, she has to do something or somethings for Helya, to which I assume is along the lines of killing Odyn or disrupting the Valarjar.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Sylvanas received a lantern from Helya that could bend the Val'kyr to the wielder's will. In exchange for it and more Val'kyr to serve Sylvanas, she has to do something or somethings for Helya, to which I assume is along the lines of killing Odyn or disrupting the Valarjar.
    Taking Odyns Val'kyr queen is probably enough for Helya to sign any deal.

I guess Odyn would be pretty pissed at Sylvanas if she had managed to enslave Eyir.

Altough this is weird as Horde player because Odyn just ignores the fact that we slaughter the only Vrykul in Stormheim still to loyal to him and try to take his Val'kyr queen.

On other hand, Odyn itself is a fucked up character because his ingame appearance doesn't really match his portrayal in the chronicle.

Sylvanas makes a deal with Helya, who despises Odyn for making her oversee Helheim. She probably instructed Sylvanas where to go and what to do in order to get back at Odyn by having Eyir enslaved. Sylvanas is then seen in this cynematic trying to enslave Eyir, the leader of the Val'kyr. She did it in order to acquire innumerable Val'kyr that would bend to her will and revive her for an indefinite number of times. Greymane interrupted her and left her with what few Val'kyr she still has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Altough this is weird as Horde player because Odyn just ignores the fact that we slaughter the only Vrykul in Stormheim still to loyal to him and try to take his Val'kyr queen.

On other hand, Odyn itself is a fucked up character because his ingame appearance doesn't really match his portrayal in the chronicle.
    He was willing to hand over the Aegis to the Godking,a servant of the legion if he had beaten us in combat. Odyn doesn't have all his marbles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He was willing to hand over the Aegis to the Godking,a servant of the legion if he had beaten us in combat. Odyn doesn't have all his marbles.
    Odyn was messed with by Yogg-Saron via Loken, so yeah, he's got problems just like all the other Keepers of Northrend had to deal with. After questing in Stormheim and dealing with him as Havi and all that stuff, I've come to the conclusion that he's managed to resist all of that remarkably well. I'm very interested to see what Blizzard has in store with the Odyn/Helya raid which will supposedly wrap up that sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Odyn was messed with by Yogg-Saron via Loken, so yeah, he's got problems just like all the other Keepers of Northrend had to deal with. After questing in Stormheim and dealing with him as Havi and all that stuff, I've come to the conclusion that he's managed to resist all of that remarkably well. I'm very interested to see what Blizzard has in store with the Odyn/Helya raid which will supposedly wrap up that sad story.
    It is quite possible both Odyn and Helya end up dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is quite possible both Odyn and Helya end up dead.
    I believe Odyn won't die because he is tied up with the Warrior class hall, and blizzard said that they are going to expand the class campaign stories later, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I believe Odyn won't die because he is tied up with the Warrior class hall, and blizzard said that they are going to expand the class campaign stories later, so.
    I might have agreed prior to the new trailer for 7.1, which lists Odyn as an encounter. Writing odyn out of the order hall is a possibility, after all with Helya and Odyn are gone, both the armies of helheim and Halls of valor are free to move.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-09-05 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention, he gives us the Aegis to us before the God King shows up, only to say "YOU MUST DEFEAT ME AS YOUR FINAL CHALLENGE!" after we get it back...

Dude, you JUST GAVE IT TO US! If the God King didn't show up, I would be in Dalaran. Odyn is definitely a little...odd.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Not to mention, he gives us the Aegis to us before the God King shows up, only to say "YOU MUST DEFEAT ME AS YOUR FINAL CHALLENGE!" after we get it back...

Dude, you JUST GAVE IT TO US! If the God King didn't show up, I would be in Dalaran. Odyn is definitely a little...odd.
    Anyone has to be odd to murder their surrogate daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    She is trying to bring the Queen of the Val'kyr under her control so that she can have an endless supply of val'kyr to revive herself should she die again. Horde side questing should bring more context to this.
    Um, as a horde player I did all quests in Stormheim, even side ones and had absolutely no idea what's going on.

I spend a few hours beating various challenges around the zone to earn blessings, prove my honor and valor and worth so I can earn the aegis. I go to speak with Eiyir and Sylvannas comes out of nowhere and does ...you know, whatever she does...

I know what actually happened. I'm aware we see her in Helheim but that was even more mysterious and confusing. We get a tease but nothing is said about it later. And Sylvannas simply comes out of nowhere and steals my chance at the Aegis... As a blood elf paladin who worships the light I was ready to incinerate her on the spot. Bitch messed up my plans and had me accused for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This just pales compared to Ashildir being so "grateful" for what you did in Helheim to even grant you access to Eyir's vault, not only ignoring the fact that you butchered tons of her precious Shieldmaidens left and right until that very moment but that you were going to bring with you a banshee who made a pact with goddamn Helya in order to enslave Eyir. The whole situation doesn't have a lick of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This just pales compared to Ashildir being so "grateful" for what you did in Helheim to even grant you access to Eyir's vault, not only ignoring the fact that you butchered tons of her precious Shieldmaidens left and right until that very moment but that you were going to bring with you a banshee who made a pact with goddamn Helya in order to enslave Eyir. The whole situation doesn't have a lick of sense.
    I think it makes sense if you assume that she doesn't know about the slaughter, it's just the person who saved her in Helheim, showing up to ask her for audience with Eyir.

But she could have at least shown up afterwards for Horde players and be like "WTF?".

But why are those shieldmaidens hostile again? Aren't they on Odyns side? Shouldn't we be Allied with them against the Kvaldir / Skovald?

The more i think about Stormheim storyline, the more i realise how fucked up this zone is.

Honestly, in terms of bad story, Stormheim beats both Uldum and Gorgrond and those zone were really shit in terms of lore.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-09-06 at 01:27 AM.