The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Upgrade my R9 270!

WoW has been giving me a little bit more issues lately after coming back. I really hate playing on anything less but ultra so I want a card that can handle all of WoW at 60 FPS. I thought an R9 270 would be enough but its proving not to be enough.

What would you guys recommend? I would prefer to spend 200-300.

I'd prefer to go with nVidia but that is flexible. I would also really like a card that doesn't sound like a freight train under load.

Thanks,

Thing is a 270 should be able to, but WoW really prefers nvidia for some reason. I have a gtx 760 and get 60 fps pretty much everywhere on 8 preset with msaax2. The card you should buy is the 3gig 1060:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814487267

You can try out the 9 preset but dont expect it to play well on 10, really terribly optimized settings up in that range, has nothing to do with hardware.

Edit: I suppose i should ask, but do you have a intel CPU made in the past few years as well?
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-09-16 at 08:41 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to run at 10, FXAA High and MSAAX 8 / 8. These settings would be under the Adv. Graphics area.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor View Post
    I like to run at 10, FXAA High and MSAAX 8 / 8. These settings would be under the Adv. Graphics area.
    Well there is your problem, dont do that lol. You can have a gtx titan with a 6950x and WoW will still play terrible with those settings.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't stand jaggies!

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor View Post
    I just can't stand jaggies!
    You can try 8x msaa but dont do 10 preset, try 9 and see how it plays but i found on my system 8 plays far better with little noticeable loss to image quality. Just because WoW is an old game does not mean you can just crank the details, its not that WoW is demanding at 10 its just that its terribly optimized.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to get much, much worse when I enter areas with fog. It seems they bumped the textures/particles on fog or other such effects.