Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I was capping ALL the time until i started weaving dc's in between 2 or 3 scourge strikes. Once I learned that, I noticed I was paying attention to my scourge of the worlds procs more. I would be able to time getting wounds on the target then D&ding and then hopefully procoing sow to do massive amounts of dmg. Don't get me wrong, I was still doing pretty massive dps before I starting weaving dc's in. The rotation just seems so much smoother now and there is less downtime forsure. We don't do as much as dhs do but it's still pretty above avg at the moment (key word is at the moment.)

Deleted
    That sitting on 4 stacks for your opener does indeed feel crap. For dungeon fsrming i went back to valk for raids ill probably go back to sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    WotLK to WoD

Spend Runes -> Dump RP

Legion

Spend 2-3 runes -> pepper in a DC -> spend 2 runes -> Pepper in a DC

Death knight no longer "Dump" there RP tkae some time to get used to that
    That's not entirely true.

@OP What's your haste like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Totally agree. But the thing I hate the most is the pull, opening with Outbreak (1 rune), Festering (2 runes), Festering (2 runes) I can sit on 4 Wounds without having runes for Soul Reaper nor enough Wounds for Apoc even at 845 ilv with 31% Crit, this RNG is making me sad and it doesn't feel rewarding at all. I wouldn't mind it if it was something outside pull burst but sitting like that at the start of the fight is just painful, at least Breath opener was rewarding if you played it right, if not you knew it was your fault.
    It can be frustrating. But those 4 wound openers seem few and far between, and I too have 31% crit with food, sitting at 850. It's a similar problem to Outlaw Rogue. Sometimes you will get a really good first set of RtB, sometimes you have to roll 5 times. Their opening burst is really RNG. The good thing about us is that the worst case scenario is having to spend a few extra GCDs, but after that the burst is pretty much certain.

In my opinion, the worst thing about UH is Death Coil. Like, you need Sudden Doom procs when you're without a type of Haste buff like SR or Lust. But you get them during Lust and SR, when you want to be building and busting wounds. When you're sitting around twiddling your thumbs, you can't get one ever. It's almost like the spell is a tax on the class. Sure it does *some* damage, but having to spend so many GCDs just dumping RP just to have Sudden Doom proc 3 times in a row feels awful.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    That sitting on 4 stacks for your opener does indeed feel crap. For dungeon fsrming i went back to valk for raids ill probably go back to sr.
    I found SR to be a lot better for dungeons, mostly because dungeons are more focused about trash killing than boss killing. So you can have SR ready for every pull pretty much.

Did run with Defile for some time, but felt it didn't do enough compared to DnD.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I cba popping cds on trash i dont want them on cd for bosses and im lazy

Once raiding starts i will

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    It can be frustrating. But those 4 wound openers seem few and far between, and I too have 31% crit with food, sitting at 850. It's a similar problem to Outlaw Rogue. Sometimes you will get a really good first set of RtB, sometimes you have to roll 5 times. Their opening burst is really RNG. The good thing about us is that the worst case scenario is having to spend a few extra GCDs, but after that the burst is pretty much certain.

In my opinion, the worst thing about UH is Death Coil. Like, you need Sudden Doom procs when you're without a type of Haste buff like SR or Lust. But you get them during Lust and SR, when you want to be building and busting wounds. When you're sitting around twiddling your thumbs, you can't get one ever. It's almost like the spell is a tax on the class. Sure it does *some* damage, but having to spend so many GCDs just dumping RP just to have Sudden Doom proc 3 times in a row feels awful.
    Yes, in paper this version of unholy is more logical and more interesting than Breath unholy but in reality I see a lot of stuff more weird like what you described or even the random Scourge of World procs (when it happens when you don't have wounds up, when it happens when you don't have runes or when it happens on top of a pre-existing one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larax View Post
    I look at Death coil as something that has a chance to proc runic corruption, scourge of worlds and necrosis if talented.
    Oh and shadow infusion!

DC does pitiful damage, but so many things are dependant on us spamming it when we have an opportunity.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I cba popping cds on trash i dont want them on cd for bosses and im lazy

Once raiding starts i will
    SR got 45 seconds, not hard to use it on trash and have it up for bosses as well, which is what makes it so good.

I did however try out Dark Abiter again, haven't touched it since Beta really. And god that does a ton of damage on bosses when used right. Among top 3 damage dealt abilities for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I admit I do occasionally pop it on trash. I've changed back from arbiter now

DC has meaning to it rather than hitting for 1/2 of what CS could hit for.

Remember that DS had a higher chance of proccing RC has it consumes more RP. In this case, dark succor is really solid for world stuff or possibly dungeons.

Scourge the unbeliever trait is actually op. If you use SS/CS in dnd/defile, for every target that gets hit has the % chance of getting 1 rune. Basically you can get 6 runes back if you use SS/CS in DND on 6+ targets assuming you get very lucky with 10% chance.

Unfortunately none of what I said applies to patchwerk fights. However, unholy frenzy is a viable talent as you can generate more SD procs to fill in those gaps. If you are not a fan of UF, get AP and progress towards double doom, though that might take a while since its the worst golden trait we have.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-09-11 at 11:46 PM.

As of now, when I have 25% haste I almost never run out of resources - and if so, its only for like 1-2 seconds, which is acceptable. Stack haste and you will be fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    As of now, when I have 25% haste I almost never run out of resources - and if so, its only for like 1-2 seconds, which is acceptable. Stack haste and you will be fine
    There is absolutely no reason for your statement to be true, since the you can also spend your ressources faster with haste.
    The average downtime is pretty much constant (does not depend on haste), unless you have more than 100% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    There is absolutely no reason for your statement to be true, since the you can also spend your ressources faster with haste.
    The average downtime is pretty much constant (does not depend on haste), unless you have more than 100% haste.
    Well, then maybe I am playing the spec wrong, when I am barely running out of resources. Or other people who have resource issues play it wrong...

Btw why exactly 100% haste?

Deleted
    Well, then maybe I am playing the spec wrong, when I am barely running out of resources. Or other people who have resource issues play it wrong...

Btw why exactly 100% haste?
    Because then the GCD stays constant (you cannot spend ressources faster), but the ressources generation keeps increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Because then the GCD stays constant (you cannot spend ressources faster), but the ressources generation keeps increasing.
    GCD cannot be lowered below 1 sec and that requires 50% haste. So it is not 100% haste but 50%.

Deleted
    GCD cannot be lowered below 1 sec and that requires 50% haste. So it is not 100% haste but 50%.
    That´s wrong, with Legion it was changed to 0.75s or 100% haste respectively

847 UH here, Castigator spec with SoW (and Shambler) unlocked. 31% crit, but only 14% haste (need to balance that out). In no way am I optimized and I don't have a Legiondary yet. Running DA instead of SR because I love doing insane boss burst and it's generally better for shorter fights, which all Mythic Dungeon fights are currently.

In terms of being starved to the point of not having a button to hit, I'm usually never to that point unless our healer sucks and I have to bleed off RP on Death Strikes. However, in terms of being RUNE-starved, happens quite a lot sadly. I find that I'm having to spam DC a lot to burn off RP and try and proc RC and it does such garbage damage. Even weaving it to keep SOW up, I usually end up with more RP than I know what to do with. Just feels like a lot of little damage hits with a big one now and then. Ultimately it's pretty good damage though so can't complain.

Deleted
    Burk23 makes an interesting point about spending/generating resource ratio. Have Archerusonians looked at the relationship within reasonable haste limits that we might actually obtain?

I must say I'm really not used to considering haste as a stat as its usually been complete garbage.