Poll: Do you agree with this prediction?

A guess on the next raid tier

Surely, I'm not the one here, but it's interesting to try and see if we could guess this time. We've had a lot of hints already.
    1. Velen is repairing Exodar in order to go and kick KJ's ass.
    2. Illidan told Akama to prepare a detailed plan on the assault of Argus. We got Akama and Illidan's task to obtain the Keystone that would allow us to open portal to Argus.
    3. We were directly told that INSTEAD of Tal'dranath we'll get something really more interesting than (another ancient elven city like Suramar).

So, all things considered. A guess of mine is - Argus, a location of it will be an Isle-of-Thunder\Tanaan Jungle type new landmass with a raid in it. So, in a huge event\quest chain at 7.2 we prepare Exodar, take the Keystone and open a portat to Argus. It's obvious that Legion's main base is too heavily protected so we can't just crash on it and go straight to KJ's throne room. So, we land somewhere nearby, and through events\scenarios\dungeons we must: 1) clear the place
    2) hold the base from the Legion.
    3) establish a base, make stable portals so we could get through an army big enough to make an assault of the main base of the Legion.
    4) make an assault BEFORE all the might of the ENTIRE Legion will be there.
    Then, maybe with a couple of 5-mans, there will come a raid on Kil'Jaeden and his minions (Mephistoth for example).

What about more small raids like Trial of Valor...dunno, maybe Sylvanas will make a move in 7.3 to attack Alliance while its main forces are on Argus. Maybe not. Maybe, as some want, Jaina will do something bad.
    So, when we Kill Jaeden for good, we will likely return only to find out that in our abscense almost all our positions were lost. Maybe the demons in Stormwind\Undercity seen in Kilrogg encounter vision will occur.
    And then we'll be up to the Tomb of Sargeras raid in 7.4 with Sargeras as the final boss of expansion.

Does that seem likely?

Sargeras is basically a God.
    We have no chance, unless we weaken him somehow.

I think Argus is probably going to be its own expansion.
    If it's in this expansion, it would probably be the third rather than second raid tier (with the Tomb as the second).

Also Sargeras is not going to be the final boss of the expansion, however it might be the Avatar of Sargeras perhaps even possessing Illidan's body.

10+ Year Old Account
    We won't have 2 Burning Legion expansion back to back. Yes, Warlords had some Legion flavor, especially at the end, but it was not a Burning Legion expansion per se. Blizzard seems to have a new philosophy to tie the present expansion to the next.

I think it's a good guess. But i see Tomb of Sargeras being a raid before Argus. It makes more sense expelling the Legion from Azeroth before taking the offensive to Argus (to prevent further mass invasions).

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    I think it's a good guess. But i see Tomb of Sargeras being a raid before Argus. It makes more sense expelling the Legion from Azeroth before taking the offensive to Argus (to prevent further mass invasions).
    The wound presumably leads to Argus, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like we attack the tomb, 3 bosses in we go through the portal and take out the forces on Argus. I don't think we take down Sargeras though. That should be the job of Azeroth imo.
    That said, Broxigar did successfully wound Sargeras, as did the Aldrachi, with the very warglaives that Vengeance Demon Hunters wield. If they wanted us to take him down, we could, and the expansion where we are all wielding mighty weapons of legend is as good a time as any.
    If they do that though, they'll struggle with scale I think. They already demonstrated that with Deathwing, where they wanted to get an impression of "he's too big to take down all at once" and it just felt a bit lame. Hopefully they make something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    We won't have 2 Burning Legion expansion back to back. Yes, Warlords had some Legion flavor, especially at the end, but it was not a Burning Legion expansion per se. Blizzard seems to have a new philosophy to tie the present expansion to the next.
    If the middle tier of this expansion does not deal with Naga or N'Zoth, I would heavily expect those to be the title monsters of the next expansion.
    There's a lot of signposting for them in questing and side details (especially from those artifacts that relate to the old gods).

At this point it's pretty much assumed it's going to be the Tomb of Sargeras, and that Kil'jaden will be there, as he was the one guiding Gul'dan all along.

But maybe it's not going to be the next tier, but the final tier.

But the Army of Light lead seems to be real with the Exodar scenario etc.. so /shrug
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-09-11 at 05:38 AM.

The whole point of the thread was NOT about Sarg being or not the endboss, it was about 7.2 bringing new zone, a promised zone, and whether it would be Argus and KJ's headquarters. Velen is prepairing Exodar, Akama has the tactics, Keystone is being searched. So, what other hints do you people need?
    To those who think Argus as next xpac. There is completely zero ground in making 2 entirely legion-focused expansions in a row. It is simply dull, you would not want to have a year of farming demons in green fire in Tomb after year of green fire in HFC only to have 2 more years of farming more demons in green fire on Argus. Unless you are a BL fanboy who is okay to have 10 expansions in a row with LEGIONLEGIONLEGIONOMNOMNOM-like reaction. Next xpac is likely sea-themed, with Azshara and N'zoth as villains.
    Now, to the possible Sarg fight. Firstly, he is vulnerable for powerful artefacts. Lorewise, we have 36 artifacts no weaker than Brox' axe was. Secondly, he might be not fully summoned, like KJ in Sunwell. And we would one by one activate Pillars to turn them on him and the portal. No one saying we will end him once and for all, but a fight is possible.
    Lastly. "HE SMASHES PLANETS". That's one silliest argument ever. Deathwing was able to cast Cataclysm spell that would split Azeroth. We nuked him, ok? It takes time to cast, really. Hell, Ner'zhul shattered a planet, using several artifacts. So what that means? Sarg is not the only one, clearly. And it would take him time to cast such spell. And we can interrupt it, most likely. So, the fight is possible.
    And don't forget about plot logic. Sarg was HEAVILY spotlighted, said about, mentioned ingame, so one. This is what is called a BUILD UP. They would not lead to this only to say "hell no guys".
    KJ is perfect for mid-tier. He is focused too, but as a secondary leader. So likely he will go as second tier boss. Simple as that.

Lastly, about Azshara. Villains in xpacs always have some build-up, even Archimonde in WoD. She has a lot of secrets, storyline and so on. That is a matter for a new expansion, and in Legion it is just some preparation, indirect action like the Eye of Azshara and one of her maidens. And to those who did not see or has forgotten. Blizz speculated about our own ships as a development of garrison\order hall line. What else could be thematically linked with ships if not the Naga Empress and a kraken old god?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why "promised" zone must be 7.2? If middle tier is Tomb, I would be fine with Suramar style questline and world quests on Broken Shore. New zone may come with last tier.