Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Make your own group.
    I just farmed out my weeks Mythic runs on my 803 Healer alt by just forming the groups myself. I was even a dick and required a 830 itemlvl to join. Literally had no issues. Just make sure you're pulling your weight and the majority of players won't complain

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I just farmed out my weeks Mythic runs on my 803 Healer alt by just forming the groups myself. I was even a dick and required a 830 itemlvl to join. Literally had no issues. Just make sure you're pulling your weight and the majority of players won't complain
    830 is not a dick, I think its still reasonable

835 is pushing it, 840 is "elitism" (although thats not a bad thing - they can speed run them together in high geared groups)

unless you mean requiring 830 when you yourself are 803 ... meh, healers get leeway xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    830 is not a dick, I think its still reasonable

835 is pushing it, 840 is "elitism" (although thats not a bad thing - they can speed run them together in high geared groups)

unless you mean requiring 830 when you yourself are 803 ... meh, healers get leeway xD
    Ya I meant it was kind of dick'ish to require such a high itemlevel while I wasn't even at that myself. Saying that I was healing and I really believe you can heal Mythics in like 790ilvl gear But ya, 830 isn't too high or low, it's pretty much a item level that guarantees things go smooth, even with multiple errors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I mean, I would agree, if it wasn't for Blizzard adding the Group Finder tool to make looking for groups much easier than spamming chats for people now. I'm just saying, if for some reason the Group Finder puts you off, like it does for people in this thread, why not try traditional methods and see if you have more success that way.

Mythic dungeons are inherently meant to be a bit more of a time investment than a 20-minute guaranteed clear Heroic dungeon. It's the kind of content you should go into expecting a few wipes especially if you've not been before. That's the whole reason they're not on the auto-queue LFD. People in auto-queue don't tend to expect or put up with wipes.
    But the thing is that there is a difference between investing time in doing the content which includes wiping and investing time in whispering random people, spamming chat, looking at the clock if it's not too late to still start, etc Also a fun part of this btw, I did the LFD tool thing and we got 4/5 after an hour but no tank.. so now what? At which point do you say 'sorry 3 other people, it has taken too long to get started now'.

Thing is that I don't see how adding it to LFG - with the caveat of no nerfs - would be an issue since all other avenues of doing it would still be there.

And ofc I will be called lazy and god knows what for this but.. I want it to be easy to do the content/play the game but not have the content/gameplay be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    But the thing is that there is a difference between investing time in doing the content which includes wiping and investing time in whispering random people, spamming chat, looking at the clock if it's not too late to still start, etc Also a fun part of this btw, I did the LFD tool thing and we got 4/5 after an hour but no tank.. so now what? At which point do you say 'sorry 3 other people, it has taken too long to get started now'.

Thing is that I don't see how adding it to LFG - with the caveat of no nerfs - would be an issue since all other avenues of doing it would still be there.

And ofc I will be called lazy and god knows what for this but.. I want it to be easy to do the content/play the game but not have the content/gameplay be easy.
    Well by design if you make it work with LFD it is nerfed content. Because LFD provides you with a stacking buff per random member of the group... because strangers apparently NEED that boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Yes I totally want to chat up people I'll never see again after a dungeon is done.

Maybe you people feel like throwing friend contacts around after such casual jaunts but some of us are not so indiscriminate in who we fill our friends list with.

The last social Interaction I got from someone in LFG was someone saying they had to kick me to bring a Guildy in only for me to reply "Um, what?" and then they dropped group entirely.

I then filled the group with whatever came up first int he party finder and we did the dungeon completely blind with only one wipe on the first boss.

It may as well have been a queued group.
    It is what you make it.
    My experiences with Group Finder have been mostly positive. Not every group is social or good of course, this is still strangers on the Internet we're talking about.
    But compared to the random-queues, it's vastly superior system. I like it and would not want it to change.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Well by design if you make it work with LFD it is nerfed content. Because LFD provides you with a stacking buff per random member of the group... because strangers apparently NEED that boost.
    Dont even start with that. Determination and LFD buffs are cancer on its own.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2016-09-12 at 10:50 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    First you'd ask if any of your group mates happen to know a tank that would like to join. Then you'd probably ask if they'd be OK to lower the requirement in order to find one. You might ask if any of them has tank offspec and would feel comfortable switching.

But eventually, yes, that's exactly what you'd do. "Sorry guys, doesn't seem like we're going to find a tank tonight, I've gotta go" - that's it. No hard feelings, everyone knows what they're getting into..

And somewhere there you should start wondering if you should perhaps try to make friends with someone who plays tank...
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-09-12 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    First you'd ask if any of your group mates happen to know a tank that would like to join. Then you'd probably ask if they'd be OK to lower the requirement in order to find one. You might ask if any of them has tank offspec and would feel comfortable switching.

But eventually, yes, that's exactly what you'd do. "Sorry guys, doesn't seem like we're going to find a tank tonight, I've gotta go" - that's it. No hard feelings, everyone knows what they're getting into..

And somewhere there you should start wondering if you should perhaps try to make friends with someone who plays tank...

I can't be expected to make friends! I'm an uber casual who only plays 1-2 hours a week! I have 2 full-time jobs, a wife, a mistress, 5 kids, 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 albino tiger oscars, and a partridge in a pear tree! I don't have the time to play an MMO but I'll bitch, piss, and moan because I'm too fucking moronic to come to terms with the fact that the game shouldn't have to adapt for ME.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-09-12 at 11:15 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Those are obviously things that were done, people tend to end up there because they don't have someone available to tank. I had -at least- 15 people apply for a spot as dps with a class that can tank so I asked all of them if they could tank instead.

There should be no hard feelings, but if you lead that group you still let people down.

Oh I know tank people, but the tanks in my guild played a lot in the first week so all 3 are in the 845-850 range. There is no incentive for them to carry people and from the other end using people (or befriending them) just for gear is kind of scummy too.

Anyhow now I sound like I am complaining a lot and I really don't want to be. I am just trying to get the point across that at a certain point if you don't have big stretches of time available it's hard to get things done. And that it's hard for complete non-gameplay reasons which in my opinion is not a good thing.

note: I don't know how to really fix it either actually

i pinged 10 different mythic groups last night and finally got into one.

still took 5 minutes less time than the queues for heroic right now, and those are only going to get longer as people come and go from the game.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

auto group finder needs to never happen in mythic, mythic+ or normal raids and above. that would literally be cancer. if you cant find a group, make one. either that or join a guild. if the problem is your getting kicked out of groups, take a good look at your own performance because the problem is YOU.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2016-09-12 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    I am just trying to get the point across that at a certain point if you don't have big stretches of time available it's hard to get things done.
    Yes, that's correct. It's supposed to be a MMORPG after all. It does offer some casual options, but somewhere there's a line where you must increase your time investment and participation, otherwise you can't get the rewards.

The whole game can't be turned into a one huge casual random queue - it would cease to be a MMORPG (I sometimes think there's already way too many compromises).

So, in short there is no game-mechanic to "fix" it. It's like that by design.
    Each of us must choose the level of participation we want and can have.

It is not. Make your own group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I've been doing Mythics this and previous week with no problem. As a SV hunter. A melee spec that could be ranged at any time, with no stun, sub-par AoE and little to no survival abilities. And Warlock is somehow a problem? Yeah, I'd put my money on "no". Especially since I've seen quite a few, doing pretty decent AoE. Or kickass ST as demo.

Leading a group - sure, some people don't want to do so, but it's always an option. Usually you don't have to pick that. Just browse groups, find one with tank and a dps spot, sign up for all of them, hope you get in. When I didn't wanna lead or think, I just did that, and it worked well.

And class balance is not so much of an issue as people make it out to be. It WILL be, very soon - in Mythic+ and raids (which makes me kind of worry seeing how SV isn't performing as good as I hoped it would), but right now in Mythics it is not, since they are quite easy. No group wipes because they took Shadow Priest, Fury Warrior and Affiction Warlock in - they fail because a tank tanked Hyrja in between, or people didn't know wtf is Glazer about.

But I kind of agree, since more difficult content is coming up, Warlocks should cross their fingers Blizzard will cave in and give them a hand. Especially since Artifact is becoming a bit of a burden if you invested a lot into something not really the best.
    Thing is, some of the groups will just see "hunter" and accept. Then they'll see DV and some of them will be too polite to ask you to leave.

As a warlock my experience outside of world quests is decline, decline, decline. And I'm not the only one. It's not a question of wipes, being an afflock won;t cause a group to wipe unless it's really bad, it;s just that lot sof groups on Mythic are already farming them, and they want the quickest and easiest run through, so guess what, they'll pick a strong all-rounder class over a niche weak one. Afflocks are good at one thing, that's AOE, our single target is dire and even to get that you have to retalent, and there's no patience in groups for it, again, they'd rather take the easiest route - and as I said, the game is drowning in dps, so there's always a better choice.

Your point about warlocks, yes, affliction is good at aoe, and dmeo at single target on bosses that live long enough for them to get through their godawul 14-second rampup phase, but that's all they are good at. There are plenty of all-rounder dps who not only excel at pretyt much everything, they come pretty close to matching the warlock in their niche roles too.

And an all-rounder wins out every time. There are so many dps in queues groups can afford ot be really picky, and can afford to simply cast aside applicants with a quick and dirty first hurdle of "not playing the top class, you're out then"

Deleted
    Yes, that's correct. It's supposed to be a MMORPG after all. It does offer some casual options, but somewhere there's a line where you must increase your time investment and participation, otherwise you can't get the rewards.

The whole game can't be turned into a one huge casual random queue - it would cease to be a MMORPG (I sometimes think there's already way too many compromises).

So, in short there is no game-mechanic to "fix" it. It's like that by design.
    Each of us must choose the level of participation we want and can have.

Well again I agree that for an mmo time == reward to a certain extent. But I think that should be time playing the game/doing content. For instance if I want raid reward I probably need to set aside a couple of stretches of 2-3 hours a week to get those and that's fine. But I don't feel you need to add an additional 1 hour part a day just to start doing that or any content.

And the 'get friends' thing is not about getting friends in the way I see people here advocate it. What people are advocating is to find people you can use, is that the kind of thing to go forward with? I think I have like 45 people on my bnet list who play wow right now, there's 2 tanks there. So in a situation like that one should get better friends? 45 isn't enough?

As a side note I think that world quests do way more for the MMO feel of the game than any form of instanced content will ever do.

I had a group doing Violet Hold on HC you know HC??? And we wipped 3 times on the first boss festergust because they would not kill adds i told them after the wippes kill the adds, kill the adds! After 3 wippes i told i wont be tanking until the knew what to do and they all left so i cue and got new ppl and 0 wippes until the end of the dungeon. I was tanking with 742 ilvl! So no please no LFD tool in Mythics i did all the mythics the first week! I got quite quick to 110 and geared up and went straight to mythics. Those players should not be allowed anywhere near a Mythic dungeon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I do.

It may be different than what you assume it is

(Hint: There isn't one.)
    Fortunately, there is a nice and easy way to get an overview of a players entire history in this game. You know, kill history, number of kills, rating in PvP, when they cleared current content.

Want me to go on? Sure.

It's also very easy to find said persons performance in, oh, let's say, logs?

Want me to go on?

Anyway, I get it. You don't care for the social aspect of the game, it could've been a singleplayer for all you care. Also, it's apparent that you're either mad because 1. You struggle to get a spot as a dps. 2. You dont like people building groups without inviting you. Boho. 3. You don't play a lot and want to click, join, clear.

All in all, I think you're just butthurt that people have high req for their groups. Your post history makes that obvious.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2016-09-12 at 11:43 AM.
    Hi

I still don't fully get the mindset. They are pushing Mythics really hard this go around. They have quests tied to them and they have mythic only dungeons. and then Mythics are really just heroics with a new title and weekly lockout. So why not just make it part of the que system? I hear it's because of the new Mythic++ model, I still don't get why they can't be separated.

I guess we'll just go with Blizzard wants people to use the group tool more to build their own groups, so they can STFU about always getting baddies in LFG. I do giggle at the groups wanting 840+ to join.

Lol, lore..
    Just start a group and get them done if you *want to* do them. It's really not very hard. And might even get some new friends in the process. It's much better way of queuing than the random, faceless lol-finder.

But my question was to the person I quoted. If you don't want to do mythic dungeons.. why on earth would you feel like you must? I don't get it.
    Oh I don't feel like I must do them at all. But its only your opinion that LFG is much better then queuing. For me personally I feel its the other way around.

Its almost like different people like and do different things.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD