Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You literally can queue for almost everything else. This makes no sense to say and I wish people would stop saying it.

because the last thing we need is every idiot who can be asked to press join queue in mythic dungeons

My problem is them tying the Suramar questline with having to do these Mythic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    because the last thing we need is every idiot who can be asked to press join queue in mythic dungeons
    Again, no, I wasn't saying that. I was saying "OP if you want queue go play MOBA or FPS." makes zero sense, because you CAN queue for most things in WoW. It's literally a game you can queue for most things for. Saying if you want queues you should play something else makes no sense, BECAUSE YOU CAN QUEUE FOR MOST THINGS.

People, please stop trying to make me make an argument I'm not making and ignoring my point. Which was that you can queue for most things, so someone who wants queues should have no problem playing WoW for most things.

I WAS NOT SAYING MYTHICS SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT HAVE QUEUES.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yup.

Bllizzard says it is not required and then they do everything in their power to hint at it is an important piece..almost required. Lots of casual players are going to quit over this.
    Anyone who quits over this is just looking for an excuse. And if they're looking for an excuse, they may as well take a break for a while. It's easy to gear up to 840+ without even doing dungeons atm. My friends and I cleared mythics at 820. I suppose if you are anti-social and nervous about applying to groups for fear of rejection, this could be a barrier for you... but it would be one of your own making. Absolutely no reason you can't do it with even a wee bit of effort.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    My problem is them tying the Suramar questline with having to do these Mythic dungeons.
    I can't confirm, because I'm not there yet, but I'm almost certain that you can finish the Suramar questlines without having to do the quests they give you to the mythics. IIRC, the only barrier to the next steps in the questline is rep. (Otherwise they'd cut off a lot of ultra-casuals from ever getting Legion flying whenever that happens)

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    So, I decided to host my own group earlier, first time in the entire history of my playing the game, which is since 2007, that I ever did such a thing, to pug Court of Stars. First time there, first time ever in a mythic.

I posted my group like this:

Title: Newbie Court of Stars Group

Description: This is for people who have not done this mythic, or would like to help those who haven't. Bring positive attitudes and be nice! NOTE: NEED TO BE ATTUNED TO DO THIS DUNGEON

Everything filled up in less than 15 minutes or so. Set the minimum ilvl to 825.

Everything went surprisingly fine. No one was mean (Which was my biggest fear), no one was really talkative though, and overall, I'd say it was a little less difficult than a Cata heroic. CC isn't really needed much, but some interupts were, which went fine. No one died! At the very least, I can't see any reason why that dungeon in particular couldn't be in LFD (I can't vouch for any others, as I haven't done them).

Until the system changes, though, AT THE VERY LEAST, for that one particular mythic, I'd say, try hosting your own and being upfront about what you're going for, and things SHOULD go okay. I'm a total coward who's super afraid of messing things up and getting yelled at, and I honestly think that's the number one reason keeping people from trying to do these themselves, the getting yelled at part. But if you're just upfront about it, it's probably going to mitigate things a whole lot. At least it did in this instance. I'll probably try Arcway soon in a similar fashion, and we'll see how that goes. I'll report back!

tl;dr: I know there's people like me out there who like and play this game who have severe social anxiety. Just try your best to push through it and attempt it. I know it sucks, trust me. I know more than most! Just be honest and upfront, and usually, things will work out.
    Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone! Seriously, well done. I suspect that most people making posts like OP are more anxious about potential rejection than they are running into actual barriers. I think you nailed it when you said to be honest. Even the more callous players tend to have better attitudes if they know what they're signing up for.

Example 1: Started a mythic group for my first EoA. Very generic listing. Got one DPS who was good but obnoxious, constantly complaining it was rude that we started group without already knowing all the fights. At some point had to tell him we were guildies (3 of us) learning the dungeon and maybe he'd be happier in a different group? But at same time I could understand his frustration. We cleared the instance, but it was more stressful than it needed to be.

Example 2-7: Ran several more mythics, but put in description "First time doing this on mythic difficulty, but we are geared and have watched video". Everyone who joined us had a positive attitude, understood when I hesitated between pulls, and some of them offered up terrific tips on how to make them easier. Everyone left happy.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    They're just a few short side-quests. They're not tied to the main questline. The chapter completes -before- you do these dungeon quests.

They tried making challenging dungeon content queueable before and it blew up in their faces in Cataclysm.

While some might be wishing that it would become a part of LFD, the next step would only be a large part of the community complaining that the content is too hard, that LFD mythic is horrible and toxic, that a lot of people will get groupkicked.

So it's fine the way it's right now, it's the lesser of two evils.

Those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat it.
    you don't understand the point, we don't want the mythic version to be in lfd, mythic should remain right as it is now for those who like it and enjoy the manual grouping and the slight boost in difficulties.
    What we ask is a heroic version of it like all the other dungeons who have norm > heroic version in lfd and mythic > mythic+ version for manual grouping, what we oppose is the "only mythic" concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Fortunately, there is a nice and easy way to get an overview of a players entire history in this game. You know, kill history, number of kills, rating in PvP, when they cleared current content.

Want me to go on? Sure.

It's also very easy to find said persons performance in, oh, let's say, logs?

Want me to go on?

Anyway, I get it. You don't care for the social aspect of the game, it could've been a singleplayer for all you care. Also, it's apparent that you're either mad because 1. You struggle to get a spot as a dps. 2. You dont like people building groups without inviting you. Boho. 3. You don't play a lot and want to click, join, clear.

All in all, I think you're just butthurt that people have high req for their groups. Your post history makes that obvious.
    Yes I should thoroughly armoury every single person who applies for a dungeon that's no harder than Cata Heroics.

And it's less I don't care for the social aspect of the game, it's more that what people consider the social aspect of the game I consider barely social and can easily be subtistuted for greater convenience and ease of use. That and I don't trust the system to be functional once we get closer to expansion end when the inevitable happens as it always does.

It's just asinine and people like you who want to prop it up for reasons that escape me.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally all you need to do is write "Mythic <Insert Dungeon Name Here>, iLvL 825+" in the Start a Group window, and you'll be good to go in three minutes tops.

It absolutely does not need a queue. Have we forgotten 4.0 already?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    I Agree This expansion is absolutely Horrible when it comes to mythics.
    7 day lockout for the dungeons intended to replace pre-Legion heroics was a stupid idea that should never have made it out of beta, seriously, how is trying to slow people down so they don't get burnt out by boring them with nothing to do a good idea >.>

Deleted
    7 day lockout for the dungeons intended to replace pre-Legion heroics was a stupid idea that should never have made it out of beta, seriously, how is trying to slow people down so they don't get burnt out by boring them with nothing to do a good idea >.>
    What the actual fuck. Are we already at the "waaah, but I'm out of content and there's nothing to do"-stage.
    Fuck off.

Deleted
    Yes, it would be lovely. Automated queue leads to disaster groups, leads to forum QQ wich leads to mythic nerf. No, thank you.

Everyone is perfectly capable to join or form their own group. You are not a baby. Get out there and get it done like the rest of us.

If Final Fantasy can let you queue for everything-even end game raiding content, with a random finder and still be a successful MMO and still have a succesful social setting then what is WoW's excuse for not having the same.

I'm genuinely curious.

Well, people have been asking for an endgame different from raiding.
    i wrote it wrong or confusing? no one is asking to remove or even nerf the mythic version we are asking for an heroic version included in lfg
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone! Seriously, well done. I suspect that most people making posts like OP are more anxious about potential rejection than they are running into actual barriers. I think you nailed it when you said to be honest. Even the more callous players tend to have better attitudes if they know what they're signing up for.

Example 1: Started a mythic group for my first EoA. Very generic listing. Got one DPS who was good but obnoxious, constantly complaining it was rude that we started group without already knowing all the fights. At some point had to tell him we were guildies (3 of us) learning the dungeon and maybe he'd be happier in a different group? But at same time I could understand his frustration. We cleared the instance, but it was more stressful than it needed to be.

Example 2-7: Ran several more mythics, but put in description "First time doing this on mythic difficulty, but we are geared and have watched video". Everyone who joined us had a positive attitude, understood when I hesitated between pulls, and some of them offered up terrific tips on how to make them easier. Everyone left happy.
    Thanks! I think some people really underestimate how many people are just afraid of rejection and failure as to why they talk about these things the way they do. I know some people here would make fun of me for it, but I DO have really bad social anxiety, even in a videogame like WoW, it's really hard for me to like... put myself in a position where I'd actively be scrutinized, so doing something like that is way difficult for me. But I am glad I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    If Final Fantasy can let you queue for everything-even end game raiding content, with a random finder and still be a successful MMO and still have a succesful social setting then what is WoW's excuse for not having the same.

I'm genuinely curious.
    the dev don't like it simple as that, they pretty much want peoples to go back to the era when you should rely on a guild to do even the base content.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the dev don't like it simple as that, they pretty much want peoples to go back to the era when you should rely on a guild to do even the base content.
    Youd think Cataclym and Warlords would be more than enough reminders to remember what spurning Casual playeres gets them.

Deleted

I'm genuinely curious.
    Blizzard could very easily implement this, they just chose not to and have stated the reasons to do so, one of them being that they want YOU to chose the people you're gonna do the dungeon with. They want you to socialize. Outrageous in an mmorpg, isn't it? You have the ui to easily find people: trade and lfg channel, group finder. You could also ask your friends to join you. I know, outrageous option!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    How is it stupidity? Mythic gating is not a good thing. Hell I actually do mythic dungeons so I do "get off my lazy ass" But I understand why others are upset about this
    Mythic gating for weapon skin is nothing to get pissed of..
    Im into lore myself aswell, and I didnt get to see Cho'gal on mythic Impregnator before HFC was out. Did I find this unfair? No, I/my raidteam didnt deserve to see it outside of YT videos. No lore missed anyways.

Youd think Cataclym and Warlords would be more than enough reminders to remember what spurning Casual playeres gets them.
    casual player are more likely to ignore completely mythic and mythic+ and just keep doing heroic > lfr like before.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it just feels better to have endgame content that isn't just a different version from something you've already been doing several times.

In that regard mythic only dungeons are a really nice endgame for people who want to make dungeons the central part of their game, and casual players seem to be the ones who have been demanding this the most.
    having different difficulties is huge plus and mythic has been introduced back in mop when the hardcore folks keep whining about challange mode not being rewarding.