Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    here you go, it take a bit to find it. Also, I'm confident it was said in one of the Ion videos.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...004?page=6#110

I think it's worthy to note that base Mythic in Legion is comparable to some of the older Heroic dungeons many are used to in terms of difficulty. These dungeons become harder as Keystones are used to scale them and increase their challenges, but this is not a system you need to participate in if you don't want to.
    TYVM, spent my whole lunch break searching for that lol.

Essentially in Legion:
    Normal = for levelling, should never see a 110 in them unless they dinged in it.
    Heroic = replacement for pre-Legion Normal
    Mythic = replacement for pre-Legion Heroic
    Mythic+ modes = replacement for pre-Legion Mythic and CMs in one.

The mythic tag should not cause people to list groups with insane reqs like that. Mythic is just heroic with bigger numbers. It's not even hard at all. If you have a half decent group you will just get a smooth run.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    They are not.
    You just quoted one of the blue posts stating as much haha.

Seriously BTW have you not done any mythics yet or something? The difficulty comparison between Legion/pre-Legion dungeons should be obvious just by doing the dungeons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    TYVM, spent my whole lunch break searching for that lol.

Essentially in Legion:
    Normal = for levelling, should never see a 110 in them unless they dinged in it.
    I don't know why you say you shouldn't see a 110 in normals. I didn't do any normals until after I hit 110 and still couldn't que for Heroics. The dungeons all scale, so I got to fight 110 mobs and the other guys fought 105 mobs. I think most of the guys in the guild were running normals for a bit after 110. If they had quest and such to get knocked out and one of the lower level tanks or healers were going to run it, we hoped in for the instant que.

Yeah I can agree in a sense that they do compare to TBC (older) heroics at launch, but not Wrath-WoD.

That said, back when they tried TBC difficulty heroics in Cataclysm through LFD it blew up in their faces and was a big fiasco about dungeons being too hard.
    They are absolutely on the same scale as early Wrath and Pre-nerfed cata (and mainly Heroic only ZA and ZG). Wanting to make the blue post imply it's TBC heroics they are referring to is silly.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-09-13 at 12:57 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you say you shouldn't see a 110 in normals.
    Well they are listed as just for levelling in the guides /shrug.

I didn't do any normals until after I hit 110 and still couldn't que for Heroics.
    You know you can get better gear from questing than normal dungeons right? And faster too.

Well they are listed as just for levelling in the guides /shrug.

You know you can get better gear from questing than normal dungeons right? And faster too.
    I agree normals are mainly for the leveling process, even though in one of the videos they talked about how 110s could also go(que) in, because of the scaling. They expected that to help with the dungeon ques, because it made more players(tanks\healers) available. Sadly it only seem to make more DPS players available

But I had those quest to get done and again if someone is offering an instant que, why not? Once I got around 805, we just walked to the heroics. Maybe bad luck, but I cleared all the zones and was still only 800 ilvl, It took a few walk in Heroics before I got to 810.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    LFR also very clearly showed people learnt.
    Well maybe we played in different regions or played different games. Durumu was an utter failure straight through till the end. Horridon was always an issue. emps, leishen, that beetle you mentioned remained a catastrophe mitigated by gear and nerfs just as most of lfr as a whole during that time. Trash before megaera, nazgrim before the nerf lolz, even fucking immerseus caused wipes.
    Don't know why anyone would use anything but the auctionhouse to meet the required ilvls but questing gear for me capped out on 800 on my second alt now and world quests are 805 so faster and better is at best an exaggeration.
    Yeah I can agree in a sense that they do compare to TBC (older) heroics at launch, but not Wrath-WoD.
    That blue post is so incredibly vague given that the difficulty spanned from lol tbc to lol mop dungeons I don't know what mental gymnastics you'd have to pull of to interpret it as a clear legion mythics are the new heroics.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-13 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    If Final Fantasy can let you queue for everything-even end game raiding content, with a random finder and still be a successful MMO and still have a succesful social setting then what is WoW's excuse for not having the same.

I'm genuinely curious.
    You can't queue for alex savage.
    FF14 has the worst end game of any MMO I've played in the past decade. The entire player base is up in arms about how bad it's end game is.

Just..stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I do start my own groups. I do talk to people in my dungeons if I feel like it. I have 30+ people on Bnet friends list, it doesn't need to be longer just because but I do add exceptional people to it if I feel the need to. I do run with guildies.

I still want the random option just because.

I think the point a lot of you miss is who cares if people fail or succeed with a random option, as long as the option is there for those that want it. Honestly, a lot of you guys just don't want it on there just to be exclusionary pricks just because. you're not fooling anyone with that shit.

FFXIV has harder dungeons and things work or they fall apart. Its pretty simple really.

They also have their mythic equivalent raids on the random finder as well and yeah, those are going to fall apart for the most part, but who cares, the option is there for those that want it.

So I ask you guys this simple question: What the fuck is wrong with having choices on how to tackle content? Does it hurt your feelings that much that a a scrub might beat something randomly without your help?

- - - Updated - - -

500 to 1+ mil playerbase is more than fine for active players. I think you need to learn how to math better or understand that MMOs with slightly lower subs than WoW really are "just fine".
    I'm actually against the LFD/RDF tool as a whole, but that is another discussion that has been going on for a long time. What somewhat irks me though is the notion or assumption that ANYONE would feel elitist/pro by being able to clear mythic0 legion dungeons without problems. Are you kidding me? That's fucking embarrasing as shit. It's like saying there is some exclusionary elitist group of people only open to those who manage to eat a bowl of cereal.

You are just lazy. If you go into custom group, start a group, name it "Mythic runs everyone welcome". Bam! You have a full group within 5 seconds guaranteed! You are essentially bitching about having to click a few more times with your mouse and type a few words once a week and run to the instance portal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Perhaps MMO's are not the correct genre for you. Have you tried MOBAS or FPS?
    Unecessarily tolerating morons or being gated by them is the problem which has very little to do with what a MMO is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, not in the context of the game. Thats like saying achievements existing somehow means you're forced to get them all.
    Or you could go the other way and claim no one needs to do anything than stare at the character screen to play WoW. Obviously what we're discussing is a main part of the game to be played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Are you kidding me? That's fucking embarrasing as shit. It's like saying there is some exclusionary elitist group of people only open to those who manage to eat a bowl of cereal.
    If that was possible in WoW, the groups would have already made it a requirement in addition to the other demands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I'm actually against the LFD/RDF tool as a whole, but that is another discussion that has been going on for a long time. What somewhat irks me though is the notion or assumption that ANYONE would feel elitist/pro by being able to clear mythic0 legion dungeons without problems. Are you kidding me? That's fucking embarrasing as shit. It's like saying there is some exclusionary elitist group of people only open to those who manage to eat a bowl of cereal.

You are just lazy. If you go into custom group, start a group, name it "Mythic runs everyone welcome". Bam! You have a full group within 5 seconds guaranteed! You are essentially bitching about having to click a few more times with your mouse and type a few words once a week and run to the instance portal.
    JenniferLawrence.gif

Sorry, I just prefer automation on stuff that's not actually hard is all. Mythic+ should be the only mythic that requires set groups.

Playing a fucking videogame and being called lazy. OH MY LORDY, the good times are rolling in!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I've done plenty of mythics with pugs, and not once have I ever been asked for an achievement. They're the equivalent of Heroics from WoD for God's sake...

I don't know why you say you shouldn't see a 110 in normals. I didn't do any normals until after I hit 110 and still couldn't que for Heroics.
    I've done more of the Normal dungeons after hitting 110 than before. I have no interest in queueing for a random Heroic until I've done them all in Normal, to get a familiarity with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Because if people won't let him in their group, they will totally join his group.....
    Not the same people, obviously, but people will join. Helps if you gather a tank or healing friend, but it's dobable. Me and my wife formed groups for mythics at 812 i level. Went just fine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I've done more of the Normal dungeons after hitting 110 than before. I have no interest in queueing for a random Heroic until I've done them all in Normal, to get a familiarity with them.
    I would suggest at least that tanks do 1 run through on normal before running on heroic. It was pretty embarrassing for a tank in a heroic run of HoV about a week back, when he had no clue where to go, and was pulling every pack instead of skipping the ones that could be skipped. Eventually we asked him if he'd ever been there and he said no, so we told him to follow us. It worked out in the end, but I could see where other groups might have have been less understanding with him. Or maybe at a minimum watch a video of the runs to know where to go, so you aren't running all over the woods vs. Fenryr for example.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2016-09-14 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I've done plenty of mythics with pugs, and not once have I ever been asked for an achievement. They're the equivalent of Heroics from WoD for God's sake...
    If this is true then theirs no reason they can't be on lfd (as wod heroics were). It belies the developers comments that the mythic dungeons would be too challenging for group que as WoD dungeons featured them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    JenniferLawrence.gif

Sorry, I just prefer automation on stuff that's not actually hard is all. Mythic+ should be the only mythic that requires set groups.

Playing a fucking videogame and being called lazy. OH MY LORDY, the good times are rolling in!
    Automation on stuff that is not hard? Then we would have to automate 99% of the content in the game. Everything and anything that removes the need to interact with other people is making the game less of a MMO. (FFXIV does not feel like a MMO at all)

Yes, lazy. Let me put it this way. If you feel that Mythic not being in the LFD-tool is one of the concerns you have with the game that requires attention/discussion then your list of problems with WoW must be pretty fucking short. Why even complain? Very much "first world problems" in WoW if there ever was any.

Fortunately this is blizzards game and they said no. In fact they are making more mythic only dungeon you need to use group finder for with Kara.

Sucks to be you if you can't spend 5 minutes finding a group

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Why does the game feel so anti-social?
    Oh btw why can't I queue for everything so I can progress without saying a word?

I don't get it. Premades makes content so much more enjoyable. Adds an actual social aspect to it instead of "hi" and "thx"
    And the time to get started are most likely shorter than in a queue, for dps at least.

Premade group = people put some sort of effort to join = tighter knit group and much more likely to communicate, and when a wipe occurs they discuss tactics instead of toxic verbal shit and disbanding. Also there's a very real risk that having Mythic+0 on LFD would make the formation of Mythic+X groups less common. Not to mention that +X starts by using a keystone in +0...

You're only doing yourself a disservice by being stubborn and not joining groups in the Premade Group tool. Yes it can be daunting. Yes you need to be geared to get insta-invited. Be persistent if need be. But if all else fail, you make your own. Find a guildy or friend if you can't fill either healer/tank role. Maybe even be a bit nice and not only invite the highest-ilvl people that join, or you're just doing the same to others as what made you frustrated.

The game can't be designed around the socially anxious guildless dps with below entry-level gear.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I just loved doing mythics very early on, ilvl reqs where 815-820 and everybody was good because all the casual scrubs where still leveling up. Same deal with Arc/court later on. It was a delightful feeling having only good people in my groups.
    All I see now is "840+ bring a brain".
    Heheh, so much true. When, in several days after release I got ilvl 810, I queued for rheroics all groups were good and skilled - everyone knew where and how to skip packs. Just in a week rhcs became complete timewaste and wipefest. Now even Mythics with randoms is hard to do. Lol, as people get gear they become worse, funny.