Long-Forgotten Hippogryph. The hunt begins.

I love rare mounts. I have them all and as soon as I saw this one I just knew that I had to get it, I really like that they used the old model. So now that the mystery of how to get this mount has been solved a few days ago. I've been camping it since (on and off because I have other stuff to do irl). I have been running around Aszuna like crazy but have not seen one single crystal. I first thought I saw one, got really exited but it was not clickable.

I'm wondering if anyone here have seen them or already has the mount? Maybe you can post it here, time and realm etc (I am on Kazzak EU). So that we can help eachother. Myself have not really found good information about spawm timer yet.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by Valithyria; 2016-09-12 at 08:43 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    You got a link to the source of how to find this mount? I haven't seen anything yet.

I found most information here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=138258/r...gryph#comments, someone also linked the spawn points that are known so far idk if there are more.

Edit:
    And also on this site: http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-war...t-map-crystals
    Last edited by Valithyria; 2016-09-12 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    I think I'll wait until flying :P

I am really wondering how this is going to work with all the random cross server phasing going on. I get moved to new servers when I am just standing still and even sometimes while mid combat with a mob. I am really considering holding off on this farm until the CRZ "fixing" goes into effect later in the expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some checking in the zone and I never found a single crystal either, nor did I see any other players in the area looking.

Which leads me to think there's some hidden pre-requisite I have not satisfied, or bugs or who knows what else.

But like others, I don't know how this works with phasing. I, too, phase constantly, even during combat.

Deleted
    Found 5 crystals in last hour. Clicked 4 of them, but 5th wasn't clickable. Ran around zone several times but didn't find any other crystals. Does that mean I need to wait for respawn?

All 5 crystals were in places not mentioned on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Found 5 crystals in last hour. Clicked 4 of them, but 5th wasn't clickable. Ran around zone several times but didn't find any other crystals. Does that mean I need to wait for respawn?

All 5 crystals were in places not mentioned on wowhead.
    Crystals you can't click are either the ones you already clicked or crystals that are not related. If they despawned already (or someone else finished) you are basically in for a bad awakening, the spawn rate is HORRIBLE. Are you EU or US?
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2016-09-13 at 05:32 PM.

Are you sure the 5th one was one of them? I read on wowhead that they despawn when someone clicked the 5th and claimed their mount. And I've seen multiple people saying their crystal was not on the wowhead spawn point, I think it's just randomly so that we can't really camp at a certain spot. What server are you on? And where did you find them btw?
    Last edited by Valithyria; 2016-09-13 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithyria View Post
    I don't think so, are you sure the 5th one was one of them?
    Yep. Same model as others. Also in obscure location. But I couldn't click it.

Argent Dawn EU.

Coordinates:
    Code:
    /way Azsuna 37 21.61
    /way Azsuna 34.9 17.19
    /way Azsuna 52.1 17
    /way Azsuna 50 33.1
    /way Azsuna 51.3 76.6
    Third one in that list wasn't clickable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithyria View Post
    I love rare mounts. I have them all and as soon as I saw this one I just knew that I had to get it, I really like that they used the old model. So now that the mystery of how to get this mount has been solved a few days ago. I've been camping it since (on and off because I have other stuff to do irl). I have been running around Aszuna like crazy but have not seen one single crystal. I first thought I saw one, got really exited but it was not clickable.

I'm wondering if anyone here have seen them or already has the mount? Maybe you can post it here, time and realm etc (I am on Kazzak EU). So that we can help eachother. Myself have not really found good information about spawm timer yet.

Happy hunting!
    Any particular reason you like the old model?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Third one in that list wasn't clickable
    I know which one, do you mean the one at the tree? I think that one is part of a quest. Made my heart skip a beat everytime I see it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Any particular reason you like the old model?
    I have no idea why actually :P I still use my older hippogryphs. But, the newer models are really beautiful too. Flameward is still my favourite tho.