Deleted

Ignore Pain Vs Shield block

Is Ignore pain always to perfer to build stacks on?

No.

/thread
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Shield block has become THAT cheap that you're gimping yourself seriously when not using it to have max uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Shield block has become THAT cheap that you're gimping yourself seriously when not using it to have max uptime.
    This and Dragon Scales.

Deleted
    Aha, thought it was since it reduced against all type of dmg

worth it for the crit chance on ss and ultimatum procs alone. The Mitigation is a bonus

There is never a question: ignore pain vs shield block. Never, they work together, if your shield block is at 2 stacks and the boss is not casting, mobs arent stunned or something like that ( Wrath of Azshara for exemple), you are playing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Im no tank and only played prot while leveling so its most likely stats that does it, but i never had enough rage to use both. It was only ignore pain or shield bash. And ignore pain looked like it was the better choice all of the encounters i needed heavy survivability on

The short answer, no. The long answer, yes and no.

Basically, Ignore Pain is like a much bigger and better Shield Barrier from WoD, right? Shield Block is basically the same as it was. However, it's now dirt cheap, and you can get far higher uptime on it. So, if the boss is using literally any sort of melee attacks on you (ie, they aren't exclusively casting uninterruptable spells/un-lockout-able spells), then you should have Shield Block up as much as you can while tanking. At the same time, you should ALSO be using Ignore Pain. Shield Block reduces blockable attacks by 30/60%. This makes Ignore Pain last longer. So, if you were going to get hit for 1M, with a 2M IP active, but you get a critical block, that instead does 400k. So, instead of having 1M of IP left, you gete to have 1.6M left.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Im no tank and only played prot while leveling so its most likely stats that does it, but i never had enough rage to use both. It was only ignore pain or shield bash. And ignore pain looked like it was the better choice all of the encounters i needed heavy survivability on
    Any encounter that you "need high survivability on" is going to feed you enough rage to keep shield block up on top of ignore pain. For any encounter that you don't need high survivability on (i.e. one where your IP shield is not being immediately depleted), it still makes more sense to maintain shield block and simply refresh IP either when you can spend max rage on a Dragon Scales proc or whenever IP is about to fall off.

Dragon Scales and Scales of the Earth strongly incentivize maintaining 100% block at all times (so long as you are taking blockable attacks) through some combination of Shield Block and Neltharion's Fury. A gap in shield block uptime is a window where you are generating significantly fewer artifact procs, which is a serious strain on your mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Rage income scales with damage as well, tanks take no damage while leveling. Between better stats and taking real damage you'll have nice rage income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    The short answer, no. The long answer, yes and no.

Basically, Ignore Pain is like a much bigger and better Shield Barrier from WoD, right? Shield Block is basically the same as it was. However, it's now dirt cheap, and you can get far higher uptime on it. So, if the boss is using literally any sort of melee attacks on you (ie, they aren't exclusively casting uninterruptable spells/un-lockout-able spells), then you should have Shield Block up as much as you can while tanking. At the same time, you should ALSO be using Ignore Pain. Shield Block reduces blockable attacks by 30/60%. This makes Ignore Pain last longer. So, if you were going to get hit for 1M, with a 2M IP active, but you get a critical block, that instead does 400k. So, instead of having 1M of IP left, you gete to have 1.6M left.
    I see thanks