Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Which is why you don't use recount. Well one of several reasons. Use Skada or Details, they're both superior.
    Personally, I don't use any DPS meter; If I want to analyze something, I much prefer to just log it to WCL and be able to actually go through the data properly (a long with having a far smaller memory drain - having a combat log analyzer such as Skada, Details or Recount running real-time versus just reading the data from the combat log that is made *anyway*). It's fun to see if you're beating people on the fly, but ultimately probably not very relevant; I wouldn't use any of those three addons over actual logs, they simply don't provide as much information as I need if I want to analyze something.

I am curious what type of numbers when people say BM>MM for Mythic+. I got the 14 into BM, took it for a spin in heroics and found I couldn't come close to the DPS I can do in MM. Also for ST for boss fights, BM was like 100k or so and MM is 200k or so with my current gear.

I just wonder if we are talking for the average hunter here? I can really pull some good numbers as MM. It takes getting used to and setting up the shot, but packs don't fall that fast before I can get a couple good shots off and maybe a barrage.

I plan to just max my MM artifact. I am at 17 myself and 14BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I am curious what type of numbers when people say BM>MM for Mythic+. I got the 14 into BM, took it for a spin in heroics and found I couldn't come close to the DPS I can do in MM. Also for ST for boss fights, BM was like 100k or so and MM is 200k or so with my current gear.

I just wonder if we are talking for the average hunter here? I can really pull some good numbers as MM. It takes getting used to and setting up the shot, but packs don't fall that fast before I can get a couple good shots off and maybe a barrage.

You're doing something horribly wrong if your BM damage is that low compared to MM.

Deleted
    The only reason why I'll go BM in M+ is because of Sidewinders + Barrage accidents. For example, I've yet to find a method to do the Inquisitor inside the Warden-Vault without pulling the hounds on top of the stairs unless I deliberately ignore some of the adds he spawns and do 0 dmg on them due to how I have to position myself, so that I don't end up pulling adds. It's not only Barrage, but also Sidewinders that decide to hit stuff off screen sometimes.

I didn't try BM with 18Traits yet (even though I have it)... but BM without that trait is not really worth it for the pack/trash damage alone. MM AoE burst seems to be just as high or even higher for Mythic right now. I can pull 1,7m with MM on huge trashpacks, as BM *without stampede*, I can barely touch the 1m on the same pull and certain tanks. The thing is.. Trueshot is great for AoE too and I can kill the high-damage targets while doing good AoE at the same time.
    And I really doubt that I do something wrong as BM, since it's basically "use multi-shot and hit dire beast".

edit: I should mention that I have the Legendary ring for MM though... if it proccs it can get really nasty in terms of AoE dmg.

I am curious what type of numbers when people say BM>MM for Mythic+. I got the 14 into BM, took it for a spin in heroics and found I couldn't come close to the DPS I can do in MM. Also for ST for boss fights, BM was like 100k or so and MM is 200k or so with my current ge
    I saw a BM in Violet Hold once that did below 100k damage on a boss/ST and I've yet to understand how that is possible. Pressing Dire Beast and KC on CD should already yield more DPS than that in 805/815 gear.
    I end up with much bigger DPS numbers as MM too, but numbers like these are truely beyond me.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-19 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

BM is just better in dungeons. The AoE burst is on demand, you don't have to get lucky procs and you don't have to position yourself or ask the tank to move the mobs for barrage. Its not just a matter of which does more DPS, its just more convenient.

I get BM is more comfortable. I think maybe it is just working with it a bit to get numbers, and traits do matter. Eventually I will get there.

I have been using MM for so long that I think I am just more comfortable with how it plays and trueshot and knowing when to use it really does pump the numbers up.

Deleted
    you will get ever more from bm then since its a short cd getting shortened on the fly too