Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    In so far as the group finder is concerned, I do find it really amusing when someone writes in the description that it requires "840+" or something (just a blanket example), but when you look at the listing, it lists the minimum as something way lower (Which means whomever is hosting the group is way lower than the ilvl he's asking, but the LFG system doesn't let you require an item level higher than your own).

It's like they don't even know what they're doing.
    Oh, they know. They want to be carried.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    People getting so triggered in trade earlier its hilarious, some group was asking for 845+ for hc dungeon spam and they were all screaming and crying like little degenerate slackers they are

Like why the fk would you take an 815 shitter doing 150k dps vs an 850 doing 300k+
    Is it so hard to understand?

I ask for 840 in my mythic runs. Am I the bad guy here? I have 846 as do my running mates, why would we want to carry people who are lower?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

My only issues with ilvl requirements are two:
    - Leader asking for a certain ilvl requirement when they themselves do not meet the requirements.
    - Asking for a ilvl that is considerably a lot higher than the ilvl of the gear that drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    My only issues with ilvl requirements are two:
    - Leader asking for a certain ilvl requirement when they themselves do not meet the requirements.
    - Asking for a ilvl that is considerably a lot higher than the ilvl of the gear that drops.
    The Gear that drops can go up to over 850, Many people running it might not even have full 840 gear/relics. 840 is not "Considerably alot higher" When we start getting the 850+ or 860+ then i can agree to that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Have fun being a virgin!

INFRACTION
    This is why I don't take casuals seriously. All you do is insult anybody better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    Ilvl requirements should reflect the content that is being run. In trade chat that is not always the case. That is why players might get upset in trade chat. -Happy to answer your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I ask for 840 in my mythic runs. Am I the bad guy here? I have 846 as do my running mates, why would we want to carry people who are lower?
    That's one of the questions i wanted to have awnsered when i made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    People get mad, because some people set the item lvl requirement insanely high! 845 minimum for an instance, which drops base item-lvl 840..... It makes it hard for people to gear up in instances, when some groups nearly require raiding gear for entry.

Ofcourse people just make their own groups and the problem is solved, but it is painfull when you really just want to join a group as an 835 character and see "require 840+ minimum! Don't be noob!".
    This is really what it boils down to.

Basically, you're taking a dungeon that has an ilvl requirement of 810 to get into, set by Blizzard, and going, "No, that's not good enough for me, I demand higher!"

We're two weeks into the expansion, unrealistic expectations on things shouldn't exist, and those people really need to remove themselves from the LFG tool if they are expecting those. You want your perfect, flawless run on an 810 ilvl dungeon where everyone already has 840+? Find a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yes, you are. Heroics drop 825 gear. 840+ gear comes from Mythics. To expect people to be geared from Mythics before even stepping into Mythics is just stupid, if not more. Apparently you and your running mates are forgetting that you did Mythics at a lower ilvl to get into the gear you're currently in. Did someone carry you? Guess they didn't want to do that either, but they did.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-09-14 at 04:35 PM.

My biggest problem is that having a legendary inflates your ilvl by like 3-4, so pure RNG lets you get into groups. Its like finding the golden ticket to getting into the chocolate factory, while the plebs sit outside watching.

Flak comes because of two different mentalities in game.

On one hand you have the core raider types. "I want a good team, so I can dominate". And there's nothing wrong with that, it is definitely some of the most fun to be had in game is when you can do that, especially after having already gone through the next type.

Which is everyone else doing it for gear. When you're coming at it with the mentality that the sole purpose is to grab a few new pieces of gear, and not trying to burn through 3 or 4 an hour, a few ilvls feels like such an arbitrary barrier. Especially when there are quests sending you to mythic, and there is no magic button to find a group, actually being told no can feel like a slap in the face.

I've been on both sides of it. Seen the "A" team in raids get like liquefied, because the other raid wasn't happy they couldn't progress as quickly. And been on that "B" team, where we literally did not have the tools to down the bosses, and had to rely on a couple heavy hitters to jump hop in out of the goodness of their hearts to help us push through the last 10%. (Or be a less squishy meat shield).

The B team always ends up seeing the other as the elitists, just because they are able to enjoy the game at a different level and their not included in it.

It's probably just amplified because its expansion release and the general mentality is, "well everyone needs gear right?"

Ilvl is important to a degree but not nearly as important as the skill of the individual. You should know this by now. Example: Brazilian players that have retarded good ilvl but can't play for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post

Basically, you're taking a dungeon that has an ilvl requirement of 810 to get into, set by Blizzard, and going, "No, that's not good enough for me, I demand higher!"
    Yes, because me and my friends have put in the hours and have the ilvl, we want smooth fast runs for ourselves. We make the group, we make the rules on who we bring.

We could bring an 820, but why bring 20s when there are plenty of 40s? The GF is there for the 20s too, they can make groups.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    These pictures are the reason why i ask for high ilvl for mythics.. http://imgur.com/a/Ihd6H

Just came back from doing a heroic Lair and these are the dps meters for the 2 last bosses http://imgur.com/a/Ihd6H (I'm the purple DH) The Warrior (Brown) was the tank, People in low ilvl have abyssmal DPS compared to me, and i don't want to "Boost" them. I want everyone to pull their own weight, not 1 person doing the majority of the dmg.
    100k or so is about right for someone just getting into heroics. Less for some specs.

I mean, it's cool to pretend that by "boosting" them you're somehow hitting your buttons harder, but that isn't how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    If you're doing more DPS @820 than 840 you're doing something wrong. A 20ilvl jump in not so ideal stats is going to do more DPS in almost all cases.
    I'm morely referring to many DPS classes who aren't doing so hot in comparison to others. Like, a DH will have no issue at all. I main one rn, and in my last heroic (at around 827 ilvl) I out dpsed a frost DK at 840+ by a large margin. When you look at overall dps in comparison to one another in the group in a heroic, rather than a mythic, the gap is a lot smaller when the item levels are closer together.

Basically what I'm saying is that a full grp of 820s would clear a heroic more efficiently, than a group of 840s would a mythic, because people cbf to gear properly.

Deleted
    A lot of socials and filthy casuals slack off for the first 2 weeks and cry when their ilvl is pathetically low at like 820 and they cant get into mythics to get boosted. They just need to learn their place in the food chain. Take an 820 bad casual player or an 840 better player which hasn't slacked off for 2 weeks

I only laugh when a mythic lfm wants 840+ ppl only. Which being I'm 844 I'm not too worried about it but I still think its funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post

We're two weeks into the expansion, unrealistic expectations on things shouldn't exist, and those people really need to remove themselves from the LFG tool if they are expecting those. You want your perfect, flawless run on an 810 ilvl dungeon where everyone already has 840+? Find a guild.

Yes, you are. Heroics drop 825 gear. 840+ gear comes from Mythics. To expect people to be geared from Mythics before even stepping into Mythics is just stupid, if not more. Apparently you and your running mates are forgetting that you did Mythics at a lower ilvl to get into the gear you're currently in. Did someone carry you? Guess they didn't want to do that either, but they did.
    My friends and I stepped in at 820, when 820 was still high, and we worked up. We put in the time to get gear, now we have it. We are all after 1 or 2 pieces from any given instance, we look for high ilvls for 3 reasons. To be able to trade gear with people who will likely not need it, to ensure some experience in mythics and to go fast.

Nothing stops you 20s from starting your own groups. There are lots of 20s who would join.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The fact that most of the community thinks/acts this way is exactly why I quit the game altogether before.
    Its also the reason I don't pug unless I absolutely have to. Because when you play with good players its horrible to go back and end up with terrible casual and social players

Never did understand the people who complain about it. I make/fillup groups for mythics with mostly 840+ Gear requirement, not to make u feel bad if u don't have it, just because i will likely be much faster. Also the Players has by then most likely cleared some mythics and know what to do. We don't hate people without the gear/exp, it's just that we want geared people as we expect them to perform good. Well, for sure we have and had a guild group in that we gear up ourselfes, i think all people that complain about it should make their own and do the same.

There is not a single point to complain about people that make their own rules, in their groups.