Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PunisherV20 View Post
    Like many other people said, if you start the group it's your right to ask whatever ilvl you want. I mean can you imagine spending an extra 5 minutes or, mother of Christ, 10 minutes in a mythic?! OH THE HUMANITY!!!! You Sir(s) are saints among men. It's ilvl 900+ or GTFO
    What a sore attitude. Point me one thing wrong in people wanting to play with others who all saw the effort to gear up fast to enjoy fast runs? Make your own group and have lower ilevel requirements, where exactly is the problem? You act like a spoiled kid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PunisherV20 View Post
    Like many other people said, if you start the group it's your right to ask whatever ilvl you want. I mean can you imagine spending an extra 5 minutes or, mother of Christ, 10 minutes in a mythic?! OH THE HUMANITY!!!! You Sir(s) are saints among men. It's ilvl 900+ or GTFO
    I would rather wait 30min more to find a better player so we can save 10min in the run.

Why? Because playing with someone so slow that add 10min in the run makes me want to stab someone in the eyeball, whereas wait around for 30min doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I would rather wait 30min more to find a better player so we can save 10min in the run.

Why? Because playing with someone so slow that add 10min in the run makes me want to stab someone in the eyeball, whereas wait around for 30min doesn't.
    Well if they're a bad player with a worse attitude I agree. But I don't mind partially carrying someone in the hope that they pay it forward if/when the situation arises. I just find it a better feeling to help someone and have them genuinely appreciate it rather then "L2P scrub" then kick from group.

I'm sorry, did I or did I not say it's his group and can set whatever requirements he wants? My post was extremely sarcastic, thought that would be apparent with the 900+ ilvl requirement. Like I said in the post to the other guy, I have no problem helping people, that's what this game is supposed to be about. My problem is elitists turning their nose at everyone that doesn't play the way they do. You never know what kind of play a person will try into if you help them down the correct path.

Edit: man Firefox sucks or my tablet is just garbage. Anyway, this post was a response @Machine.
    Last edited by PunisherV20; 2016-09-15 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They feel left out and think it's unfair and elitistic.
    People are like that.

It doesn't matter what the purpose is.
    If you tell someone you're looking for a group - but excuse me, not you, you or you at the back there. Nope, no way Jose - but you with all those shiny toys, I'll take you!

The people you don't pick might be a bit upset. They want those shiny toys as well.
    Nothing more to it.
    What about the mentality behind "be as good as possible and know everything about this content we're doing or fuck off"? What about legacy raids in group finder that say "level 110 only"? There is an elitist bullshit attitude behind this sweeping lack of willingness to allow people room to grow and learn.

Deleted
    as long as enough people sign up to my dung grp with 840 ilvl req, i have no reason to lower it.

its not my job to carry random people i dont know.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2016-09-15 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    What about the mentality behind "be as good as possible and know everything about this content we're doing or fuck off"? What about legacy raids in group finder that say "level 110 only"? There is an elitist bullshit attitude behind this sweeping lack of willingness to allow people room to grow and learn.
    WoW isn't a game anymore where it's required to think of the community and to give them room to grow and learn, that stopped being a thing sometime during TBC when time investment was trivialized and further with cross realms

in other words, nobody gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because finding yourself in the Premade version of "Need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience." isn't very enjoyable.
    You don't need experience to start your own group with the tag "First timers welcome"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they've never lead a pug raid before.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    841 is "low" and will make a 5-man tuned for 820 or lower "difficult" and "slow".

It's amazing that some people will continue to argue with me about the nature of the community when the thread is full of views like this.
    You're missing the point. When I say "841 is low" is has absolutely zero to do with what the dungeon is tuned for. It has to do with what you are at compared to everyone else. When a group leader, looking for a dps to fill a spot, sees 15 people at 848 and then you at 841, do you honestly think there's a snowball's chance in hell that you will get the invite? No way. But it's not that 841 is low for the dungeon. It's that there's multiple signups by people who have better gear.

That's just how MMO's work. If you don't like it, make your own group. That's *always* been the right answer to this "problem."

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    That's just how MMO's work. If you don't like it, make your own group. That's *always* been the right answer to this "problem."
    Making your own group has never been the right answer to the problem. You just end up with a whole bunch of people all looking for members. Especially if you're a dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Making your own group has never been the right answer to the problem. You just end up with a whole bunch of people all looking for members. Especially if you're a dps.
    dps/healer/tank ratio has nothing to do with ilvl requirements tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Of course there is. People are like that. As spieces, we thrive on putting everyone and everthing else below us, pushing them into the mud. The Internet isn't any different, it just gives everyone a chance to pretend to be the alpha male.

Deleted
    You nailed a bit better then me what i was trying to say.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's the dilemma. What else do you judge by?

I don't really blame the community as much as I do Blizzard for putting the number EVERYWHERE now.
    The real dilemma is (imo) that anyone is reduced to numbers at all caused by the whole cross realm shit. Back before this was a thing, you could judge players solely by their names' reputation, no numbers needed. You simply knew which were the good players that were a benefit for your group, and you knew which players or guilds were to avoid.

But, yes, nowadays raw numbers are the only thing you can judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    This seriously isn't true anymore. You can get 830 gear quite easily just doing world quests.
    While I agree with you, requirement is inflating quickly and 830 was last week. Now the reasons are between 840 and 850. Let's be honest, WQ won't get you there quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    While I agree with you, requirement is inflating quickly and 830 was last week. Now the reasons are between 840 and 850. Let's be honest, WQ won't get you there quickly.
    Doesnt matter at all anymore because come next week the usual ilevel req for mythic will become 870. Possibly with normal EM achi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    This attitude and arrogance goes really great with..

...how badly you got owned here. Do you feel like commenting on this?
    Euh, not sure what there is to comment on?

Me calling him out on (very likely) lying on the internet?

Me saying that on average people who play the game more and in a more hardcore fashion are better at the game?

Really not sure what you are getting at.

I'm not "missing the point", you just literally changed the entire point of what I replied to.

I said nothing about comparing an 848 to an 841. I addressed the statement that "841 is low" and will make the instance "slow" and "difficult".

Seriously, don't completely change the topic just so you can say I missed the point.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true. 841 is low compared to everyone else at 848, and the instance will be slower and more difficult with an 841 compared to an 848 (assuming equal skill, which can't be predicted in group finder). Those are facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true. 841 is low compared to everyone else at 848, and the instance will be slower and more difficult with an 841 compared to an 848 (assuming equal skill, which can't be predicted in group finder). Those are facts.
    It would take 1 minute longer maybe? Terrible. We don't have time for that!