Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.1 Frost changes

Good changes? Is that what Frost needed to be brought closer to Fire?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Literally nothing changed so far, just hotfixes applied. Give it time.

ETA: Okay no, I take it back, the 4p bonus got doubled. So instead of 0.3% it might be 0.45%.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-09-14 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Well combustion is looking to get a huge bash with the nerf bat. So that might even things out. No more 100% crit. And only one charge of fireblast... I don't like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheph View Post
    Well combustion is looking to get a huge bash with the nerf bat. So that might even things out. No more 100% crit. And only one charge of fireblast... I don't like this.
    Untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Frost get buffed decently. Can someone copypaste everything? Im on mobile.tyvm
    Literally no non-tier bonus things changed.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheph View Post
    wth are you talking about? they just changed off gcd to castable while casting other spells
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    But what about the rest? 30% on flurry and more brain freeze proc?????
    Hotfixes being applied to base spell data. Nothing has bloody changed.

Almost everything listed in "spell changes" for every class is just hotfixes that are already live.
    Hotfixes don't update spell tooltips, full patches do. Every patch from now on is going to feature a big list of things that have actually already happened.

Deleted
    Yeah, you guys are just reading too much into tooltip changes, nothing real has actually happened yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Untrue.

Literally no non-tier bonus things changed.

Yeah, just checked on PTR myself, nothing have changed. I must suck at reading spellchanges.

Combustion (New) Combustion grants you Mastery equal to your Critical Strike stat. Mage - Fire Spec.
    Combustion Arcane, Frost: Engulfs you in flames for 10 sec, increasing your critical strike chance by 100%. Castable while casting other spells. Fire: Engulfs you in flames for 10 sec, increasing your critical strike chance by 100% and granting you Mastery equal to your Critical Strike stat. Unaffected by the global cooldown and castable while casting Castable while casting other spells. Mage - Fire Spec. 10% of Base Mana. Instant. 2 min cooldown.
    Critical Mass Multiplies the critical strike chance of your Fireball, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.3. Mage - Fire Spec. 1.1. Mage - Fire Spec.
    Fire Blast (New) Fire Blast now has 2 charges. Mage - Fire Spec.
    Fire Blast (New) Fire Blast always deals a critical strike. Mage - Fire Spec.
    It says 0% crit when hovering over the spell changes in the notes. But can't upload to imgur to show it as imgur is slow today.

Ya you guys are redonkulous, nothing changed. Those changes are already live on the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, I'm actually wrong. BF has a 30% damage mod on it. Hell yes 2% ST gain!

Still awaiting proper hotfixes.

Deleted
    Oh man, I'm actually wrong. BF has a 30% damage mod on it. Hell yes 2% ST gain!

Still awaiting proper hotfixes.
    What do you think the chances are of frost getting hotfix buffs before Emerald Nightmare?

Hotfixes being applied to base spell data. Nothing has bloody changed.
    Aside from tier bonuses, pretty much this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey922 View Post
    What do you think the chances are of frost getting hotfix buffs before Emerald Nightmare?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The team is targeting a set of tweaks for right before raids open to bring up under performing specs without being too disruptive to the hierarchy of specs.
    0%. Definitely 0%.

Does Frost have Fire Blast again or is that an error?

Deleted
    And they shouldnt. With 99.99% of mages playing and investing into Fire, a sudden buff and even viability shift right before the raids start would fuck over most of the mage community
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2016-09-15 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    @Heretias
    Read the Bluepost again, Kuni posted. They will tune up underperforming speccs, without changing the specc hierarchy. If fire stays theoretically the best specc - and it will - noone feels like he has to change. But if they bring Frost+Arcane to the 5% difference mark a lot of people will be happy to be able to not play fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    @Heretias
    Read the Bluepost again, Kuni posted. They will tune up underperforming speccs, without changing the specc hierarchy. If fire stays theoretically the best specc - and it will - noone feels like he has to change. But if they bring Frost+Arcane to the 5% difference mark a lot of people will be happy to be able to not play fire.
    I know that, just wanted to say its the right descision theyve made. Sure, bringing up arcane and frost closer to fires lvl would be great. I just wouldnt expect too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    I know that, just wanted to say its the right descision theyve made. Sure, bringing up arcane and frost closer to fires lvl would be great. I just wouldnt expect too much.
    You are right in the sense that they will bring up the lower spec. And this is good right now because fire is not THAT strong overall. It might be the strongest Mage DPS specc but compared to other classes is not THAT good.

So they will bring up frost and arcane (which is good because they are quite low overall). Their intention is to bring them up to around 5% mark. Ok.

What I doubt is the will be able to. They are never really able to balance things out so well. So im guessing if they buff them or either they do something ridicolous and nothings changes. Or they buff quite a lot and one of those 2 becomes par or even stronger than fire. They have NEVER been that good at balance to make it into a 5%.

Deleted
    I swear if they deem fire "OP" and nerf it simply because of the number of mages speccing into it, I will lose all my hope in their capability to look into game design flaws.

Fire is VERY normal right now, one of the most balanced specs I'd say in terms of AoE and ST damage output. The problem is Arcane and Frost UNDERperforming. Hope they're smart enough to see it the way it is and not gut every mage out there.