Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So I have scorch belt and bl ring. Ain't so bad at all. Would probably rather get helm instead of bracers at this point because of m+.

I do have around 250 m+ completed in time, most of those 3 chest, and from my experience I could expect another one every 100 m+, or every 3 weeks if I still play as much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    So I have scorch belt and bl ring. Ain't so bad at all. Would probably rather get helm instead of bracers at this point because of m+.

I do have around 250 m+ completed in time, most of those 3 chest, and from my experience I could expect another one every 100 m+, or every 3 weeks if I still play as much.
    I still find it hard to believe that the scoch "execute" is a dps gain. Sure, it sims that way, but in practice I only noticed drops; it hits less than fb and barely crits.

I wonder if the legendary neck will be worth equipping after these buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that the scoch "execute" is a dps gain. Sure, it sims that way, but in practice I only noticed drops; it hits less than fb and barely crits.

I wonder if the legendary neck will be worth equipping after these buffs.
    if scorch during execute hits for less than FB then you're doing it wrong coz im seeing 10-15% more dmg from scorch during execute, not counting the faster cast time, and it has the exact same crit coz it is affected by CM as well afaik, it also has the added effect of noy having travel time AND can be casted while moving and a trait that further increases its movement speed, potentially making the executes less hectic

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    The ring makes it so that YOUR time warp does not cause temporal displacement on you, and ignores the effects of temporal displacement. You can cast it 3x per fight assuming it is +5 minutes.

1:Cast your timewarp on pull, you do not get displacement.
    2:Use drums when timewarp wears off, you now gain displacement. (Again, ideally you want someone else to use hero)
    3:Five minutes later your timewarp comes off cd. You use it, it ignores displacement.

I save the second hero for my second combust. I have the final hero for the last few minutes of the fight, based on bosses hp; I postpone it to line up with my final combust, or use it early with just my rune.
    Sadly some fights just gimp this ring by nature. While there are some fights you lust on pull there are plenty that you don't so you sit on the benefit for your ring the entire fight.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    if scorch during execute hits for less than FB then you're doing it wrong coz im seeing 10-15% more dmg from scorch during execute, not counting the faster cast time, and it has the exact same crit coz it is affected by CM as well afaik, it also has the added effect of noy having travel time AND can be casted while moving and a trait that further increases its movement speed, potentially making the executes less hectic
    Critical Mass has nothing to do with it, it's all about EP that doesn't work with Scorch, which basically protects us from bad-luck non-crit streaks. Kindling doesn't either.

The lack of travel time is actually a bad thing unless you're standing in melee range. You do know why we cast PB right after FB right?

You're right about scorch hitting (slightly) harder; 142k average vs 127k average.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-11-15 at 02:57 PM.

im having a issue now with the ilvl upgrade and how people see me as a dpser.... my ilvl is 880 becuz i have boots and necklace.. but i dont wear either as a fire mage becuz my other gear is better.. i lose almost 5% crit when they r equiped.. so when im in a 5 man doin 300k dps i get teabagged cuz im not doin 500k like the guy with bracers and ring.. fml.. plz remove or give everyone bis to play with as they see fit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Critical Mass has nothing to do with it, it's all about EP that doesn't work with Scorch, which basically protects us from bad-luck non-crit streaks. Kindling doesn't either.

The lack of travel time is actually a bad thing unless you're standing in melee range. You do know why we cast PB right after FB right?

You're right about scorch hitting (slightly) harder; 142k average vs 127k average.
    Let's not forget the artifact talents (Fireball Cast time, Fireball damage) that Scorch doesn't benefit from.

I too have a hard time believing that it's a DPS gain in any way. It's nice for the movement and that's about it.

I just got my first legendary from the mythic chest in my class hall. It was the DB head legendary. Was hoping for the bracers or the ring, but I guess it's better than having none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    I just got my first legendary from the mythic chest in my class hall. It was the DB head legendary. Was hoping for the bracers or the ring, but I guess it's better than having none.
    The DB one is one of the 3 best. Your whining is insulting to everyone with less luck than you had.

Boo hoo I didn't get the very best one boo hoo.

I didn't get the very best one, either. In fact I got 2 shitty ones that - at best - are power neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    The DB one is one of the 3 best. Your whining is insulting to everyone with less luck than you had.

I didn't get the very best one, either. In fact I got 2 shitty ones that - at best - are power neutral.
    What? He didn't even whine ...

I'm the saltiest fuck on the planet and even I'm not bothered by that post. I have 24 days played and zero equipable legendaries, and what he said literally doesn't bother me at all.

Don't be a dick for no reason.

What whining exactly? it sounds like you are whining that you didn't get what you wanted.

Maybe if you weren't such an asshole, you would have better luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What? He didn't even whine ...
    How is "But I guess it's better than none" in any way an appropriate, non whiny reaction to getting the third best legendary?

How is "But I guess it's better than none" in any way an appropriate, non whiny reaction to getting the third best legendary?
    I didn't know that it was the 3rd best when I got it. Now that I do, I am very gratefull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    I didn't know that it was the 3rd best when I got it. Now that I do, I am very gratefull.
    Congratz then! And now cross your fingers that the upcoming changes to legendaries won't make it the 3rd worst instead

Deleted
    Current PTR legs changes so far

Fire Bracers nerfed to 200%
    Scorch belt-Scorch now 100% crit when target is below 25%
    Neck-Every 30s get a 30% Max hp shield
    CC Ring-25% Haste for 10s
    Boots................JK no changes FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!!!

The belt got a huge improvement. Now it's actually usable when the enemy is below 25%. That'll be nice.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    The belt got a huge improvement. Now it's actually usable when the enemy is below 25%. That'll be nice.
    Waiting for someone to do the math on it, but to me it doesn't seem like a huge increase. Scorch hits next to nothing and isn't affected by kindling..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherius View Post
    Waiting for someone to do the math on it, but to me it doesn't seem like a huge increase. Scorch hits next to nothing and isn't affected by kindling..
    Pyro is tho and you will be throwing out more of them with the belt, so defo a good improvement. Though i agree math will tell in the end.

So with the nerf to bracers, have we changed the BIS ranking.
    Helm (with talent) > Bracers > Ring > Belt?

Unpopular opinion here....the bracers needed the nerf and I hope it sticks. I personally play to get the best out of my abilities. I'm never pleased unless I'm competing against the best as far as dps. So when I go to warcraftlogs and every single mage at the top is using bracers, which I dont have due to complete RNG then yes its a problem. Without a targeted legendary system having class changing items be left up to blind RNG is absolutely insane game design.

Now as far as the class being gutted in 7.1.5 thats a seperate discussion.