Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    It still randomly loses progress.

Such a great way to get a hidden skin! /s
    I've never lost progress in the last three weeks, I got two screeches post hostix and they still show up as true.

Agree about the second point though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    I've never lost progress in the last three weeks, I got two screeches post hostix and they still show up as true.

Agree about the second point though...
    And I have personally lost progress. Got a screech, touched stone, confirmed quest flag true. Next day flag was false. *shrug* Maybe it was a one time thing, but I wouldn't know because I have yet to get a screech since then.

And yes, this was after the supposed "fix".
    Last edited by xerus; 2016-10-12 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    finally got my first screech since fix lol, and it was hinterlands and took forever to find
    Me too! o: Luckily managed to find it before I had to go to work.

I've lost progress as well, but I believe it was before the update. I think it was more because I touched the stone out of cat form.

I will say however that I have not gotten a screech in over a week. Is there any data on whether this is a daily reset, weekly reset, or possibly a timer? Any ideas as to when on my server that I can get the emote?

I got mine today, and here are what I was confused about before.

1- You just need to touch the stone once (it doesn't reset weekly or anything since I touched the first stone last week), and that's it (some of the stones i got isn't on the coordination that are here) so search until you find it.

2- Once you touched all the stones, you will find an NPC in the portals place(dreamwalk), you target him and do "/sit" then you get your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by halflaloafofkungfu View Post
    Are you sure you are AK4? How long have you been at AK4? and.....How how the hell do you do mythic+ at 780ilvl?
    I was referring to the campion in the class hall browell, got him to 780. The event trigger after I left the order hall for mythic after getting AK lvl 4 in this order. Brower 780 IL, Ak4, leave, then port back to dreamway

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    I´m at lvl 8 AK, 877ilvl of Fangs. started doing it 3 days ago (Tuesday), first got Duskwoond, very easy to find. Then Hinterlands... pain in the ass... today i´ve recieved no screech. I´ll try tommorow, but if as you say 3rd one doesn´t show up...

Alright so im AK8. I have 2 of the 3 stones touched (had 3 duskwood, 1 feralas, 1 in hinterlands but stone never showed up and GM confirmed it was bugged at the time). I haven't received a screech in probably a week now, however /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326) (daily dreamway event roll) comes back as true (and has for the past few days), while the dump commands for if the stones are active all come back as false.

Any thoughts? Or is it meant to be this frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewi the Druid View Post
    Alright so im AK8. I have 2 of the 3 stones touched (had 3 duskwood, 1 feralas, 1 in hinterlands but stone never showed up and GM confirmed it was bugged at the time). I haven't received a screech in probably a week now, however /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326) (daily dreamway event roll) comes back as true (and has for the past few days), while the dump commands for if the stones are active all come back as false.

Any thoughts? Or is it meant to be this frustrating.
    When the dreamway event returns true it means you won't get a screech that day, so that's normal.

16 days without a screech now, with doing the command every day to make sure I didn't miss it. All 3 is active notes showing false. Starting to think I'll hit a month. If I do, that's when a GM ticket goes in. No one's RNG should be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shewolves View Post
    I'm still waiting.. It still acknowledges that I've clicked Hinterlands and Feralas stones from weeks back.. I just need Duskwood. I'm getting pretty frustrated that my third screech is non existent after all this time.

Are people logging in at the same time to hear the screech? Or is it whenever? I've tried mornings, I've tried afternoons and I've tried evenings.. Nadda.
    Finally got my third screech last night. Hidden artifact attained.

Good luck to those who are still waiting on screeches.

Haven't been able to play in ~4 days due to net being out for the last week but in the weeks since reset I've had only one screech (Duskwood, which I actually had before the reset so.. thanks blizz). AK7 (would be 8 if I had been able to play and get some order resources, basically tethered my phone to check the event). RNG hates me I think.

I got it! Finally.

Good luck to everyone else, it looks pretty cool and have gotten a few compliments already!

I've caught up on the thread and have a theory, based on these observations:

- People who are in the dreamway at reset, or who login shortly after reset, get their screeches with better reliability.

- People can go weeks without getting any screeches. There's enough reports of this that it casts doubt on the theory that there's just an X% roll per day. I believe there is an additional factor that favors low time since reset.

- Some people had been getting screeches semi-reliably before 9/27, and not since then, which suggests a factor which is new.

Here's my theory. Before 9/27 there was a gating mechanism in place, who knows what, that was intended to throttle the rate at which people could achieve the skin. This would keep the appearance rare and cool for longer instead of going from nonexistent to common ~6 days after widespread AK4 (Assuming 50% roll.) Whatever that mechanism was, it was bugged and preventing too many people from finishing so they put in a new one on 9/27: only N people on a server can get a screech on a day. If you hit the Dreamway after N screeches have been given out, you don't get a roll or auto-fail it or your roll is ignored.

This theory explains all three observations above. Of course you can get any outcome from RNG, but the more evidence there is of a trend, the less likely pure RNG is the explanation.

What to do:

- If you haven't gotten screeches in a long time, tell us what time you've first been hitting the dreamway each day.

- When you do get a screech, what time was it? (Server)

- Try to hit the Dreamway soon after reset. Keep a log of these attempts -- if this theory is right then our success/fail right after reset is the roll%.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Deleted
    Wait so I don't understand. The command
    /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326) (Is supposed to show if you had your screetch.
    But it returns value true or false?
    What do they mean?
    True = It's been and you missed it?
    False = You can still get it today?

Or
    True = You could possibly get it but you might have missed it
    False = Wont spawn today?

I'm one of those that got the first screech the day after they fixed the bug, then nothing.... until Sunday night around 1am ET when I was in Dalaran and decided to port back one more time (I've been porting back there as much as possible) before bed. Got the screech! Woke up Monday, came home from work around 11am, was still in the dreamway so I portaled to my garrison and back to the dreamway and bam, third screech and done! Two in a row, no special server reset or anything. Although, 11am is when the dailies are reset, if that's anything.

There's an alternative version of this skin that says 100 dungeons done with the hidden skin, does that mean Legion dungeons or any dungeon? It didn't specify... I'm kind of hoping it's any dungeon, any level because then I can go back to farming Stonecore for the stupid mount that seems to not exist for me and get it that way. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    16 days without a screech now, with doing the command every day to make sure I didn't miss it. All 3 is active notes showing false. Starting to think I'll hit a month. If I do, that's when a GM ticket goes in. No one's RNG should be that bad.
    Same here, before the "fix" went live I had screeches on a daily basis. After it went live, zero screeches whatsoever. Opening tickets doesn't help anything, trust me I've tried. Always the same copy/paste answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    I've caught up on the thread and have a theory, based on these observations:

- People who are in the dreamway at reset, or who login shortly after reset, get their screeches with better reliability.

- People can go weeks without getting any screeches. There's enough reports of this that it casts doubt on the theory that there's just an X% roll per day. I believe there is an additional factor that favors low time since reset.

- Some people had been getting screeches semi-reliably before 9/27, and not since then, which suggests a factor which is new.

Here's my theory. Before 9/27 there was a gating mechanism in place, who knows what, that was intended to throttle the rate at which people could achieve the skin. This would keep the appearance rare and cool for longer instead of going from nonexistent to common ~6 days after widespread AK4 (Assuming 50% roll.) Whatever that mechanism was, it was bugged and preventing too many people from finishing so they put in a new one on 9/27: only N people on a server can get a screech on a day. If you hit the Dreamway after N screeches have been given out, you don't get a roll or auto-fail it or your roll is ignored.

This theory explains all three observations above. Of course you can get any outcome from RNG, but the more evidence there is of a trend, the less likely pure RNG is the explanation.

What to do:

- If you haven't gotten screeches in a long time, tell us what time you've first been hitting the dreamway each day.

- When you do get a screech, what time was it? (Server)

- Try to hit the Dreamway soon after reset. Keep a log of these attempts -- if this theory is right then our success/fail right after reset is the roll%.
    If this is true, then I'm doomed due to work. I doubt Blizzard is so daft they would put in something like that, although it wouldn't be the first time I was disappointed in their stupidity.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by ramsam View Post
    Wait so I don't understand. The command
    /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326) (Is supposed to show if you had your screetch.
    But it returns value true or false?
    What do they mean?
    True = It's been and you missed it?
    False = You can still get it today?

Or
    True = You could possibly get it but you might have missed it
    False = Wont spawn today?
    "True" means that the chance of a screech has been rolled out and you have to wait until next day for a new chance.

so basically you get the screech then find the stone in the corresponding portal x3 and thats it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless