Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I kind of expect Veressa to take a more submissive role now, most likely while getting yelled by the BE for the massacre of innocents in Dalaran and she should stay quiet and just look down (out of shame), that would give her some nice character development (Seen how she acted when she was blinded by hatred)

As a main Blood Elf Hunter player, i feel you
    They've never changed dialogue based on race except in really, REALLY rare circumstances like Cho and Trolls. My worgen takes orders from an undead, so :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... i actually like her as an Asshole, she makes me think of the DnD paladin, i mean... Lawful Good, doesn't mean nice, i can be an Asshole that works for the greatest god of all that's good (and still be seen as Evil)
    I do too, really. That's how she was from the start and that's how I'll always think of her.

If there another player outcry and Blizzard nerfs her to be all sweet again, I'll be pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    For all the huge implications about Elune that are coming out these days, where she's basically the one true goddess of all of WoW that the Army of Light will be serving under, and is the origin of all the Light that all races use, so humans technically worship Elune, Dwarves, Gnomes, Trolls (now that I guess they've converted to Naaru-ism in the priest order hall), Tauren (since the UVG basically said that the Tauren are completely wrong and An'she doesn't exist, nor has he ever existed at all ever), Orcs (since their ancestors were only accessible because a dying naaru was leeching on their spirits to keep itself alive), Blood Elves, Forsaken Light-worshippers, Worgen, Draenei, Goblins I guess, Pandaren, and Night Elves, Blizzard is doing a really good job of making it impossible to take Tyrande seriously and see passed the rabid xenophobic racism.

For the speaker of the one true unifying goddess of WoW, Tyrande really seems to be incredibly intolerant and full of hatred.

It's almost like she's a false prophetess, or whatever the implications of being Elune's chosen scion on Azeroth are.

She's exactly like the Scarlet Crusade in her approach to her religion.
    That's why the idea of Elune is stupid and Blizzard is chock full of shit by making her essentially the One-Above-All. Tyrande is communicating with the supreme being of the universe this entire time and all the other races are wrong with their religion or subservient to Elune. What a load of shit, I liked it better when Elune was theorized as a Moon Goddess of Azeroth. How the hell did the Night Elves correctly guess the universe's divine authority was a female named Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They've never changed dialogue based on race except in really, REALLY rare circumstances like Cho and Trolls. My worgen takes orders from an undead, so :/
    They may take order for an Undead, that doesn't mean that they are comfortable with it, He/she may do it with a really bad attitude (like when you force a child to clean its room)

That's why the idea of Elune is stupid and Blizzard is chock full of shit by making her essentially the One-Above-All. Tyrande is communicating with the supreme being of the universe this entire time and all the other races are wrong with their religion or subservient to Elune. What a load of shit, I liked it better when Elune was theorized as a Moon Goddess of Azeroth. How the hell did the Night Elves correctly guess the universe's divine authority was a female named Elune.
    Because they are elunes choosen, basically elune picked the night elves to be her people thats going to go around fighting demons

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I hope that Blizzard don't cave in to the fanboys of each side, because I'm loving all the xenophobic crap about the elves. Finally everyone will see the truth behind the elven race.
    I don't mind them being haughty/snooty/snarky, but Tyrande is just frustrating to me. They did a great job with making Rommath snarky. Kind of backpedaled and made me do a double-take with making Vereesa suddenly hate the Blood Elves again for the umpteenth time despite the fact that 1 of 13 possibilities for the hunter she swore the lives of herself and her Silver Covenant to can be a Blood Elf.

Like, isn't Vereesa at Trueshot Lodge specifically because the Horde and Alliance let their prejudices and old hatreds get in the way of the greater good? Why is she suddenly old Vereesa again for no reason? Why would she have gone to Trueshot Lodge in the first place if she were still so adverse to Blood Elves and didn't like Night Elves either, or the rest of the Horde for that matter?

When characters spout off random bullshit and get away with it without anyone saying anything about it in-game, in books, or by Blizzard, it gets on my nerves.

Like Alliance claiming Theramore was innocent, despite overwhelming both pre and post-Cata evidence to the contrary.

Admiral Rogers shouting propaganda to her troops in Pandaria.

All the BS Vereesa and Jaina said during 5.1 and 5.2. Which was considered to be a "fist-bump moment." So, yelling BS and doing whatever the heck you want to try and convince yourself that you're the good guys even though anyone with an objective viewpoint of the story can easily tell at first glance that it's pretty messed up stuff to say/do?

Ansirem asking how they could be sure that Aethas (who'd just freely handed over a priceless royal family heirloom historical national treasure of Quel'thalas to their worst enemies and traitors, Dalaran, just for the chance to ask if he could be Kirin Tor again) wouldn't just betray them again, then Karlain saying "if he were untrustworthy, he'd just have given it to one of his Sunreavers" so we're supposed to believe that reclaiming something belonging to your kingdom and giving it to your kingdom is untrustworthy, but handing it over to their worst enemy who's betrayed them multiple times, some of whom are EVEN IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW (at least Modera and Ansirem for Kael'thas, then them and all the rest during the Purge and Isle of Thunder) is trustworthy. Then Aethas having to beg on the ground like a dog just to be allowed to lick the humans' boots again. It frustrates me how he just sat there and took their words in silence, indicating that he agreed fully with their assessment, despite it being completely wrong and unfair.

And Tyrande being a bitch in Val'sharah. Now again here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really started to set in for me then it hit me like this...

this moon guard would like to visit quelthalas

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    That would be an interesting cultural clash for Lothrius. He's a night elf from the archaic night elf culture, which (outside of Azshara's inner circle) was quite conservative. He'd be fascinated by the libraries of magical knowledge but he would likely be more than a bit shocked by the the decadent lifestyle of some of the Sin'dorei. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to observe his reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    That would be an interesting cultural clash for Lothrius. He's a night elf from the archaic night elf culture, which (outside of Azshara's inner circle) was quite conservative. He'd be fascinated by the libraries of magical knowledge but he would likely be more than a bit shocked by the the decadent lifestyle of some of the Sin'dorei. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to observe his reaction.
    Well... the most decadent part of the Sin'dorei are at the other side of the curtain, so i don't think he will notice

They change Vereesa's quest text for the Thas'dorah mission if you're a Blood Elf. She says it's hard to work with them because the Blood Elves' leaders have disregarded the sacrifices of her family. The only thing I can think of that she's using to say that is that the Blood Elves don't agree with her assessment that she deserves a ton of special treatment all because her last name is Windrunner and she knows people who've actually done things for Quel'thalas, like her sisters, who earned their ranks for prestigious service in defense of the Thalassian people, while she promoted herself from a grunt-rank ranger who went AWOL after her first mission then quit Quel'thalas immediately to marry a human and serve the human kingdoms, to "Ranger-General of the Silver Covenant" an organization founded for the sole purpose of causing harm to Quel'thalas, which she's done in copious amounts.

And it really grinds my gears that she murdered so many blood elves in MoP, then supposedly "let go" of her hatred just in time to spare Garrosh (the ONE guy who was actually responsible for Rhonin's death when he helped Garrosh's enemy and expected him to just back down because he says he's neutral which means you stay out of the fights, which he stopped doing), resulting in countless more deaths when Garrosh brought down WoD on all of us, but NOW she's back in the game and ready to hate and kill MORE completely unaffiliated people who only have similar physiological features as the guy who GARROSH ordered to build the weapon that GARROSH used to kill Rhonin.

Or who have similar physiological features as the guy who left Quel'thalas behind, joined the Twlight's Hammer, serving Deathwing's consort Sinestra, thought for some reason that the children of a high elf and a human mage would be abnormally strong despite there logically being a lot of records on half-elf children in Dalaran for reference to either disprove, prove, or warrant further investigation of that hypothesis, tried to kidnap her sons, failed, then was killed by her, meaning her vengeance should be satisfied, and any further action she takes against the Blood Elves because of Zendarin is completely childish and un-lawful-good Alliance of her. Though they'll always defend her because blood elves r evul lelelelelel

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    take him to see the Sunwell in Quel'Danas

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It's little tidbits like this that I love. Stuff teasing at crossovers/two related parties coming together for some kind of cool interaction is what I love. Like when villains help the hero fight a bigger villain because they're a common enemy.

I'd love to see something like this progress further, perhaps with some Night Elves from the Broken Isles-type groups who don't mind arcane magic in the slightest moving to Quel'thalas, maybe resulting in a zone update finally, and those Night Elves once trusted attune themselves to the Sunwell, immediately turning them into high elves (physically), like it did to Dath'remar and friends 10K years ago.

They change Vereesa's quest text for the Thas'dorah mission if you're a Blood Elf. She says it's hard to work with them because the Blood Elves' leaders have disregarded the sacrifices of her family. The only thing I can think of that she's using to say that is that the Blood Elves don't agree with her assessment that she deserves a ton of special treatment all because her last name is Windrunner and she knows people who've actually done things for Quel'thalas, like her sisters, who earned their ranks for prestigious service in defense of the Thalassian people, while she promoted herself from a grunt-rank ranger who went AWOL after her first mission then quit Quel'thalas immediately to marry a human and serve the human kingdoms, to "Ranger-General of the Silver Covenant" an organization founded for the sole purpose of causing harm to Quel'thalas, which she's done in copious amounts.

And it really grinds my gears that she murdered so many blood elves in MoP, then supposedly "let go" of her hatred just in time to spare Garrosh (the ONE guy who was actually responsible for Rhonin's death when he helped Garrosh's enemy and expected him to just back down because he says he's neutral which means you stay out of the fights, which he stopped doing), resulting in countless more deaths when Garrosh brought down WoD on all of us, but NOW she's back in the game and ready to hate and kill MORE completely unaffiliated people who only have similar physiological features as the guy who GARROSH ordered to build the weapon that GARROSH used to kill Rhonin.

Or who have similar physiological features as the guy who left Quel'thalas behind, joined the Twlight's Hammer, serving Deathwing's consort Sinestra, thought for some reason that the children of a high elf and a human mage would be abnormally strong despite there logically being a lot of records on half-elf children in Dalaran for reference to either disprove, prove, or warrant further investigation of that hypothesis, tried to kidnap her sons, failed, then was killed by her, meaning her vengeance should be satisfied, and any further action she takes against the Blood Elves because of Zendarin is completely childish and un-lawful-good Alliance of her. Though they'll always defend her because blood elves r evul lelelelelel
    It isn't really up for debate that Vereesa is a shitty character. They created one too many Windrunner sisters and Vereesa should have just died with Rhonin and sealed those crappy characters away for good. How many elf hunter heroes do we need in this damn game.

And the name is stupid. I get Valeera and Vareesa mixed up on the daily. Two female elves with a letter of a difference. We need an Orc Shaman named Threll too..

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah "one" patch.
    And
    Giant city full of them.
    Zone centered around mostly night elven druids.
    And another zone filled with ghost elves and their ruins.
    Oh and faction of night elven wardens.
    And the fact that night elf illidan is our new lord and savior.
    And the fact that half of dungeons is elf themed.
    You're whining for no reason lol.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    I don't mind them being haughty/snooty/snarky, but Tyrande is just frustrating to me. They did a great job with making Rommath snarky. Kind of backpedaled and made me do a double-take with making Vereesa suddenly hate the Blood Elves again for the umpteenth time despite the fact that 1 of 13 possibilities for the hunter she swore the lives of herself and her Silver Covenant to can be a Blood Elf.

Like, isn't Vereesa at Trueshot Lodge specifically because the Horde and Alliance let their prejudices and old hatreds get in the way of the greater good? Why is she suddenly old Vereesa again for no reason? Why would she have gone to Trueshot Lodge in the first place if she were still so adverse to Blood Elves and didn't like Night Elves either, or the rest of the Horde for that matter?
    Yeah, Vereesa is the one that they need to fix the text. Her xenophobic vibe doesn't need to be toned down, but at least she need recognize the Horde hunter leader for what he/she is. To be fair, it's possible that we are seeing all the texts just from an orc PoV.

Edit: Meh, didn't scan the whole thread so I didn't see someone already posted. :P

Not sure if anyone posted, but Ally have different text from Rommath and Liadrin:

Yeah, Vereesa is the one that they need to fix the text. Her xenophobic vibe doesn't need to be toned down, but at least she need recognize the Horde hunter leader for what he/she is. To be fair, it's possible that we are seeing all the texts just from an orc PoV.
    I'll be running it on a Pandaren hunter horde side. if she treats me like I'm some mongrel monster like... Seriously? What makes me different from the Pandaren you Allie yourself with?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Right, honestly I am tired of the lets hold hands bullshit, the horde has done terrible things, we can band together and fight the legion without huging and holding hands
    both factions did horrible things.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be running it on a Pandaren hunter horde side. if she treats me like I'm some mongrel monster like... Seriously? What makes me different from the Pandaren you Allie yourself with?
    your faction color is different.
    lulz.

"MOCH DIFERENZ!"
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-15 at 09:44 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I dunno, maybe. It'd be great if they applied different quest text/dialogue for not only just races or just classes, but also race/class combos. So there would be a few different ones like

1. Blood Elf hunter
    2. Non-hunter Blood Elf

3. Non-Blood Elf hunter
    4. Non-Blood Elf non-hunter Horde

5. Alliance hunter
    6. Non-hunter Alliance

Because if Vereesa's talking to a Blood Elf warlock, she'd have no problem being mean to them. Just because Khadgar calls them "hero" or "champion" doesn't mean she has to.

But if it's a Blood Elf Hunter, I doubt she'd say "The blood elves sent a scout too, but I doubt they're any good." She'd be like "yes, may I fetch your slippers, hunter leader?"

And I hope Liadrin doesn't just suddenly forget that I'm Highlord of the Silver Hand when I get there.

And it'd be cool if for all mages, Horde and Alliance, Rommath kind of gave them a hard time for being so Kirin Tor. Or maybe reacted respectfully to Blood Elf fire mages with Felo'melorn, because it was Kael'thas' sword. Like "Can't you just hardly wait until this is all over so you can use that sword for your people, and not those humans?" Except way better-written than that.

- - - Updated - - -

And how would she even tell which is which, unless they were decked out in lions or Horde symbols.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-09-15 at 09:52 PM.