Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    "More indicative," not "an ironclad definition with zero room for deviation." The Darkfallen are both undead and mutated so I would technically call them a different species, sure - not that that really counts for undead entities in the first place. The Felblood/Shadowsworn are kind of a YMMV example - they *could* be a different species altogether (there's enough differentiation there in my view of it), but they could also just be a magical mutation due to the Fel energies.
    Did I say there's no room for deviation? No. Did I say Blizzard doesn't really deviate from it? Yes. I know I lack in my understanding of English and for example I still don't see how Cenarius is actually either a Dwarf or a human, but these sound different to me. But who knows, I could be wrong. And Darkfallen aren't mutated with exception of females. They only have a darker skin tone. Which by your criteria from previous post, does not make them a different species. Especially since undeath itself doesn't really fit them one way or another. Why would it alter your species anyway? Does it begin with the corpse, or resurrection? If it's the latter, does non-undeath resurrection count? Does being brought back by doctors? At best they'd be a race. Which is the only deviation by Blizzard that I can think of in terms of lore (in terms of gameplay Worgen are called a race in character creation), since Forsaken are called a race by Sylvanas. No other undead are though, at least if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Undeath is more like a..let's say, condition / curse. Like the Forsaken for example, who are undead humans/elfs.
    Same like the curse of the Worgen and the Gilneans.
    So race with an Ŗ? Or was it small ŗ? Then again Scythe of Elune has a fiery skin so it has a sort of a diurial aspect to it while undeath sounds entirely nocturnal to me, so maybe Worgen are a race with an Ř/ř? And then there's the Mechagnomes which have normal "r" but the "c" is silent.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-16 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    The druid/rustic part you speak of was nonexistent. Cenarius was a fairy tale to the pre-Sundering Night Elves, and Malfurion was a lame, sandal-wearing hippie who nobody liked.

In that vein, yes, the Nightborne are the original Night Elf culture, minus the Elune-worship.

The only thing the Darnassian elves have of the original culture is the Elune worship.
    Actually, no. The Chronicles established the connection between the Wild Gods (like Cenarius) and the Night Elves before Azshara was born. It was Azshara that created the Highborne culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    elves are elves, they are all kin
    Same species, different races.

Don't base this on us humans (especially because the "lack" of races is because of political correctness - there are breeds (or races) of dogs that have much smaller differences, like the position of the ears, than between asian people and african people).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-09-16 at 09:56 PM.

This can't be resolved by saying they're the same species, but different races? Whats the kerfluffle about?

hmmm, they grow up so fast ;( (being a troll and your ancestor)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post

Don't base this on us humans (especially because the "lack" of races is because of political correctness - there are breeds (or races) of dogs that have much smaller differences than between asian people and african people).
    Precisely this. Night elf isn't a specie like some are trying to pass on this thread, it's a race.

It may not be humans vs orcs But it's elves vs elves.

Don't base this on us humans (especially because the "lack" of races is because of political correctness - there are breeds (or races) of dogs that have much smaller differences, like the position of the ears, than between asian people and african people).
    the human race is a single race, there are different ethnic groups that are all humans

Deleted
    the human race is a single race, there are different ethnic groups that are all humans
    No, the correct terms are human species (homo sapiens sapiens) and human races (caucasian, negroid, mongoloid).

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So after we fight alongside her, with no reason to, even going up against xavius to save her husband.. she still acts like a complete spaz.

Why are the women in warcraft just such awful people? I'm not being sexist, blizzard just seems to write them as either terrible people, or background fodder. Tyrande - bubble headed bimbo. Jaina - emotional trainwreck. Sylvanas - Devious backstabber. At the moment Moira is the only stable one, and she use to be awful.
    Cuz Her husband worked with a firelord and she has a entire army unlike malfurions wife who race died so many times and has been stressed out

Sylvanas dont like how arthas destroyed her kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No, the correct terms are human species (homo sapiens sapiens) and human races (caucasian, negroid, mongoloid).
    Those are outdated concepts

Deleted
    Those are outdated concepts
    According to whom "homo sapiens sapiens" became a "outdated concept"? The concept of human specie never changed, it is what differentiate us from previous or even existint paralel (Neanderthals) hominid species.

The mental and academical gimnastics of these forums sometimes...

According to whom "homo sapiens sapiens" became a "outdated concept"? The concept of human specie never changed, it is what differentiate us from previous or even existint paralel (Neanderthals) hominid species.

the antiquated concept is to think that human beings are divided into races, people who thought that way lost a war for many decades. There is only one human race, which has different ethnics

Yet there are different dog breeds (races) where the only differences can be small things like differences in the appearance of the ears. Not calling races races among humans is due to political correctness, nothing else. No one in the academics would outright deny it, but because of fear of reprisals they're not going to say anything else in public either. People who lost the war thought certain races were superior, that's all. You're the one putting the negative notion next to it. In any case this is off-topic.

PS: Ethnicity is just the "nice" term for race (or in cases subrace), nothing else, don't fool yourself.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-09-16 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    the antiquated concept is to think that human beings are divided into races, people who thought that way lost a war for many decades. There is only one human race, which has different ethnics
    Species != races. Ethnicity is the exact same social construction as race, a "brand name change".

Unless you bring the academical essays that prove your point here, I'm done with this talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet there are different dog breeds (races) where the only differences can be small things like differences in the appearance of the ears. Not calling races races among humans is due to political correctness, nothing else. No one in the academics would outright deny it, but because of fear of reprisals they're not going to say anything else in public either. People who lost the war thought certain races were superior, that's all. You're the one putting the negative notion next to it. In any case this is off-topic.

PS: Ethnicity is just the "nice" term for race (or in cases subrace), nothing else, don't fool yourself.
    You quote the wrong one (don't worry, I understood and agree with you).

Species != races. Ethnicity is the exact same social construction as race, a "brand name change".

Unless you bring the academical essays that prove your point here, I'm done with this talk.

- - - Updated - - -

You quote the wrong one (don't worry, I understood and agree with you).
    go to a university ask a professor while he is lecturing if there are different races of humans? and he reply that there is only one human race and that there are different ethnicities

7+ Year Old Account
    People talking in this thread like theres ever a real possibility of elves getting together and races swapping around... fail to see that atthe end of the day... tis a game and none of that would happen b/c you cant swap races from horde/alliance that would cause a loss in money. Sad but the truth. Would love to see elves kick the other races down like the vermin they are.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get it, what are we hyped about exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    People talking in this thread like theres ever a real possibility of elves getting together and races swapping around... fail to see that atthe end of the day... tis a game and none of that would happen b/c you cant swap races from horde/alliance that would cause a loss in money. Sad but the truth. Would love to see elves kick the other races down like the vermin they are.
    I am happy that form a Union only in the lore, like as illidari

Deleted
    go to a university ask a professor while he is lecturing if there are different races of humans? and he reply that there is only one human race and that there are different ethnicities
    I have a graduation in archaeology and a master in ancient history. Not even once I ever learned or read that that species is the same thing as race. What's your education again?

There is only one human species. Race is a social construction from the 1700 to explain the small physical differences between humans.