Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well the reason to even help Suramar is due to well ancestry for all 3 of them. In the Kal'dorei, Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei

I doubt there will be an actual post Suramar unity. The tension will always be there cause Warcraft.

The most interesting part is that after this, they will be forced to choose a side

Someone mentioned this on the WoW story forums: It looks like the combined elven forces get squashed and then the nightfallen/wretched manage to put down Elisande.

I'd really wouldn't like that outcome, but if you look at the quest numbers, that looks like a possibility. What do you guys think?

Insurrection: An Elven Problem (New) - Description: "The Alliance and Horde have arrived in Suramar. First Arcanist Thalyssra needs your help in providing an introduction." Quest #45278.
    Insurrection: As Strong As Our Will (New) - Description: "With the Alliance and Horde forces neutralized, the Nightfallen will need your help in raising a new, unconventional army." Quest #45285.
    Insurrection: Breaking the Nighthold (New) - Description: "It is time to launch the final assault on the Nighthold's defenses." Quest #45287.
    Insurrection: Crafting War (New) - Description: "First Arcanist Thalyssra requires your aid in helping equip and train her growing rebel army." Quest #45280.
    Insurrection: Elisande's Retort (New) - Description: "The insurrection is ready to assault the gates of the Nighthold." Quest #45282.
    Insurrection: Lockdown (New) - Description: "First Arcanist Thalyssra has received dark tidings regarding the Nightfallen rebellion and requires your assistance." Quest #45271.
    Insurrection: March on Suramar (New) - Description: "The combined might of the elven armies stand ready to assault the city of Suramar. They need only you to lead them." Quest #45281.

"Elisande has captured our forces in a time-lock spell." From the Khadgar VO.

We do end up freeing them.

Sounds like Tyrande and Liadrin are the Night Elf/Blood Elf representatives that Khadgar first saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the only thing wrong is that the human and the Kirin Tor are around
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_69xf6LrI
    1:35
    Khadgar: Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei, take the Promenade and hold it against our foes.
    UUUUUUUGH. Why do Khadgar and the Kirin Tor have to butt in on EVERYTHING. And especially them being in charge? Why? Wouldn't the Nightfallen and Nightborne be much better in charge due to living there, and knowing the city better than the back of their hand due to it being their entire world for 10,000 years???

WHYYYYYYYY KHADGAR. We're supposed to believe he's able to be an effective attentive leader there in Suramar AND handle whatever's going on at Karazhan at the same time?

This was Blizzard's opportunity to show that the Blood Elves (and Night Elves to a lesser extent, but they've already gotten that in Val'sharah and Azsuna) can actually do something WITHOUT the Kirin Tor/human's help. The last few years, the Kirin Tor have been like an overprotective mom who still makes her 14-year old son hold her hand in the grocery store parking lot. HE CAN WALK WITHOUT RUNNING INTO TRAFFIC.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-09-15 at 01:51 AM.

Well Khadgar was the one who did learn of the message that lead to all the events coming to Suramar, he's just as relevant as the Elves.
    would have preferred it to have been Archamge Mordant Evenshade - the Highborne leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Thalyssra should definitely be the queen after this is over, Elisande doomed a lot of people even if she decides to change at the last second. I don't think people would follow her afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    UUUUUUUGH. Why do Khadgar and the Kirin Tor have to butt in on EVERYTHING. And especially them being in charge? Why? Wouldn't the Nightfallen and Nightborne be much better in charge due to living there, and knowing the city better than the back of their hand due to it being their entire world for 10,000 years???

WHYYYYYYYY KHADGAR. We're supposed to believe he's able to be an effective attentive leader there in Suramar AND handle whatever's going on at Karazhan at the same time?

This was Blizzard's opportunity to show that the Blood Elves (and Night Elves to a lesser extent, but they've already gotten that in Val'sharah and Azsuna) can actually do something WITHOUT the Kirin Tor/human's help. The last few years, the Kirin Tor have been like an overprotective mom who still makes her 14-year old son hold her hand in the grocery store parking lot. HE CAN WALK WITHOUT RUNNING INTO TRAFFIC.
    I think you are bitching wayyyyy too much, settle down. Least the Elves get showcased, but no you had to make a big deal out of something small.

Thalyssra should definitely be the queen after this is over, Elisande doomed a lot of people even if she decides to change at the last second.
    Not that Elisande had much of a choice in the matter. That said, she shouldn't even try to act so self righteous about the other Elves. It's quite laughable(But makes for good lore)
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-09-15 at 02:03 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post

As Mace kept pointing out, this is the French resistance, Suramar is Paris, the Nightborne the Parisians, the Night Elves the French Country men, the rebels are La Resistance, and we are the allied forces.

Khadgar is the leader of the allied forces - I was surprised by this and strongly felt it should have been Night Elf lead, but Khadgar's the hero here, he takes charge like an allied forces General would. He's ordering Thalyssra, the Shal'dorei, the Sin'dorei, the Kal'dorei around firmly establishing Dalaran as the lead.

We might get a joint elven nation afterall, but it seems that the forefront will continue to be human lead Dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    would have preferred it to have been Archamge Mordant Evenshade - the Highborne leader
    I would like to see Thalyssra, Mordant and Rommath work together

Not that Elisande had much of a choice in the matter. That said, she shouldn't even try to act so self righteous about the other Elves. It's quite laughable(But makes for good lore)
    it's amazing how nice Thalyssra is and a lot of nightborne you meet, a bit arrgoant, but this si the first time we've really dealt with the upper echelons of Night Elf society, cos when we went through War of the Ancients, the night elf bit was told from Malfurion/Illidan/Tyrande's perspective and they were quite humble.

It's one of the reasons i like Suramar a lot it really brings out the falvor and a great portrayal of ancient Kaldorei society which is now also Shal'dorei society.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "Elisande has captured our forces in a time-lock spell." From the Khadgar VO.

We do end up freeing them.

Sounds like Tyrande and Liadrin are the Night Elf/Blood Elf representatives that Khadgar first saves.
    Ahh good, good. That's a relieve.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Mace kept pointing out, this is the French resistance, Suramar is Paris, the Nightborne the Parisians, the Night Elves the French Country men, the rebels are La Resistance, and we are the allied forces.

Khadgar is the leader of the allied forces - I was surprised by this and strongly felt it should have been Night Elf lead, but Khadgar's the hero here, he takes charge like an allied forces General would. He's ordering Thalyssra, the Shal'dorei, the Sin'dorei, the Kal'dorei around firmly establishing Dalaran as the lead.

We might get a joint elven nation afterall, but it seems that the forefront will continue to be human lead Dalaran
    This is just nitpicking, again Khadgar was the one who got the message(And shown it to the player) so he has a hand in all of this. Even when humans first learned about Magic, it was a joint effort so it's no shocker that a human helps lead the offensive.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I would like to see Thalyssra, Mordant and Rommath work together
    now that would be so cool. But as I haven't seen Mordant Evenshade at all yet, he is as conspicuous in these affairs.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just nitpicking, again Khadgar was the one who got the message(And shown it to the player) so he has a hand in all of this. Even when humans first learned about Magic, it was a joint effort so it's no shocker that a human helps lead the offensive.
    yes, it's no shocker at all, the first move should have been Evenshade finding the message, and taken the lead from there when it came to Suramar... but once it was Khadagar there, I expected we'd see him go all the way. It is Khadgar that chases Gul'dan into the Temple of Elune, so there will be a showdown for the Gul'dan encounter I'm sure.

Legion kills civilians in the waning crescent, and several named npcs die.
    http://imgur.com/a/bQERd
    http://imgur.com/a/wjzEn
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2016-09-15 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Khadgar seems to be taking Medivh's role of great uniter during the last invasion of the Legion, although with far more ressources, like a floating magical city as base of operation.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    it's amazing how nice Thalyssra is and a lot of nightborne you meet, a bit arrgoant, but this si the first time we've really dealt with the upper echelons of Night Elf society, cos when we went through War of the Ancients, the night elf bit was told from Malfurion/Illidan/Tyrande's perspective and they were quite humble.

It's one of the reasons i like Suramar a lot it really brings out the falvor and a great portrayal of ancient Kaldorei society which is now also Shal'dorei society.

Actually in the WotA trilogy there was a sense of the Night Elves in general had a tendency to be arrogant and think the forests and such all belong to them and do what they please so it wouldn't be a stretch for the Nightborne to retain some of that arrogance. I am surprised that Thalyrissa even mentions Azshara and blaming her for the big war 10 thousand years ago.

Anyways...

yes, it's no shocker at all, the first move should have been Evenshade finding the message, and taken the lead from there when it came to Suramar... but once it was Khadagar there, I expected we'd see him go all the way. It is Khadgar that chases Gul'dan into the Temple of Elune, so there will be a showdown for the Gul'dan encounter I'm sure.
    Highborne haven't been relevant since like maybe Cata. Said evenshade btw is busy in the Mage class hall.

Warrior-Magi

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, OH LAWDS WE'S FREE AT LAST!

yes! ohwegouwhgouwhgouwhg i cannot even contain my orgasms.

please for the love of god let them talk about the sunwell and what it could do for the nightfallen, please god let it happen.

the human tyranny must end

Sucks that it sounds like they're gonna get caught in some timestop bullshit making them look like a bunch of goons. : /