Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    After the elves brought demons, they put up runestones around Quel'thalas that prevented their magic from being detected by the Legion, and so the Legion never realized Azeroth was still around.

After the humans brought demons, they made a bandaid solution with the Guardian, trusting in their own prideful arrogance that they could handle whatever demons came along.

The elves basically put a sign by a cliff edge that says "Don't go near the cliff edge, you'll fall."

The humans parked an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff, saying "Oh, it's okay, this way, if people fall and get seriously injured, they'll get medical attention right away and be fine!"

The humans' solution was not at all a preventative measure. The Elves' was. The high elves fixed their leaky pipes, while the Kirin Tor just put a tiny bucket underneath to catch the water drips, not big enough to hold the drips for long.

And Aegwynn was arrogant enough to think she defeated Sargeras, and told the Council of Tirisfal to go to hell rather than give up her powers for the next Guardian, resulting in Medivh causing all sorts of catastrophic events.

At some point, the humans must be held accountable for their flagrant abuse of magic with no mind for the repercussions of their actions.

The Elves didn't take such extreme measures to control the humans, because Strom was already keeping them on a tight leash. They couldn't have known that the humans would go out on their own to do all the magic they pleased. Basically, they trusted the humans to exercise some form of caution and adhere to their own laws. Instead, the humans left and made up new laws that let them do whatever they wanted.
    a Worthy Effort
    but futile
    you are talking with M-Ra
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    After the elves brought demons, they put up runestones around Quel'thalas that prevented their magic from being detected by the Legion, and so the Legion never realized Azeroth was still around.

After the humans brought demons, they made a bandaid solution with the Guardian, trusting in their own prideful arrogance that they could handle whatever demons came along.

The elves basically put a sign by a cliff edge that says "Don't go near the cliff edge, you'll fall."

The humans parked an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff, saying "Oh, it's okay, this way, if people fall and get seriously injured, they'll get medical attention right away and be fine!"

The humans' solution was not at all a preventative measure. The Elves' was. The high elves fixed their leaky pipes, while the Kirin Tor just put a tiny bucket underneath to catch the water drips, not big enough to hold the drips for long.

And Aegwynn was arrogant enough to think she defeated Sargeras, and told the Council of Tirisfal to go to hell rather than give up her powers for the next Guardian, resulting in Medivh causing all sorts of catastrophic events.

At some point, the humans must be held accountable for their flagrant abuse of magic with no mind for the repercussions of their actions.

The Elves didn't take such extreme measures to control the humans, because Strom was already keeping them on a tight leash. They couldn't have known that the humans would go out on their own to do all the magic they pleased. Basically, they trusted the humans to exercise some form of caution and adhere to their own laws. Instead, the humans left and made up new laws that let them do whatever they wanted.
    Then why didn't the High Elves gave the humans those Runestones in the first Place? And you're wrong at one point: After the Elves brought Demons, they joined forces with them first.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Then why didn't the High Elves gave the humans those Runestones in the first Place? And you're wrong at one point: After the Elves brought Demons, they joined forces with them first.
    Maybe because humans don't really care or see it as a waste of resources, I mean even today they don't use similar methods. The elves on the other hand used massive amounts of arcane energy to mask their kingdom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Maybe because humans don't really care or see it as a waste of resources, I mean even today they don't use similar methods. The elves on the other hand used massive amounts of arcane energy to mask their kingdom.
    It's not like we would need to hide from the Legion since the Third War.

It's not like we would need to hide from the Legion since the Third War.
    It is not like we needed to hide from the legion after the war of the ancients by that logic.

Dath'remar's Highborne weren't the ones summoning the Legion. They were noble families living in Zin'Azshari's palace, and Dath'remar was by no means a Legion slave. He refused Xavius' offer to be turned into a satyr, disgusted by the idea. They betrayed their queen and the rest of the Highborne to join the Kal'dorei Resistance and help save their world and people from the Legion.

Dath'remar MAY have helped work on the portal when they all thought Sargeras was a benevolent god who was going to remake Azeroth into a paradise. Once Hakkar and his awful hounds came through the portal, it was clear to all that Sargeras was not what they'd been led to believe, but some were blinded by their devotion to Azshara, and continued, eventually being loyal to the Legion by association to their queen and the corrupting aura Sargeras was emanating through the portal to sway the Highborne.

I say "MAY" because we have no mention of him actively helping to summon the Legion. Azshara didn't have every single Highborne mage in that room powering that portal. She had Xavius and a few of his most powerful servants.

From http://wow.gamepedia.com/Runestone, "Over several decades, they built a series of monolithic runestones around Quel'Thalas' borders. This barrier was called Ban'dinoriel, or "the Gatekeeper" in the high elven tongue."

Ban'dinoriel (the big magic bubble shield that can protect Silvermoon City) is powered directly by the Sunwell, but could be maintained in emergencies by several magisters working together to keep it powered. It also acts as a ward to hide the magic use in all of Quel'thalas down to Caer Darrow, until the Horde rendered the runestone there useless to the elves by hijacking it for their own purposes.

The humans obviously refused to stop using magic for "several decades" while they waited for the elves to clean up their mess for them. Several decades could be an entire lifetime for a human.

There's also the matter of logistics. It's not easy to transport a huge block of stone, magic or no magic. Gul'dan speculated that the elves used Amani slaves to do the heavy lifting and pulling for them, but this has never been confirmed. Still, it goes to indicate just how big of a task it is. It would take time, and patience is not what the magocrats of Dalaran were known for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is not like we needed to hide from the legion after the war of the ancients by that logic.
    They did, because the Legion thought Azeroth was destroyed by the Sundering. The humans were the ones who let the cat out of the bag with all their magic use that was like shooting a flare up into the Twisting Nether to alert them to their continued existence and obviously very substantial magic resources.

Either that, or they thought that the Well of Eternity was completely gone, and they now had no reason to go back there because what do they care about killing any wildlife that may have survived the Sundering?

Until Kil'jaeden was banished back to the Twisting Nether at the Sunwell, the Legion's attitude toward Azeroth was just business as usual. Just take all the magic then destroy the planet. In the Legion's eyes, the Well of Eternity was gone, so they had no reason to return. They had better things to do than waste resources on fruitless endeavors.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-09-22 at 07:47 PM.

Actually with the new lore Azeroth is a big deal well or not because of the titan soul thing.

Deleted
    They did, because the Legion thought Azeroth was destroyed by the Sundering. The humans were the ones who let the cat out of the bag with all their magic use that was like shooting a flare up into the Twisting Nether to alert them to their continued existence and obviously very substantial magic resources.

the first Council of Tirisfal was composed of many high elves who were part of the court of the king of quel'thalas, the first guardian was a half elf the best friend of Prince Nallorath

- - - Updated - - -

nightborne speak a unique language but not yet decided the name. I think suramarian would be a good name
    https://twitter.com/_DonAdams/status/779114403153063938

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    Not sure what you mean here. Please explain why you think I'm wrong, because that's the reason why Dalaran made the Guardian, to fight the demons they alerted to Azeroth's presence by being so reckless with magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the first Council of Tirisfal was composed of many high elves who were part of the court of the king of quel'thalas, the first guardian was a half elf the best friend of Prince Nallorath
    First they had something similar to the Guardian called the Spearhead, but they all fought together in close proximity so it was easier for enemies to cripple them by taking one out. Instead they did the Guardian where the Council were in a secret location empowering the Guardian.

The Council was formed when the Convocation of Silvermoon met with the leaders of Dalaran to do their best to mitigate the new demon problem, and when the humans refused to give up magic, they instead proposed their bandaid solution and never pursued a more permanent preventative measure like the elves' runestones in the 2,800 years since then.

Dunno what the Council %'s were, but likely half humans half elves.

Deleted
    Not sure what you mean here. Please explain why you think I'm wrong, because that's the reason why Dalaran made the Guardian, to fight the demons they alerted to Azeroth's presence by being so reckless with magic.
    The humans were the ones who let the cat out of the bag...

I was referring to this
    I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm for the human stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    The humans were the ones who let the cat out of the bag...

I was referring to this
    I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm for the human stupidity
    Ohhhh, gotcha. I thought you were unsure if you should laugh or facepalm, as if my information was incorrect x3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Actually with the new lore Azeroth is a big deal well or not because of the titan soul thing.
    Yeah, but they obviously didn't know about it at the time the humans attracted the Legion again, because the Legion had left Azeroth alone.

If they had known about the titan soul thing, I assume they left it alone because they thought it was destroyed along with the rest of the planet by the Sundering.

Deleted
    Yeah, but they obviously didn't know about it at the time the humans attracted the Legion again, because the Legion had left Azeroth alone.

If they had known about the titan soul thing, I assume they left it alone because they thought it was destroyed along with the rest of the planet by the Sundering.
    I don't know, Sargeras maybe didn't accept it because he wanted to be sure that it was destroyed. And it's easier to find something when you are looking for it so...
    Also he wanted some boobs because Azeroth -> female titan

Wow, these people btching about Tyrande surprises me. I mean she's just a bit rude with the horde player, but she's friendly with the alliance player, and just cautious with Thalyssra, she isn't being mean towards her, lol. Seriously, her dialogue is not a big deal is just a minor detail.

People even asked blizzard if shen'dralar highborne return to night elf society was still canon and blizzard had to answer "yes, it is canon, but the nightborne are an extreme case and Tyrande is just being cautious when dealing with them".

I honestly love Tyrande's portrayal on this patch, in fact it's like her warcraft III reign of chaos personality. She's not a "flawless innocent" person like anduin, malfurion baine or velen.

Also it makes sense, it is like when Gilneans locked themselves behind a wall, all humans were salty with them, Varian and the forsaken for example. And Gilneas is an independent nation, unlike Suramar who was affiliated with the night elf empire, and the ones who were inside the bubble didn't helped at the war, lol.
    Last edited by Orquitis; 2016-09-23 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    Wow, these people btching about Tyrande surprises me. I mean she's just a bit rude with the horde player, but she's friendly with the alliance player, and just cautious with Thalyssra, she isn't being mean towards her, lol. Seriously, her dialogue is not a big deal is just a minor detail.

People even asked blizzard if shen'dralar highborne return to night elf society was still canon and blizzard had to answer "yes, it is canon, but the nightborne are an extreme case and Tyrande is just being cautious when dealing with them".

I honestly love Tyrande's portrayal on this patch, in fact it's like her warcraft III reign of chaos personality. She's not a "flawless innocent" person like anduin, malfurion baine or velen.

Also it makes sense, it is like when Gilneans locked themselves behind a wall, all humans were salty with them, Varian and the forsaken for example. And Gilneas is an independent nation, unlike Suramar who was affiliated with the night elf empire, and the ones who were inside the bubble didn't helped at the war, lol.
    I was an elf, and someone would tell me that I will be the next Azshara I would feel insulted

She's not making an affirmation, just questioning her. It would be like if there was an elite nazi member that suddenly became a rebel, of course other people would be cautious with him (that's what donadams, a wow dev said, she's just cautious)

Remember that Thalyssra was a highborne and part of the people that were behind the wall while other night elves were fighting with tooth and nails, being cautious with the nightborne make sense for someone that lived during the war of the ancients.
    Last edited by Orquitis; 2016-09-23 at 10:18 PM.

So where are you guys getting this? I take it on PTR, but is there anything on like WoWHead, or something on here and I missed it?
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yay, thats really what we needed right now - more fucking elves. Im starting to miss orcs.
    Fuck orcs, they have the most boring character lore next to Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    She's not making an affirmation, just questioning her. It would be like if there was an elite nazi member that suddenly became a rebel, of course other people would be cautious with him (that's what donadams, a wow dev said, she's just cautious)

Remember that Thalyssra was a highborne and part of the people that were behind the wall while other night elves were fighting with tooth and nails, being cautious with the nightborne make sense for someone that lived during the war of the ancients.
    nope, never thalyssra was never part of the legion forces in the War of the Ancients. You can not compare with a ex Nazi because she never was. neutral =/= part of legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styvan01 View Post
    So where are you guys getting this? I take it on PTR, but is there anything on like WoWHead, or something on here and I missed it?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=255994/p...ampaign-quests

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Fuck orcs, they have the most boring character lore next to Tauren.
    Tauren are not boring, they just don't have any history at all.
    This is a pretty neat race but blizzard never gaved them love.