Outlaw Questions

Hello guys,

I'm new to DPS this expansion I've only ever healed and I'm having a challenging time gauging my performance from encounter to encounter. I understand that Dungeons vs. Raids are a totally different experience... The encounters are shorter classes with more burst are going to shine, but I can't help but ask am I doing things right?

If there's something out there in terms of updated Outlaw information I would appreciate it if you could post a link below.. also is the icy veins guide written in august still relevant?

Questions.

1.) When is the appropriate time to use curse of the dreadblades + Adrenaline rush combo?
    2.) Is it only when I have Shark in the water and/or true bearing?
    3.) Now if I get two buffs that AREN'T Shark in the water and/or true bearing at the START of an encounter (lets say a raid where encounters are longer) should I let the two buffs ride or fish for SitW and/or true bearing so I can try to maximize my dps with that burst window and/or increase the amount of adrenaline rush's I have over the course of an encounter.
    4.) In terms of playing with ghostly strike.... Where in my rotation should it be applied?
    5.) In terms of Death from Above.... I keep it on cooldown unless my adrenaline rush is being used?
    Last edited by Sarrus1; 2016-09-14 at 11:45 PM.

1. Right after you got 2+ buffs from RtB.
    2. No, saving cooldowns just to fish for something better will likely result in a nett loss since you can reroll your current result (thus rerolling isn't a guaranteed upgrade).
    Yes its better to use cooldowns when you hit great/perfect RtB results but a 20-30sec delay on the cooldowns to get to that point is likely costing you more in the long run.
    3. I wouldn't, fights generally last long enough nowadays for you to get multiple windows anyway. The 2minute burst or die fights are rare.
    4. Dunno, not using it, cant answer.
    5. Yes. DfA is likely your highest valued finisher (altho a doubled/tripled artifact-gemmed Run Through might come close) after you get at least 1 usable RtB buff up.

Ghostly strike is just used when its gonna drop off, keep it up 100%.

Its the 2nd thing you do on pull basically, Ambush>GS>SS> etc etc.

its a horrible talent, but for single target there is nothing better in terms of pure numbers. Quick draw *feels* better but is lower dps on ST.

For now, outside of raids, don't bother with GS, its pretty much a raid talent. < Personal preference cos I dislike GS as a talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    5. Yes. DfA is likely your highest valued finisher (altho a doubled/tripled artifact-gemmed Run Through might come close)
    Wait...for Outlaw DfA uses the Run Through damage + 50%, right? So, RT buffs/gems should increase DfA damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emorium View Post
    Wait...for Outlaw DfA uses the Run Through damage + 50%, right? So, RT buffs/gems should increase DfA damage as well.
    Sorry im new to rogue can you point to the tooltip that says that or something that outlines that. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrus1 View Post
    Sorry im new to rogue can you point to the tooltip that says that or something that outlines that. Thank you
    DFA tooltip itself says the ability actually causes Run Through with 50% increased effect. So any RT increasing traits should effect DFA also.

Outlaw shouldn't be using DfA. MfD is better period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Outlaw shouldn't be using DfA. MfD is better period.
    I just noticed on the sims that MfD is actually performing substantially better than DfA is... so what are you suggestions for how you should incorporate MfD into my rotation seeing as if I want to be an optimal rogue I'l have to be using that talent, thank you.

Also does anyone have any insight on what dragons in our artifact we should be prioritizing? 1,2,3.

I may be wrong on some points.
    1.) When is the appropriate time to use curse of the dreadblades + Adrenaline rush combo?
    2.) Is it only when I have Shark in the water and/or true bearing?
    3.) Now if I get two buffs that AREN'T Shark in the water and/or true bearing at the START of an encounter (lets say a raid where encounters are longer) should I let the two buffs ride or fish for SitW and/or true bearing so I can try to maximize my dps with that burst window and/or increase the amount of adrenaline rush's I have over the course of an encounter.
    4.) In terms of playing with ghostly strike.... Where in my rotation should it be applied?
    5.) In terms of Death from Above.... I keep it on cooldown unless my adrenaline rush is being used?
    1.) Off the CD, but try to synchro them at start. There's an opening sequence somewhere, I'd write it down:
    10 sec. before pull -> MfD, 1 sec. before pull -> RtB, Ambush, Adrenaline Rush, Deadblades, spam SS/PS to 5/6CP -> RT

2.)Not really I think you can use them with any other 2 buffs(not mentioning opener), it's waste of energy, time and DPS to fish for them only for AR/DB.

3.) I'm just rolling with the first roll I get, you'll get best results with them no matter what you rolls at start. By that I mean you shouldn't wait to reroll them because of the reasons I wrote in the point 2.

4.) You should try to keep it up all the time.

5.) DfA is weak compared to MfD.

I just noticed on the sims that MfD is actually performing substantially better than DfA is... so what are you suggestions for how you should incorporate MfD into my rotation seeing as if I want to be an optimal rogue I'l have to be using that talent, thank you.
    There is not clear time when you should use it. Sometimes it's best to use it on the adds, because the cooldown goes off everytime you kill them(so it has CD lower than 1 min, which means you can spam it more often). But if it's "patchwerk" fight, then you can easily go for free RT or RtB. At least that what I'm doing.

Also does anyone have any insight on what dragons in our artifact we should be prioritizing? 1,2,3.
    Outlaw rogues are not prioritizing dragons, we're going straight for certain artifact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Stejrn guide
    1st path
    On this path you get the following traits:
    1. Increases damage dealt by Saber Slash by 15%.
    2. Increases damage dealt by Run Through by 24% [8% for each rank]
    3. Reduces the energy cost of finishing moves by 12 [4 energy for each rank]
    4. Heals you for 6% of your maximum health for each effect cleared by Cloak of Shadows or resisted during its duration. [2% for each rank]
    5. Run Through has a chance to unleash a barrage of sweeping strikes against all nearby enemies, dealing physical to enemies and heals you for each target hit.

2nd path
    1. Successfully using Ambush guarantees your next Saber Slash to strike an additional time
    2. Your energy regeneration is reduced by 9% less while Blade Flurry is active. [3% for each rank]
    3. Combat Potency generates 3 additional Energy. [1 energy for each rank]

3rd path
    1. Increases the critical strike chance of Pistol Shot by 18%. [6% for each rank]
    2. Activating Sprint causes Feint to activate for no Energy cost.
    3. Increases damage dealt by Main Gauche by 30%. [10% for each rank]
    4. When Saber Slash strikes an additional time, there is a 33% chance that your next Pistol Shot will be replaced with Blunderbuss.

4th path
    1. Increases the damage dealt by Between the Eyes by 24% [8% for each rank]
    2. During Adrenaline Rush, your abilities recover 15% faster.

5th path
    1. Reduces the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush by 30 seconds [10 seconds for each rank]
    2. While Riposte is active, you gain 1 combo point for each time you parry an attack.
    There's a nice guide written by @Stejrn :
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...wdsXxQKvU/edit

You can find thread about it on this forum:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...egion-Overview!
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-09-15 at 11:31 AM.