Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He/she is assuming because nothing was said, that it's also likely a problem.
    No, rather because Blizzard has now screwed up a few times in a row, the only way they can assure us that this problem is actually resolved and working as intended is to outline the entire system and address all concerns.

Even if the initial RNG is working just fine, nobody has any reason to just blindly trust them at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Legendaries could be bought during many phases of the beta from a vendor, so people could test them and give feedback about them. With that system in place, it's very likely something like this can remain unnoticed.

On another note: Did this affect so many people? I don't know, the legendary drop rate seems to be that low to begin with that a very very small percentage of the playerbase even has one. E.g. we usually have 50+ people online every evening in my guild, and usually 20+ except during the night - for example right now, 13:30 on a workday, there are 21 people online. Many are already farming mythic instances, doing emissary quests every day, and only one player got one legendary. Looking at my playtime (7d at 110... damn, when did I get that -.-) and taking it as an average, while taking the lower number of players online, that would equal 140 days /played for one legendary on average. That's more time ingame than the average player spends during a whole addon.
    On the beta, legendaries could be bought from vendors for a short period of time. After last char wipe happened, u couldn't buy legendary from the vendor for a long time. They could track when and how are ppl getting their legendaries after that, and there was a lot of ppl playing also. We are not talking here about some mount, which after hotfix example had super low chance to drop from a certian mob, so ppl who didn't know gets upset, but they still have cool mounts in their inventory. We are talking about unique items, some of which affect your talents choices, your rotation, and priority, or give you a utility to survive harder encounters on mythic progression and also some of them make boring specs actually worth playing. So how things like this can go under the radar it's beyond me. But what's done is done, u cant just take legendaries from ppl now cuz of their mistake, but they should learn a lesson. When u release a new expansion and there is two big highlights one being artifact weapons, and a second handful of legendaries, u need to make sure this two actually work flawlessly.

Deleted
    Well the situation is pretty simple, everyone who didn't get one is pretty much screwed. Those who got at least one are at a disadvantage especially once the second slot unlocks. Those who got multiple won the gearing game.

Remember when you came too late into an expansion or where gone for a few months and suddenly couldn't catch up to the main field. Eternally being left to struggle trying to get back to it. Often times going inactive and waiting for the next expansion because by the time you would've reached the main field due to lack of raids/groups they would've long moved on?

That's the situation we have now. Only a few weeks into the new expansion this is what we're faced with. Blizzard appears to have zero intentions of mitigating this in any kind of way. Which means you're screwed. A decent legendary can increase DPS by as much as 6-10%. This is a huge difference and that's only for dps. Now imagine someone having two or multiple to switch between.

People will start requiring legendaries for groups, likely multiple legendaries very quickly.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    So the bad luck protection protects our bad luck so that it doesn't turn to good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Where is that said? We have no idea if the chance for first was working as intended. Blizz said NOTHING about that.

A not so unlikely theory is that bad luck protection was working as intended but only activated once you got the first legendary instead of being active as default in the beginning. Thus they got the 2nd legendary with "working" bad luck protection and normal people didn't benefit from that bad luck protection while they should have.
    Blizzard said multiple times that nearly everyone has a legendary when raid starts, so that they don't have such a huge impact on the race. I don't see so many people having them yet
    That theory is bogus, that would more than likely mean explicit code to introduce this.

More than likely bad luck streak protection is working for everyone. Just don't assume because you play hardcore for 2 weeks you should be guaranteed a legendary. your chance might have gone up from 0.1% to 1%.

It is very very likely that the bug was that finding a legendary simply was not substracted from whatever value they store to track your bad luck streak and instead added to the score.

Since a legendary is obviously a lot more worth in terms of "luck or lets say karma" than doing 1 mythic id, the few who already lucked out and found a legendary at low chance are way ahead of those without a drop in terms of the bad luck streak while really they should be way behind us unfortunate.

Sure, have your hunch, but don't state it as if it's also likely happening. Until you have the facts, it's still just an assumption.
    It's not even a hunch. I'm not assuming anything about the system. I'm just saying that the only thing Blizz can do after a screw-up this major is release all their data.

If they want to keep their system a secret and just insist they're fixing it (even with people STILL reporting bugged droprates) then players aren't going to be satisfied with that. Ya get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    we had 1 leg in our guild until tuesday now theres like 5, so im guessing they fixed the bug and upped the drop rate? Tho i think 3 of them are the same ring from court of stars.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They've said there's "bad-luck protection"; meaning the longer you go without one, the more your chances increase of getting one.
    Yeah I remember seeing that, but at the moment I'm more in a "confirm it or it's not worth shit" kind of mood regarding this subject. They only talked about that one bug which was increased chance after your first, there is no word whatsoever on wether or not that bad-luck system in particular is actually working. And right now their word alone from some time back is worth fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Well the situation is pretty simple, everyone who didn't get one is pretty much screwed.
    Ya can't wait for the "LFM for X must have legendary" shit. It was bound to happen but will happen much sooner now. On top of that people are going to get benched because there guild mate has 3 legendary's.

They need to boost the chance those without one get one just to balance it out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not necessarily the case. They "identified" the issue with someone that has one getting another with a higher chance.

We do not know what they yet have to identify. There may be bugs in the "unlucky" system where by if you did a certain type of WQ more than others.. you have a better chance.

Clearly if they can fuck up the 2nd legendary chance, they can fuck up the first.
    I probably have around 12 hours played on average since day one, with MASSIVE heroic/mythic grinds, over 300 WQ's done etc.
    I'd like to believe I just were one of the lucky ones to FINALLY get his first legendary, rather than just "being bugged" :P.
    But you are right, there can still be a bug after the fix.

Deleted
    They said they've identified the issue and hotfixed it.
    So you're saying the game is 100 % bug free and WAI now?

When will people realize that the world isn't fair?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the need to continually remind the public that a system is still working as intended. You inform your customers when a problem occurs; not the other way around.
    When they shit the carpet as much as they just did, yes they do need to assure people the rest of the systems are actually working if they don't want a metric fuckton of conspiracy theories around the subject within the next few weeks.

They said they've identified the issue and hotfixed it.
    Yet here we are, people linking proof of someone getting 2 legendaries within an hour. Sure, in theory it's possible. It's just way more likely it isn't completely fixed yet. Especially if more cases start popping up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    When will people realize that the world isn't fair?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5
    Oh you mean like when they accidentally halved all the campaign quests except for warriors but their solution was to lower warriors rather than double them screwing over everyone who came later aswell as warriors?

How do people even think that "the world isn't fair" is a proper retort, ever. No shit einstein. This isn't the world, it's a game. It's supposed to have a somewhat level playing field. Kicking off something that is going to have consequences all throughout the expansion and screw people over mayorly based on a mistake of theirs and rng is not a good thing and nobody in their right mind should defend it.

Normally I'd say the person in charge of this mess should be fired but he already was and is now stuffing his unemployed ass with cheetohs while working on his "writing career".

They could just hotfix this bug without announcing it = everyone is happy.

I wouldn't be so quick to think a linked picture on here is factual evidence to the problem not being fixed.
    A picture? We got a link to an armory page where it clearly states someone got 2 different legendaries in the same hour. Now you're just being deliberately obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    I'm talking stat wise. Talking about effects is something marginal. As having a medioker legendary on one spec can provide more damage than having the best one on another spec.
    Besides it was a developer bug. If you got to exploit it by accident good for you, if you didn't you're just gonna have to do it the old fashioned way, like the rest of us. Still think there is no reason to shit on the guys who were lucky to get 2 or 3.
    But they were not lucky due to RNG, they were "lucky" due to Blizzards fck up. Yes 1st one was due to luck and RNG 2nd and 3rd were not. That would be like playing the lottery and hoping you get something and you don't week after week while a friend of yours wins 3 times in that time, later you find out that it was due to bad coding and prog that was randomly picking numbers was choosing winners over "losers".

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be so quick to think a linked picture on here is factual evidence to the problem not being fixed.
    What are you white knight in chief? Weren't you one of the smartasses saying rng is rng and "confirmation bias" yesterday?