Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    On the other hand as long Morhaime can just butt in and tell whoever "make this game more fun!" blizzard will be ok. He should not retire before he dies, he is like the pope. I mean the one before the previous!

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I work for one of the largest software companies on this planet. We have over 150 products. The last month before a product release every manager, developer and IT professional involved are tearing their hair out. It's even worse for gaming companies because people aren't forgiving for release day, launch failures. You either get it right or your game is doomed.
    If your an established studio like Ea people will still buy that shit. The new battlefront doesn't even have single player but it sold fine.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    No, but these last two (especially Metzen) are a lot more important than your daily Blizzard HQ janitor. I am in no why saying WoW is going to die soon (It's not), but how is the game to change in subtle, or less subtle ways, and will that change be smooth going into the newer planned content or will it negatively affect one or more aspects of the game until things blow over?
    Metzen did shit for WoW in the last gazillion years. He was a vice president of some shit, he didn't work on WoW specifically. No, voice work does not matter. He probably spent the last several years buried in the Warcraft movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Funny cuz today I just met a guy in my job that used to work at Blizzard, he said he left because he started to hate the company and that it became completely corporate over the years.
    Yeah, people always tell the truth about their previous jobs. How do you know he was not fired because he sucked ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I mean, there was a pretty large list of people leaving right before this.
    Really? Please show us the list and then we will define and discuss "large".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    His hair looks more awful than Lore's. That shit ain't cute and its not fabulous either.
    I've wrestled with the thought of our place, as humans, in this vast perpetually expanding void called "space". I have asked myself: "What is there for us humans? What is the meaning of our short existance on this rock of dirt?". Not even the thought of passing through this span of time we call "life", knowing that we won't know if we've lived it the way we wanted until it is too late compares to the mystery of why Lore won't cut his fucking hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post

Really? Please show us the list and then we will define and discuss "large".
    You had people like crithto, zarhym, bashok and several other CMs leave as well as one of the biggest guys himself, chris metzen. You only have 111 posts, so I just assume you missed out on seeing all of the people leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Never heard of the guy before now, so don't really give a shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    If your an established studio like Ea people will still buy that shit. The new battlefront doesn't even have single player but it sold fine.
    It was also bundled with the PS4 which counted and piggy backed off the hype of the star wars movie coming out. Every person I talked to disliked it after about an hour including myself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Blizzard's losing lots of the old guard. I wonder what's going on over there.
    The old guard is getting old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    No, but these last two (especially Metzen) are a lot more important than your daily Blizzard HQ janitor. I am in no why saying WoW is going to die soon (It's not), but how is the game to change in subtle, or less subtle ways, and will that change be smooth going into the newer planned content or will it negatively affect one or more aspects of the game until things blow over?

That transition already happened. Metzen stepped down as creative director of WOW (his title since vanilla), and Afrasiabi took over, for WoD. Metzen then moved over to Overwatch as creative director. His leaving will impact Overwatch more than WoW, now. It also depends on how much work he left behind, that they can use.

But, it's definitely a milestone, it's "Post-Metzen Blizzard" now, and it's gonna be different. Good or bad - no way to know.

Deleted
    Yeah WoW questing has not evolved much since WOTLK to be fair. The phasing has just been polished but the quests nowadays still revolve around "kill 10 things and then kill the boss of the 10 things", "collect 10 pieces of useless crap" "talk to this guy for...reasons" "click on this shiny thing"

The air bombardments type of quests have been there since burning crusade and they are no really interesting gameplay wise, the rest is same old same old.

I guess no matter the effort, the core design of MMO will always make questing boring and artificial

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah, the lead quest designer only designed the filler quests, nothing else.

Those "filler quests" are actually 90% of quests ingame but hey feel free to reshape reality

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Wait, people that are hired to talk to the public are now 'great' names for WoW?
    Well known and recognizable. Aka, some of the few they had handling things such as public relations. So yes, those are great names since they helped with communicating with their playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Never heard of the guy before now, so don't really give a shit.
    This guy is the reason why Legion is successful. He is a superstar at blizzard and gets things done. It's a BIG loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    James Waugh is also leaving Blizzard:-(

Well some quest in warlords and legion are very short without much context like in the previous expantions, there are even some quest that are practically only told about kill x mob and bring me a prove of that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You had people like crithto, zarhym, bashok and several other CMs leave as well as one of the biggest guys himself, chris metzen. You only have 111 posts, so I just assume you missed out on seeing all of the people leaving.
    So you have 3 + several CMs leaving and Chris Metzen. This is a "large" list for you? Who gives a fuck if a CM leaves? They are easily replaced and not missed at all. Did something change after Bashiok left? The only people that matter are the actual developers... Chris Metzen was not even involved in WoW anymore, he was on Overwatch, he wasn't any "big guy" on WoW...