Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Actually, the bindings have to be "recent", since it's clearly stated on them "intended for Thunderaan the WINDLORD", not Windseeker as he was known back then.

Which to me quite clearly points out to the fact that we're not looking for some ancient enemy of Thunderaan, but a current one. Which to me rules out the fire elem guy form VotW.
    I agree. I pointed to dargrul as the owner of a binding, and when we're sent off to find a second binding, Wrath of Azshara, being a recently bound (by Azshara no less) elemental as dropping the second one.

We find the first binding, powerful enough to threaten any elemental Lord, and pique thunderaan's interest, and he sends us to find another, plus the ore, so that he can make use of such powerful bindings.

Perhaps the finished bindings are indeed meant for thunderaan, not to imprison him, but FOR him, at his request.

Greetings fellow Windseekers!

I've read the majority of the old thread and am fairly certain this hasn't been mentioned yet.

In Azsuna at 56,71 (where we got our Dreadblades) there are Fire Elementals called "Ever-burning Familiar".
    They seem to be summoned by Timeless Pyromancers and/or Timeless Flamespeakers (both of which are some type of Banshees) in that area.

These elementals might have something to do with the Firelords Kin.
    Before encountering them I couldn't think of any elementals with ties to a/the Firelord besides Ash'Glom (who was a lieutenant of Ragnaros).
    Most of the fire elementals we meet on the Broken Isles seem to be fel fire elementals and thus purely legion related (unless I've got that wrong - feel free to correct me).

These Ever-burning Familiars don't seem to drop anything besides grey stuff BUT they are categorized as Humanoid which I do find quite interesting.

I bribed one of them but nothing special happend. They have two abilities: "Burn" and "Enkindle".

Pickpocketing them only gave me the "No pockets to pick" message – couldn’t pickpocket the Banshees either.

Personally I don't think this will lead us any closer to the Bindings, but I thought I might as well share the information anyways, maybe someone here can come up with something.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in the surrounding area there are all kinds of elementals (arcance, water etc.) and also smaller fire elementals called "Smoldering Familiar" that are humanoid too , but same their cousins, they can't be pickpocketed and don't drop anything of interest.
    Last edited by RedTempest; 2016-09-16 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTempest View Post
    Greetings fellow Windseekers!

I've read the majority of the old thread and am fairly certain this hasn't been mentioned yet.

In Azsuna at 56,71 (where we got our Dreadblades) there are Fire Elementals called "Ever-burning Familiar".
    They seem to be summoned by Timeless Pyromancers and/or Timeless Flamespeakers (both of which are some type of Banshees) in that area.

These elementals might have something to do with the Firelords Kin.
    Before encountering them I couldn't think of any elementals with ties to a/the Firelord besides Ash'Glom (who was a lieutenant of Ragnaros).
    Most of the fire elementals we meet on the Broken Isles seem to be fel fire elementals and thus purely legion related (unless I've got that wrong - feel free to correct me).

These Ever-burning Familiars don't seem to drop anything besides grey stuff BUT they are categorized as Humanoid which I do find quite interesting.

I bribed one of them but nothing special happend. They have two abilities: "Burn" and "Enkindle".

Pickpocketing them only gave me the "No pockets to pick" message – couldn’t pickpocket the Banshees either.

Personally I don't think this will lead us any closer to the Bindings, but I thought I might as well share the information anyways, maybe someone here can come up with something.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in the surrounding area there are all kinds of elementals (arcance, water etc.) and also smaller fire elementals called "Smoldering Familiar" that are humanoid too , but same their cousins, they can't be pickpocketed and don't drop anything of interest.
    This has been mentioned multiple times in reference to Mr. Shackle. It's likely that they're flagged as humanoids so that mages can polymorph them for their arcane hidden skin. There are fire, frost, and arcane elementals (the 3 mage specs).

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Actually, the bindings have to be "recent", since it's clearly stated on them "intended for Thunderaan the WINDLORD", not Windseeker as he was known back then.

Which to me quite clearly points out to the fact that we're not looking for some ancient enemy of Thunderaan, but a current one. Which to me rules out the fire elem guy form VotW.
    I was thinking ... what if ... just if ... there's another guy that wanted the "Windlord throne"? Anyone have any idea who could possibly be?

Ok so i did wardens today and killed the ghosts after killing Cordana using the light orbs. Then this appeared but we couldn't seem too open it. I would also like to add on some occasions there are Warden statues within VOTW that are repairable via engineering apparently this is due to a demon hunter being in your group, we didnt have one with us but maybe someone could get a group together with a demon hunter and try it out or maybe open the cell. Look in the bottom right for the tool tip of Cell door 3-5x

Link: imgurDOTcom/a/fxm3q

People should be starting to finish researching Defiant Legacy from today - I'm curious to see if it results in anything related to this.
    Last edited by maddnesskhaz; 2016-09-16 at 08:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have a second player who has obtained the skin. Thanks to the discord group for sharing this.

Here is the armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...insan/advanced

A couple guys already asked him and he said that it was an alt and his character was bugged too.

So not really helping with the search, but Cisky seems not to be the only rogue to have obtained the skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people have specific NPC names and ID's they've tried to bribe e.t.c please let me know what and where it was. I will be updating the NPC section tomorrow when I have some more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantgnome View Post
    We have a second player who has obtained the skin. Thanks to the discord group for sharing this.

Here is the armory link: *link removed*

A couple guys already asked him and he said that it was an alt and his character was bugged too.

So not really helping with the search, but Cisky seems not to be the only rogue to have obtained the skin.
    Painsan doesn't have the "Hidden Apperance" achievement either, so this is another bug skin.

Another thing that can be added, is that the Emanation of the Winds is a reward from "Audience with the Windlord".
    Proof of that can be found on the armory:
    us.battle net/wow/en/item/139536

If you open the link for the quest in wowhead, it says it doesn't exist yet. So neither wowhead or wowdb have this quest, but it does exist.
    wowhead com/quest=43560
    Last edited by fektefaen; 2016-09-16 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maddnesskhaz View Post
    People should be starting to finish researching Defiant Legacy from today - I'm curious to see if it results in anything related to this.
    I've just sent my Defias Thieves out on a mission, will report back if I'll get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by maddnesskhaz View Post
    You mean as a Class Hall 'trait' right? And not the trait itself.

I saw many theories the last days that the trigger might actually is: us holding old Thunderfury , having mining , having Defiant Legacy as trait etc. I don't think Blizzard would make the trigger happen from things many players wouldn't choose ( Not many people have old Thunderfury , not everone has mining or chose same traits etc).

Also another theory about the second binding dropping from Wrath of Azshara, I think this won't be the case since Wrath of Azshara drops the hidden restoration shaman appearance.

To be honest at this moment I don't think we can get Thunderfury yet. My bet is next week, that so many things are being released, people will start getting more clues and hopefully the weapon. It's not possible anyone in the world wouldn't find something by now.

I still have my money on Defiant Legacy bringing back the bindings, based purely on the coincidental evidence that their item IDs are right in the middle of a whole batch of mission reward items. The AK gating sounds reasonable to me as well, but I don't know why the bosses would just suddenly start dropping new loot based on your artifact knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf View Post
    I still have my money on Defiant Legacy bringing back the bindings, based purely on the coincidental evidence that their item IDs are right in the middle of a whole batch of mission reward items. The AK gating sounds reasonable to me as well, but I don't know why the bosses would just suddenly start dropping new loot based on your artifact knowledge.
    Guess if a player in the game (who doesn't read forums , or doesn't care about minmaxing , or or or chooses a different path and picks the other trait over legacy). Then what? He wouldn't be able to start the Q for his hidden appearance?

I'm pretty sure Blizzard wouldn't do this.

Also for the AK , I agree seems weird how magically it will drop from somewhere which makes me think we might actually looking in a raid drop/world boss/ NPC in raid etc.

My money is on some relation to Cenarius. As said previously we don't have a spec with raid drops as of yet, and the only boss we have with any real relations to the firelord's kin or the elementals is Cenarius. He, Malfurion and Hamuul "bound" Ragnaros in Firelands and it's possible they came out with a binding of some sort after their adventures there. Just a thought, since the GM talked about phasing issues which may be related to the opening of the nightmare soon.

I haven't finished my order hall quest yet, so if I'm way off base then ignore me, but I just heard a giant spiel from Valeera about the Raven Gem that allows us to read any language. So maybe this is how we read those draconic tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryTheRogue View Post
    You mean as a Class Hall 'trait' right? And not the trait itself.

I saw many theories the last days that the trigger might actually is: us holding old Thunderfury , having mining , having Defiant Legacy as trait etc. I don't think Blizzard would make the trigger happen from things many players wouldn't choose ( Not many people have old Thunderfury , not everone has mining or chose same traits etc).

Also another theory about the second binding dropping from Wrath of Azshara, I think this won't be the case since Wrath of Azshara drops the hidden restoration shaman appearance.

To be honest at this moment I don't think we can get Thunderfury yet. My bet is next week, that so many things are being released, people will start getting more clues and hopefully the weapon. It's not possible anyone in the world wouldn't find something by now.
    The mining theory was pure unadultered stupidity. The theory on needing Defias Legacy isn't. You need certain OH traits to get other class's hidden appearance so it isn't farfetched.

I'm pretty sure (something like 90%) I saw a rogue with them on my server (Archimonde - EU), thought it was a known process so I didn't take his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    The mining theory was pure unadultered stupidity. The theory on needing Defias Legacy isn't. You need certain OH traits to get other class's hidden appearance so it isn't farfetched.
    Can you tell me which classes need a certain OH trait for their hidden? I actually didn't know this.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryTheRogue View Post
    Can you tell me which classes need a certain OH trait for their hidden? I actually didn't know this.
    Brewmaster Monks and Restoration Druids.

Monks have a daily Keg they can "open" for items that buff them for an hour each, that improve things like damage, health, infinite rolls, etc. Can be used in Broken Isles and Dungeons. But not raids, Mythic +, or Rated PvP content.

Druids plant seeds with their trait, and can get goodies from that as well.

Both have a chance to provide the hidden artifact.

The ones he said plus Frost mages. The portals has a daily chance to send you to frostfire ridge.