Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ixzo View Post
    about to test that theory, but forever que's! haha
    not sure if rep is required, but it's worth a shot

Tried going to Mr. Shackles, didnt notice any difference there, worth another try later on perhaps

Didnt drop for me in votw, but dont have the rep, and one run is a non existing sample size so basically it means nothing haha

Didnt drop for me in votw, but dont have the rep, and one run is a non existing sample size so basically it means nothing haha
    How far from Wardens exalted are you? I guess its worth all of us getting exalted with..well every faction as a precaution D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    How far from Wardens exalted are you? I guess its worth all of us getting exalted with..well every faction as a precaution D:
    10k to go, so a fair bit I guess, really annoying rep to farm, as the quests are so limited
    farming court aswell in the meantime I guess, thought I was finally done for a bit with wq's haha, guess im hopping back in

I tried to pull the chinese guy's profile into wowjuju but it wouldn't work.

瓦拉加尔 <- Is how Valajar is listed on the chinese wowhead page

15+ Year Old Account
    Hold on! something changed after standing there for a little while! Ill screenshot everything and add it to the album

She ended up giving me the quest! pictures added to the album http://imgur.com/a/RKY35

so she was the NPC that gave the quest for 'Bindings of the Windlord'
    Edit: Nvm. Not relevant yet, I was thinking of the end dialogue with Thunderaan.
    Last edited by Simca; 2016-09-27 at 07:54 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people thinking Valajar / Maw of Souls is related?

I haven't been paying much attention, but everything I've seen suggests it is from Neltharion's Lair for the left binding and then an unknown place for the right binding.

The way artifact appearances work apparently is that you need Exalted reputation with the faction associated with the area to progress, so that's why you need Highmountain Tribe for Neltharion's Lair (just like Fury needs several Exalted reps, and Demonology needs an Exalted rep for where they're farming).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

I haven't been paying much attention, but everything I've seen suggests it is from Neltharion's Lair for the left binding and then an unknown place for the right binding.

The way artifact appearances work apparently is that you need Exalted reputation with the faction associated with the area to progress, so that's why you need Highmountain Tribe for Neltharion's Lair (just like Fury needs several Exalted reps, and Demonology needs an Exalted rep for where they're farming).
    I mean.... you do realise like everyone else gets told to actually read the thread right?

Not sure if special rules apply here

Did you even read 1-2 pages back ? it is 100% confirmed that the left one drops from Nelt's Lair...
    Last edited by NanoNikk; 2016-09-27 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    AK5, Valarjar, Highmountain and Nightfallen exalted. Finished Neltharion's mythic for the first time this lockout, no drop. Going to try a normal run now.
    Last edited by mmoc420d930b3c; 2016-09-27 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    AK5, Valarjar, Highmountain and Nightfallen exalted. Finished Neltharion's mythic for the first time this lockout, no drop.
    Says you are not revered with Valarjar on armory but i guess its just not updated properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    AK5, Valarjar, Highmountain and Nightfallen exalted. Finished Neltharion's mythic for the first time this lockout, no drop. Going to try a normal run now.
    If I had to guess it takes some or all of those but is still a rng drop.

All the rogues that have obtained a binding so far have Artifact Knowledge 5 and exalted with Highmountain / Valajar. Maw of Souls is a quick way to farm Valajar rep at 250 a piece.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Says you are not revered with Valarjar on armory but i guess its just not updated properly?
    Yeah did not logout since the exalted. I try a relog, maybe that helps too. *puts on tinfoil hat*

Quote Originally Posted by NanoNikk View Post
    Did you even read 1-2 pages back ? it is 100% confirmed that the left one drops from Nelt's Lair...
    That's what he's saying, my man. Simca is simply confused as to the Valajar connection, as the Valajar don't have anything to do with Neltharion's Lair or the speculated second drop location, Vault of the Wardens.

I'm confused, myself. It seems like the only reason people are citing Valajar is because it was one of the only two reps that all Rogues have had maxed out along with Highmountain who've gotten the drop. Pretty sure people are looking for something that isn't there. Odds are you only need Highmountain exalted and AK5 in order to have a chance to loot the thing from Neltharion's Lair.

Btw, this is my first time posting here in years. Good to see you people again. Hopefully you've all simmered down over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckeor View Post
    That's what he's saying, my man. Simca is simply confused as to the Valajar connection, as the Valajar don't have anything to do with Neltharion's Lair or the speculated second drop location, Vault of the Wardens.

I'm confused, myself. It seems like the only reason people are citing Valajar is because it was one of the only two reps that all Rogues have had maxed out along with Highmountain who've gotten the drop. Pretty sure people are looking for something that isn't there. Odds are you only need Highmountain exalted and AK5 in order to have a chance to loot the thing from Neltharion's Lair.

Btw, this is my first time posting here in years. Good to see you people again. Hopefully you've all simmered down over the years.
    The Valajar connection also comes in with the quest giver, who is in Stormheim. After you obtain a binding you have to seek out Thyrmijar (dragon you speak with during questing in Stormheim) who gives you the quest "Bindings of the Windseeker".

Deleted
    The Valajar connection also comes in with the quest giver, who is in Stormheim. After you obtain a binding you have to seek out Thyrmijar (dragon you speak with during questing in Stormheim) who gives you the quest "Bindings of the Windseeker".
    I believe she is from a different faction tho, as she turns out neutral (not friendly) So I have to admit I have to jump on the boat with Simca, and *note* speculate that it's only Highmountain involved.

I believe she is from a different faction tho, as she turns out neutral (not friendly) So I have to admit I have to jump on the boat with Simca, and *note* speculate that it's only Highmountain involved.
    This very well could be the case. No one with Highmountain exalted only has managed to get it though, yet that is.

Of course; I've been following this hunt in lurking since it began. Makes sense, but I doubt you'd need Valajar exalted just to talk to a dragon who already loves you. Peeps who want the appearance should focus more on maxing out Highmountain and Wardens, as these are the reps directly associated with the confirmed and speculated instances that drop the bindings.

All the rogues that have obtained a binding so far have Artifact Knowledge 5 and exalted with Highmountain / Valajar. Maw of Souls is a quick way to farm Valajar rep at 250 a piece.
    are these 250 per end boss, per difficulty, per day? So you could do normal/heroic maw, every day, for 500 each day?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaigami View Post
    are these 250 per end boss, per difficulty, per day? So you could do normal/heroic maw, every day, for 500 each day?
    I know for Maw you get it from killing Helya cause someone in my guild grinded to exalted doing Maw of Souls. So yes, 500 a day then 250 each time after that.